62. System Design
5.5k 35 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiraori/D PoV:
 
Location: Control Room of the Spaceship
 
‘Looking at the endless stretches of space whizzing by makes you realize just how small you are, doesn’t it?’ I thought with my fingers clasped.
 
‘Heh, why are you trying to sound profound, boss? Don’t tell me you are suddenly experiencing an epiphany about the true nature of the universe like a cultivator, hehe,’ Magic In Charge did not leave an opportunity to make a snide remark.
 
‘Oi, all of you better shut up. Let me enjoy the moment…’ There was no more room for conflict after my declaration.  Seriously, these parallel minds can be annoying sometimes. Do they really have to give cheap commentary on every action I take?
 
Anyway, we have been moving about with nothing remarkable in sight for about a couple of hours now. While it was enjoyable initially, the novelty of it all has worn off. It’s being excited over a brand new toy and losing interest after playing with it for a while.
 
It just makes me realise that manipulating space is the best way indeed. Well, if the circumstances of my reincarnation were different and I was born in a 100% sci-fi setting, maybe I would have thought differently. 
 
But at least for now, magic is the way to go for me personally. And since we are on the topic of magic, I ended up thinking about another super complicated conjuring construct that ‘D’ is directly tied with. Yes, that’s right. I am talking about the [W System].
 
The System itself was a planetary scale Conjuring construct designed by D to restore the MA Energy of the planet. It served as the governing force behind the skills, titles, stats, and abilities of both inhabitants and monsters, enabling residents to utilize magic in a facilitated manner. Or simply a learning assistance tool.
 
It was the result of Güliedistodiez attempt to save the world by getting help from D. D obliged and had the ability to instantly restore the planet into balance. 
 
But for her amusement and entertainment, she choose to set up a roundabout way to delay the destruction and possibly fixed the planet in the long time by trapping the native inhabitants in an endless cycle of reincarnations and battles. A cage that manipulated the resident’s reincarnation cycles.
 
This cycle of death would gradually heal the planet but also forced its residents to fight continuously for its survival. In their world, magic would have been impossible for humans to use. The system essentially enables them use magecraft in an assisted form.
 
Why would I think of this right now? Since I had decided to act out the role of ‘D’ perfectly, I started thinking about all the aspects related to her. 
 
More importantly, thinking about the [W System] reminded me of one of the requirements for me becoming a cosmic entity which read: [Creat% a $ystem (Requirement: Should span the entire multiverse)].
 
Hmm, is this really just a coincidence? I hadn’t taken that requirement list seriously but here I am now, seriously considering one of its requirements. Anyway, there’s no point mulling over it. It’s not even certain if I will actually create a system.
 
Much less having it span the entire multiverse. That’s just insane. I don’t have the necessary understanding required to even recreate the planetary scale one that D had conjured. 
 
I do have ungodly amounts of energy reserves now as every planetary body across time is just potential fuel for me. But this does not mean that I can actually manipulate such a huge reserve of energy. Believe me, I already tried to test the maximum limits possible. 
 
While that’s work in progress, I believe that I can slowly increase my upper limit of energy that can be manipulated with practice. And the use of lots of clones, of course. 
 
If I do try to create a system now, the maximum scale it can extend to is about equivalent to the Olmec settlement if I had to put an estimate. That’s if I can work the technicalities of it all out.
 
Besides, is it really necessary to make the system exactly the same as the original? If not what changes should I make? Heck, is it even necessary at all and if yes, what benefit can I get out of it? 
 
If I do create the system and it only spanned the Olmec settlement, I won’t need to have any of its negative aspects that D had incorporated in order to satisfy her sadistic tendencies.

To them, I am the benevolent Spider Goddess and not a sadistic evil god. But I guess they probably won't know its finer workings.
 
How will the ‘evolution’ aspect of the system as well as stuff like titles work? Would I have to create monster races for this or just remove this concept entirely? Haa, determining the best way forward is difficult.
 
Well, there are a few positives I can think of to this whole idea. One being that, since I have decided to use the Olmec settlement as test for combination of magic and science, the system can fit right in as well. 
 
I won’t even have to ‘teach’ any magic to them in this manner. The system can automatically cover this role as it is a learning assistance tool. Not only that, it can be used to monitor all aspects of culture and society.
 
There is no Angel Sariel here to form the core of the system and govern it. A substitute would be necessary. Just based on energy requirements, the celestial corpse would be more than enough. 
 
By this point, the celestial corpse is becoming a sort of multipurpose object if taken in combination with my previous ideas. But just the corpse won’t be an appropriate replacement for Sariel. There also won’t be any ‘Divine Voice’ as Kumoko called it.
 
Of course, if I do manage to create the system, I will be the highest [Administrator]. The Floor Guardians would take other spots. And although I doubt it, if someone else I could put an equivalent amount of trust in showed up in the future, they could take a spot as well.
 
Oh and since we are on the topic, maybe I can make another variation of something similar to the original system but still different. This one would be primed for use while under the guise of my ‘D’ persona. What I’m thinking is along the lines of a sub-system concept.
 
