. . .
267 14 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter how many times I’ve visited it, the human world always seemed so… colorful. It’s probably just the difference from living deep underwater where very little sunlight filtered down versus living on the surface with plenty of sunlight, but I couldn’t help myself but marvel at it. No wonder Amelia spent most of her time away if this is what it always looked like on the surface.

I bought myself a cute outfit at one of the shops, changing into it in their changing room. Much better than the stuffy clothes of the Atlantean royalty. Nudity wasn’t a big of a thing underwater as I learned it was on the surface; mainly because of how many Atlanteans couldn’t wear clothes due to how their bodies looked or functioned, but the royalty wore clothes to show off their status.

My mindless wandering brought me further away from the shores and deeper inland. Technically, I wasn’t supposed to be on the surface, considering I was visiting my family… but they were always so stuffy and boring and pompous, that I had to get away. I would go back down… eventually… when I found my way out of this forest… I’m not making it back to the shore, am I?

BANG, the sound of gunshot immediately cemented that idea as I ducked. It didn’t do anything, as the shot went wide, and the bark of tree exploded nearby. I started running away from the direction of the gunshot, further into the woods. More tree bark exploded nearby as I ran. Pain bloomed in my side, as a powerful flash of light exploded nearby.

I clutched my tail and its cut fin tightly, costing my balance, but keeping it safe. I collapsed in the middle of a field, thousands of eyes gazing out from the dark of the trees. Heckling, laughing, shouts exploded from the dark. Wingbeats, the sound of a drum, pumping blood into my ears.

I am drowning.

Yells of alarm, feathers flooding, screams. Commands, voices. Horn(s?) held the moon, glowing with power, calming voices. A bird, flight.

I woke up.

14