Second Arc (His Art of War) – 102. Theatre’s Play III
471 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 102. Theatre's Play III
"I think instead of focusing on the past, shouldn't we focus on the future?" Duke Bartlet tried to divert their conversation.
"We can discuss it at the meeting later. I still want to hear other nobles' suggestions," said Angel.
"Your Majesty, do you still doubt about Princess Rose and Prince Ilex's relationship?" guessed Ivetta.
"Yes. I doubt it." He started provoking them. Then he smirked.
"I even doubt her relationship with Prince Artheur now," he added.
After hearing Angel's words, Duke Bartlet and Ivetta caught how he was clearly attracted to Rose. And that was not a good sign.
"Your Majesty, does this relate to this morning's event?" Duke Bartlet tried to maintain his composure even though he was restless since he had heard Angel's attitude towards Rose this morning, especially how Rose returned Angel's blazer. Although this event just happened recently, this rumour spread quickly because it was such big news that it couldn't possibly escape from everyone's attention.
"Do you mean 'last night'?" Angel made it clear.
They couldn't hide their surprise on their faces.
"Did you meet Her Highness last night, Your Majesty?" asked Ivetta as she could make her voice.
"Yes, we chatted in my room all night since we needed some privacy and she told me a lot of things," said Angel casually, as if he didn't mind everyone knowing this.
Ivetta and Duke Bartlet were speechless. He had invited Rose to have a chat in his room and lent his blazer last night. What else they could say?
Ivetta forced a smile.
"Your Majesty, it seems that you are really interested in Her Highness."
"I've never met a woman like her before. Of course, I'm interested in her," he said boldly.
After a short pause, Duke Bartlet spoke again.
"I'm glad to hear that, Your Majesty." He didn't know what else to say.
"But I think you should be more careful with her, Your Majesty," said Ivetta suddenly as she could no longer contain her jealousy and envy. Why did everyone choose Rose? Rose was just a useless spoiled princess, whereas Ivetta felt herself more than Rose. But she was born with a lower status than her. Therefore, to get higher status than Rose, Ivetta had to take Angel from her.
Duke Bartlet was quite shocked by Ivetta's reaction. While Angel remained calm.
"Why?" asked Angel.
"As I said before, Your Majesty. Princess Rose loves Zephyrus so much and sees you as her enemy. I hope you can consider it for your safety," Ivetta explained.
"So you're saying she is just pretending?" Angel asked for a confirmation.
"Although I don't know her real purpose, it could be that way," said Ivetta.
"I mean I've been friends with her for a long time and know her character very well," she added.
Angel smirked.
"Is that something a good friend should say?" he said straight to the point.
Ivetta lowered her head.
"I know I shouldn't be saying this. I am only concerned about your safety, Your Majesty," she reasoned.
A chuckle came out of his mouth.
"You are worried about my safety? Am I not the enemy kingdom's king who just took Zephyrus from you?" Then he leaned to them.
"If I change my mind and take Zephyrus completely under my authority, won't you lose your noble status?" he smirked.
Hearing Angel's words, Duke Bartlet quickly added.
"We believe His Majesty would not do such a cruel thing. In fact, we think you can lead Zephyrus better than His Majesty King Eudon."
Angel knew that Duke Bartlet was starting to panic, while Ivetta ... Obviously she was already overwhelmed by her anger and envy. Therefore he wouldn't push them any more than this. After all, he saw this as an opportunity to create disunity between them.
"I will look forward for your help in the future."
"With pleasure, Your Majesty," they replied.
"I think that's enough. We can continue this conversation at the meeting later." Angel stood up from his seat.
"I will excuse myself."
Meanwhile, Ivetta lowered her head as she held back her anger while Duke Bartlet did the same as he held back his annoyance at Ivetta's recklessness.
As Angel turned around, he noticed their expressions.
'Let's see how you fight among yourselves,' he thought as he stepped toward the exit.


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:
Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, logan, Jason Voorhees, Glenn Grogan, Justin Levin-Bugher, Gregory Lamberta, Majorana, Dim Dolgopolov, xyz, Alzein, Kiritsuke, Julian Vanderlinde, Bradly, Akhil, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, modislaszlo, Joshyxz., Enes, Luke Satterfield, May Song, TheBroilern, Loki388, Warwulfv, Broheam, Jay Owens, Diego Eduardo Caraballo Ramirez, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Baráth Bálint, christian Mordal Andersen, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Grn, Kevin Caffrey, Felix -Olivier, Mynamejeff, Tobias Speth, ThatOneGuy, Nicolli Elmore, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, Sage Honos, bloodbane 21, Evzen Sichyokno, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ibrahima Diakhaté, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Justin Gamble, Cragen, Dylan, Mohannad Ali Alosaimi, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, nitrham, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Carlos Carballo, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, Robbie stobie, Jay96, spiritjeppe, noah stevens, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Simon Preiß, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, Siegrail, timothy wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Demahom, Blazin185, Freddie, Killstroyer, Meanderaway, tekdry25, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua Tal, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Nemorus, T-Money, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Drew, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


14