Chapter 10: The Hundred Quests
226 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky for us, we were able to make it out of the Church without any problems. Usually, when someone takes a Portal to another city, they would have to go through customs once more to make sure they did not sneak in any illegal goods into their storage space that were undetected during their departure. Since I have not taken a portal in ten years I did not know that those affiliated with the Adventurers Guild did not have to go through customs. Apparently, it was some written law that was passed about five years ago. The reason for it is because the Adventurers Guild is affiliated with the Church, Adventurers are exempt from customs. Plus, one's Adventurer license was connected to their mana and thus their storage space through some weird and complicated formula. 

A community bus came to pick us up from the church building. Since it was late, the bus was pretty much empty. As it sped off into the distance, I take a quick glance at the Church building. It was an enormous cathedral built during the Dark Era as a symbol of hope. It had stone gargoyles decorating its pillars. On each gargoyle's chest was a glowing gold mana stone. In the center of the Church exterior were cement arches enclosing a colorful mural which glowed as brightly as all the lights in the city. The mural depicted a female holding a staff in one hand and a book in the other. A golden halo floated above her head and her auburn hair flowed down to the waist of her green Chruch robe. She was the creator of the Church, Pope Iris von Chatelier. She was said to have disappeared when the demons raided the East Continent during the Dark Era according to the records in the Church but others believe she ascended to godhood. The truth is, no one knows what happened on the day she disappeared. What's really bothering me is why the System's AI is named Iris. How was she connected to the Dark Era and Iris von Chatelier? Was she Iris? If that's true then why? 

Questions flooded into my mind as this all felt too strange. Besides me, I saw Rishi knocked out. He was slouched and his head was bent a full ninety degrees. His glasses were lopsided and he was snoring loudly. On my shoulder, Hatsu was also asleep snoring just as loudly as Rishi. 

Those two... I internally laughed while gazing out into the scenery.

Shorelock was just a bigger version of Greenfield and it has not changed since I left it. The lively city life cheers erupting from the battles in the Colosseum, cars on the highway honking at each other. It was the same place I knew. 

With nothing to do, I opened the Hero Game System.   

[Name: Andrew Halycon

Gender: Male

Age: 17

DOB: April 19th

Current Class: Healer Hidden Class: Silver Holy Knight

Current Level: 25

Attack: 142 ~ 144 (Low Iron Rank)

Defense: 125 ( Low Iron Rank)

Speed: 120 (Low Iron Rank)

Intelligence: 134 (Low Iron Rank)

Wisdom: 125 (Low Iron Rank)

Dexterity: 129 (Low Iron Rank)

Mana: 143 (Low Iron Rank)

Abilities/Skills:

[Intermediate Heal][Lv.1] Can heal broken limbs and organs. 

[Basic Mana Control][Lv. 6] Can control mana to enhance a body part.

[Intermediate Flame Magic][Lv. 7] Can use four flames all at once and fire them at the enemy. 

[Basic Petrification][Lv.8] By locking gaze with the enemy, the enemy will be intimidated then turn to stone. 

[Intermediate Poison][Lv. 1] User can stab the enemy and the enemy will suffer poison's effects immediately. 

[Intermediate Wind Step][Lv.3] User can transfer mana and move as fast as the wind. Speed doubles when using [Mana Control].  

[Intermediate Wind Blade][Lv. 5] A blade of compressed wind can be formed with mana. 

[Basic Fencing][Lv.1] A branch of swordsmanship. Swift and sharp strikes. 

[Basic Steal and Heal][Lv. 1] User locks onto a target and steals their energy. The energy can be transferred and used to heal those who the user considers an ally.  

[Growth][Passive][Lv.Max] As the user gets stronger, so will the armor. 1/2 of all stats will be invested into the armor. Skill can transfer to user when armor is not in use.

[Absorb][Passive][Lv.Max] If the armor consumes weapons, armors, or monsters 30% chance user will gain one skill from the item consumed. Skill can transfer over to user when armor is not equipped.

