Second Arc (His Art of War) – 104. Another Stage of The Game
491 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 104. Another Stage of The Game
In his room, Angel who sat on his sofa, smirked.
'Looks like my plan is going well.' As before he used his 'Evil Eye' to spy on Ivetta and Duke Bartlet.
"Did everything go well, Your Majesty?" Frost's voice came from his side. After Frost finished checking and preparing for castle security, he returned to Angel's room since he just got a message from Gaia. Besides, Angel also wanted to talk about his next plan.
He cancelled his spell as he opened his eyes.
"Even better." Then he turned his gaze to Frost who was sitting on the separate sofa beside him.
"Lady Ivetta plans to get rid of Princess Rose. Meanwhile, Duke Bartlet plans to get rid of me. They will start their plans at the meeting.
"I'll send a 'magic messenger' to Flare to warn her," said Frost.
"Very well." Angel took the teacup in front of him and drank it. Meanwhile, Frost was still waiting for his next order since instead of worrying about Princess Rose, he was more obliged to protect Angel.
Noticing Frost's serious expression, he realized what Frost was waiting for. He put back the cup on the table.
"Let them approach me," he said in an indifferent tone.
Frost objected to his plans.
"Your Majesty, you don't need to be a bait. We already have Princess Rose as our bait."
"Princess Rose was Lady Ivetta's bait but I was Duke Bartlet's bait. Besides, I have to give Lady Ivetta a chance to get close to me."
"You will give Lady Ivetta a chance to approach you?" asked Frost in confusion.
"Yes. I'll use a push-pull strategy on her. We'll see how she responds to it." (Push-pull: Expressing interest, then disinterest to increase attraction and curiosity). In this case, Angel wanted to use this to make Ivetta and Duke Bartlet attack each other.
"I wanted to see how much information she could give me and how far she could go." Then he returned his gaze to Frost as he remembered that Frost wanted to report something to him
"Is there anything you want to report?"
"Gaia has replied to my message. He said, Prince Ilex has been in a bad mood since yesterday afternoon and spent his time drinking all night," said Frost.
From that report, Angel concluded that Ilex already knew his plan had failed, which meant that there were still other spies in the castle.
'I have to find out who the spy is.'
"What about King Gervis?" he asked.
"King Gervis is focused on improving Asteria's financial condition and spending more time in the study room. Meanwhile, Princess Ophelia ..." Frost's words stopped. With Angel's cold attitude, Frost never thought that Angel had a complicated love triangle.
"Did something happen to her?" Traces of worry sounded in his voice.
"Nothing. It's just, now she doesn't want to go back to her room, but stays in yours."
"Which one?" As long as he lived in Asteria, he had two rooms. In the royal family corridor when his father was alive and in the back corridor.
"Your room in the back corridor, Your Majesty."
Angel exhaled in exhaustion. That room looked like an intermediate soldier's room and too close to the barracks. That place was not fit for a princess like her.
"Did King Gervis say nothing about it?"
"King Gervis could not prevent her so he only ordered extra security for that room."
He fell silent. Even though he knew there was no single soldier would dare to touch Ophelia but her reputation was something else.
'I think King Gervis is spoiling her too much,' he thought as a breath came out of his mouth.
"Find out who is Prince Ilex's spy and finish him. Also send my orders to Asteria to empty that room and burn all my things in it, make sure there is nothing left. And change the room into a resting place for elite Euphorion troops, "he ordered. Angel deliberately placed his troops in that room, so even if Ophelia was still trying to get into the room, they would kick her out regardless of her status as a royal family.
"Yes, Your Majesty," replied Frost.
"Is there anything else?" asked Angel.
Frost shook his head.
"Alright, we just have to wait for another stage of this game," Angel smirked again.
'Your grand plan has failed. What will you do now? Ilex Ferris? '


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

I just added a new benefit to my patreon tier:
*Tier 1 (1 $) = access 1 advanced chapters of all my stories.
*Tier 2 (3 $) = access 5 advanced chapters TIS, 5 chapters DM, 3 chapters DKH.
*Tier 3 (6 $) = access 10 advanced chapters TIS, 7 chapters DKH and DM.
*Tier 4 (10 $) = access 18 advanced chapters of TIS, 12 chapters DKH and 10 chapters DM.

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:

Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Hasenpelz, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Korath25, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, logan, Jason Voorhees, Glenn Grogan, Justin Levin-Bugher, Gregory Lamberta, Majorana, Dim Dolgopolov, xyz, Alzein, Kiritsuke, Julian Vanderlinde, Bradly, Akhil, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, modislaszlo, Joshyxz., Enes, Luke Satterfield, May Song, TheBroilern, Loki388, Warwulfv Broheam, Jay Owens, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Baráth Bálint, christian Mordal Andersen, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Grn, Kevin Caffrey, Felix -Olivier, Mynamejeff, Tobias Speth, ThatOneGuy, Nicolli Elmore, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, Sage Honos, bloodbane 21, Evzen Sichyokno, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ibrahima Diakhaté, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Justin Gamble, Cragen, Dylan, Mohannad Ali Alosaimi, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, nitrham, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Carlos Carballo, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, Robbie stobie, Jay96, spiritjeppe, noah stevens, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Simon Preiß, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, Siegrail, timothy wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Demahom, Blazin185, Freddie, Killstroyer, Meanderaway, tekdry25, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua Tal, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, T-Money, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Drew, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️



13