Since, I want to spread influence across time and brainwash/control people by offering knowledge like an ‘evil god’, why don’t I let the system do the work. 
 
The system they would gain would give me control over their minds and their souls while empowering them at the same time. 
 
It can act as a conduit for them to channel my energies as well, except this energy would be instilled in them in the form of corrupting skills and abilities. The system would convert pure energy into the ‘desired’ new form.
 
My clones and resurrection eggs will act as antenna that will guide MA energy into different timelines while the system acted as the receiver. A personal ‘phone’ my brainwashed evil minions used to ‘download’ information obtained directly from me.
 
This way I can totally control them and their souls as well while extracting any information I want from them. Hmm, I actually like this idea. But again there’s still a lot to consider and many flaws to address for this to work. 
 
Regardless, I’ll test this out. At least D’s sub-system idea I just thought off. The greater technical difficulty in enacting this resided in actually being able to send my energy to different timelines rather than the system itself in contrast to the ‘main system’.
 
As for the titles, abilities,  changes to be made and other stuff like that, they can be worked out after the hard part is over. 
 
‘Let’s head over to Nazarick for a quick break,’ I told Cocytus and Vampy. I’ll just head back for a couple of hours before popping back into this spaceship. I really lucked out by mastering spatial magic, huh?
 
With a flick of my sleeves we were already within the halls of my home, in the office. For a brief moment I got nostalgic and thought of my temporary ‘places of residence’ made of webs back in the labyrinth before I threw it out.
 
Even I had moments like this sometimes. 
 
“Welcome back, Lady White. Do you wish to rest or eat something? Or maybe…” Albedo spoke in glee upon seeing me appear in front of her.
 
‘Eh, I guess I’ll eat something before taking a bath,’ I replied. Falling asleep in the majestic spa resort felt great. Not that I needed sleep. 
 
By the way, I did say that Albedo can join me the next time I go for a bath. Oh, might as well call Aura and Vampy since we are going anyway. I’m sure Albedo won’t mind too much other than being slightly jealous, if at all. Not that I care. Too bad Shalltear isn’t here or she could have joined as well.  
 
“I’ll go get food for you immediately, master,” and Vampy immediately ran off to the kitchens. Cocytus also left to inspect his floor.
 
My shoulders feel a little stiff after that workout. I know that’s just my imagination as my regenerative abilities as a god are off the roof. Moreover, I wasn’t even injured in the slightest. 
 
My mind’s playing tricks because I actually fought for a while albeit it was a one side defeat on my enemies part.
 
“If you are feeling uncomfortable, do you wish to receive a massage to relax?” Albedo offered after seemingly noticing my stiff shoulders with an unnaturally wide smile. I guess I might as well. 
 
‘Go ahead. But only until Sophia returns,’ With that I closed my eyes and laid my head down on the table. 
 
“Of course. Leave it to me!” I heard Albedo’s voice as I felt her hands on my shoulders.
 
“Hmm. Aah…!” I involuntarily let out a voice as Albedo's skilled hands worked their magic, expertly massaging my shoulders. Was she inputted with this sort of skill by Tabula or are all NPC’s this skilled in giving massages.
 
The occasional hum of approval escaped my lips as Albedo's fingers expertly worked their way through imaginatively tense muscles. The faint rustle of fabric accompanying each movement was the only other sound.
 
"How does this feel, Lady White?" She asked. I could vaguely hear her breathing heavily. 
 
“Aah!…haa, it feels pretty good” I ended up actually speaking the sentence. Her massage must really have been of a high calibre if it could make me speak.
 
“I am glad if that is the case. This massage utilizes one of my racial skills to work efficiently, after all. I will continue then,” She spoke. 
 
Is that so? Well if that’s the case then I won’t be surprised. Many racial skills can do wonders.
 
*Thud* The sound of the door opening brought my attention back to the office as I saw Sophia standing there with a stiff face while holding a platter of food in her hands. Her arrival also signalled Albedo to stop as Vampy seemed to glare daggers at her. 
 
“Here you are, master. Enjoy your meal…,” Vampy said placing the tray in front of me. Or more like forced out the words while gritting her teeth before continuing her face off with Albedo who wore a smug smile. 
 
‘Don’t mind if I do. Oh, can you also go and call Aura here. Both of you can also join me and Albedo at the spa later’
 
“…Of course! I’ll go immediately,” Her frustration seemed to have vanished upon hearing my words as she rushed out the office once more.
 
‘Sorry I invited them without asking you first, Albedo,’ I provided her with a token gesture in the form of an apology.
 
“O-oh, I don’t mind, Lady White. The more the merrier,” It seemed that Vampy’s frustration had transferred to her as she replied while gritting her teeth.

I'll just eat and then sleep in the spa after turning my senses off for a while. Then I can speak with Demiurge and Albedo regarding my plans and review the magical knowledge that Pandora probably sent back.

After a few hours we'll be back floating about in space. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. 

***   
You are free to provide suggestions on the workings of the system, if you have any. Just try to align any suggestions you have with the general points discussed in this chapter. I will choose to include them into the system design if I like them, as always. Hope you enjoyed reading!~

102