[Getting Stronger Every Day][Passive][Lv.Max] When the user levels up a skill, all stats increase by 1.

[Armor] Lv. 5

[Status] Inactive. 30 day Cool Down.

[Upgrade] Armor Lv. 20

First Seal: Unlock when complete Seal Quest in [Quest] tab]] 

[Contracted Pet: Hatsu (Male) White Wolf Cub [Lv.20]

[See skill set in [Contracted Pet] tab]  

System Extra: Still Weak]

Iris was still as blunt as ever with the 'Still Weak' comment but what is this [First Seal]. 

Suddenly Iris so kindly interrupts. Is she a mind reader? It's a good thing only I can hear her.  

"Owner, the [First Seal] is referring to a restriction on the system. There are a total of seven seals on the system and each one you unlock will grant you access to a new function in the system." 

"That makes sense." I nodded. 

"You can only unlock a seal once you reach a certain level . Once you reach that level, the System will assign you a [Seal Quest] which will vary in difficulty depending on the Seal you are opening. Since you have achieved Level 25, you now have access to the first [Seal Quest]." 

I open the [Quest] tab and find a quest labeled [Seal Quest]. I press on it and the quest details flashed in front of my face on the transparent glowing screen. I decide to read it out loud. 

"Complete a hundred quests assigned by the system below or by the Adventurers Guild. No time limit. Quest difficulty: Easy." 

So it was a Sequence Quest. In order to complete the quest, I would have to complete a series of other, minor quests. Taking a look at the list of quests assigned by the system, I notice they are all relatively easy. Some of them required me to go gather herbs while others told me to head to certain places and talk to someone there. Some even told me to purchase new equipment. Every time I completed one subquest, I would be rewarded with items, experience, or money. Sounds pretty good. Scrolling through all the quests, the last quest at the bottom shocked me. I click on it to see the details. It was a Sequence Quest within a Sequence Quest! 

[The new identity] it was titled. I decided to read the details of it. 

[Register at Colosseum under another identity] was the first one that asked me to create an identity as mysterious as Silver Knight. 

[Enter the Colosseum and gain ten consecutive wins using the new identity]. Self-explanatory.     

 [Enter the Colosseum under your true identity and gain three consecutive wins using only a  [Lifestyle Magic] Skillset]. Yet again Self-explanatory but it baffled me that I could only use Lifestyle Magic.  

Lifestyle magic is the easiest to learn, one could learn all the spells in two weeks, but it is not really useful today as new technology has replaced the necessity for most Lifestyle magic. Lifestyle magic includes simple spells such as [Wash], [Dry], [Grease], [Ignite], [Glue], and [Lift]. So it the system telling me to use only these spells and win three consecutive battles? I guess so. 

Closing the screen, I tap Rishi on the shoulder to wake up. We were almost at our stop which was the Red Light District and knowing Rishi, it is almost impossible to wake him up. Realizing tapping was not going to wake the log up, I pick him up by the collar of his shirt and gave him a good slap which connected with his face pretty well leaving a nice red mark on his dark skin.  

"Ahh!" He yelped, "what was that for?"

Releasing him, the bus stopped in front of the Red Light District stop.  

"We're here," I said getting up from my seat. 

"Alright! Alright! I'm coming!" He yawned with a hint of irritation from being woken up.  

 "Want to get something to eat?" I asked as we got off the bus. 

"I better not be paying?" Rishi grumbled. 

"Hey! It's my treat. I'm from this area anyway." 

"Fine where? It's ten at night! What place is open?" 

"There's a food stall that sells pork buns and other steamed foods. I haven't seen the owner in a while but he's still there until one in the morning." I pointed to the right of the bus stop. 

"It's in the same direction as your parent's condo, right?" He asked. 

"Yeah," I gave him a cheeky grin, "come on. This is my welcoming to you for coming to Shorelock." 

"But, I'm just here for the residency -" 

"Oh, shut up!" 

I'm dead. Congrats on reaching Chapter 10!

 

3