side: Nameless junior witch, third report
20 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

following content has been edited and posted with the help of poltergeist Wilhelm.

All modifications to the text have been delineated with square brackets.

Miss [Sabrina] talked with me today.

I don't know if she suspects that I am aware of her plans, or if she is just checking up on her progress, but talking with her was terrifying!

I felt like I was walking on a tightrope above a deep chasm!

I did my best to act the part of a clueless victim and even tried to get more information out of her, but I don't know how successful I was.

I'm so scared.

Whoever can, please, please save me! I don't know how much longer I can take it! Please!

I'm desperate here. 

[redacted repeating content]

But enough moping!

I decided to take matters into my own hands!

First, I will act on conjectures that I have no way to prove but feel to make the most sense to me:

1) [Sabrina] wants to obtain my soul.

In the last report I mentioned how she wants something immaterial from me, and after looking through the records from the [office library], the soul is the only thing that makes sense for her to want to obtain because [redacted] which no other immaterial quality possesses.

I am not sure if it's a hideous enough a scheme for the great witch to call it that, however.

The great witch herself has admited to have damned entire cultures so, surely, a small little witch like me is not a big enough tragedy.

But if I adopt this reasoning, no amount of torture on top of already expected literal eternal damnation is enough.

I will just assume that hideousness of a scheme cannot be measured by comparing numbers.

Or what is hideous when done by [Sabrina] is perfectly acceptable or even commendable when done by the great witch.

2) [Sabrina] cannot force me to give my soul to her (yet)

I have worked in the coven for less than a year and I know for certain that if a witch wants something and can get it by force, she will.

The [office library] supports my conjecture if what she wants is my soul. To obtain it, one needs [consent] of the donor.

This requirement can be overrriden through a variety of ways - which I assume how she plans to get my soul.

She cannot do it yet.

3) [Sabrina] plans are related to the coming of [His Majesty Prince] Lucifer.

Look at me, talking about the literal Devil coming to Earth like it's normal. The me from a year ago would think I'd gone crazy!

But this one I imagine because it just fits so perfectly. What can be worse than an eternity in Hell? When you are damned by the Devil himself!

4) [Sabrina] acts alone (in the sense of lacking support of other senior witches) and in secret (from other senior witches).

Because even the great witch, the mentor of [Sabrina], found out through a coincidence. If she informed someone else of the plan but did not take it to the great witch, it would be disrespectful towards the great witch.

Taking it all into consideration, how would I go about breaking through the plans of [Sabrina]?

The first idea that comes to mind is seeking help from someone of the same level.

But these past few days have taught me that no witch would be willing to help me out for no reason, even if I manage to convince them.

Maybe they will directly join [Sabrina] to share in the benefits, or maybe they will extort her for something of value or even try to replace [Sabrina] with themselves in her role - but they will not act to save my life and soul.

I do not have the same value [Sabrina] could offer them and witches pursue profits above all.

Then maybe I could get some other being on my side. 

I could consort with a demon, or some deity. I might, but only when the situation is dire enough because doing so sounds like exchanging one problem for another, bigger, more dangerous problem.

But, surely, there must be some way to prevent things like this from happening, right? Otherwise [Sabrina] wouldn't hide her plans.

But no. I have consulted the [legal] rules and even if [Sabrina] does have plans for my soul, I do not have any [legal] protections against her getting it.

And even if I had some [laws] on my side, it would be effortless for an experienced witch like [Sabrina] to circumvent them.

I assume she hides her plans to hog all profits to herself or something.

If the rules are in my adversary's favour, shouldn't I stop playing the game altogether? Could I run?

But I can't. Without the coven, I am nothing.

Although the [legal] rules do not protect me from [Sabrina], they give me some measure of safety.

This little safety net would be lost once I am not under the protection of the great witch. Even without [Sabrina], I'd be torn to little bits and my soul would be dragged to Hell.

I cannot leave the coven.

If I cannot stop playing and the rules are not in my favour, should I flip the board?

Should I tell everyone about what I know?

The temptation is there, I admit.

But something tells me it will only make things worse.

Come on, think, me. I must be overlooking something!

1