55. Infinite Horizons
3.5k 13 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiraori PoV:
 
Location: Nazarick’s Surface
 
‘I assume that preparations are complete. Let’s depart!’ I conveyed to Cocytus and Sophia who were standing behind me as we stood in the 200 metre wide area covered with statues of gods and angels. 
 
“Yes, master. We can leave whenever you wish.” Vampy spoke up. Cocytus just silently agreed with this notion.
 
I then turned towards Albedo who was also standing to the side, smiling as usual and spoke to her:
 
‘Pandora’s Actor will be sending information about Kamar-Taj’s magic soon. Store that information in the library. You can hand it over to Titus and I will have a look over it when I’m in Nazarick. Also, keep contact with Shalltear to ensure she does not mess up.’
 
“As you wish, my lady.” Albedo replied.
 
Pandora’s Actor had already notified me that he could send the knowledge of mystic arts that he stole within today or tomorrow. He had also notified me of his progress in infiltrating Kamar-Taj.
 
Apparently, he had reached a decently high position in Kamar-Taj using the name Gandalf as his cover. I almost laughed out when I heard about that. Did I leave copies of the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy lying in the library and Pandora chanced upon them?
 
Pretty sure I did not. Maybe he heard me talking about it somewhere and somehow decided that Gandalf was a real legendary wizard? Considering the NPC’s disposition that seems very possible.
 
‘Since a Supreme Being spoke of this Gandalf, he must be great’, it might have been a thought process similar to this. Anyway, the infiltration going well meant that I would get my hands on some sweet new magic soon.
 
As I had previously mentioned to the NPCs, playing around with magic is one of my life’s joys now. I had been surprised when Pandora’s Actor was somehow able to design a technique siphon my magic, but with a little investigation I understood what was going on.
 
This was later confirmed by the message from Pandora’s Actor. Using me as a substitute source of power instead of the Vishanti? The idea was not bad at all. Great even. This would reduce risk obviously but opened up more prospects.
 
I can use this to make my act as an evil god more immaculate. Corrupting minions by supplying them power and knowledge? Hell yeah, that’s something evil god like. 
 
I can then slowly extend my influence by gaining control of the mind and soul, obtain knowledge I did not know of or brainwash targets in distant lands. The possibilities are limitless if handled well. 
 
I don’t really have to worry about running out of mana or MA energy. If the planet runs dry I can use another one. Heck, I even had every planet across time at my disposal using the tempad.
 
 If I get the celestials corpse successfully, we can use that as an energy source as well. We can drag every dead celestials corpse using the tempad and drain them of their energy as well. Well, that’s thinking far ahead but a viable idea nonetheless.
 
Such acts would be a necessary step in solidifying my 2nd identity as the ‘Evil God D’. If someone investigated, they would come to the conclusion an evil god did it.
 
Who would do this was not very important in the grand scheme of things. This multiverse was crawling with evil entities who played such tricks on a daily basis. For someone investigating this, it would not be a surprising fact.
 
Such a person would have come across crazy cultists worshipping demons or evil gods multiple times already. The only difference would be that the choice of worship would be a previously unknown evil god, that is, me.
 
Even better if I can spread my influence across time in a similar manner. For instance, being able to spread my influence over to Agatha sitting in a different timeline. If I am able to achieve something like that, it would truly be a leap in what I can accomplish from now on.
 
Thinking of this, I had started experimenting with the spare technology that Mobius left behind to crack the mysteries of time. Obviously, I failed quickly and horribly. No matter how I tried, achieving my grand ideas still seem like a distant dream. For now, at least.
 
Maybe if I get the time stone I might get better ideas. I should ask Mobius to hand over some of those paper weights in the TVA to me. They might be useless rocks in this universe, but I might be able to make something out of them. 
 
If not I’ll hand them over to Demi-kun as a ‘test’ of his knowledge. It works well either way for me. 
 
The reason I failed horribly was not entirely my fault this time. It’s due to stupid Silky-chan playing around with the tempad that I was messing around with. The spider baby had to drag a few other spider babies into trouble as well. 
 
Those babies got dragged off to who knows where taking along the faulty tempad with them. They might be causing all sorts of chaos elsewhere as we speak and I will have to be responsible and go clean up the mess they will create or it will bite me in the ass.
 
Haa, where did I go wrong with these brats? I should gather all the spider babies together for a training session and teach them about responsibility so that they can become more dependable like me. 
 
I have enough headaches already as it is and can’t be bothered to look into this matter this very second and so I did the only sensible thing that should be done. Delegate it to the NPCs. Let the smart kids figure out how to deal with this mess before it truly does cause problems, so that I can focus on the more important issues.
 
Again, I lament the failure of my experiment. Otherwise, I could just scour over the timelines to look for these brats drag them back. 
 
Hmm, wait. Maybe I can use this to my advantage. Since the spider babies are my clones so to speak, they are directly connected to me. Is it possible to use them in a similar fashion to a ‘lightning rod’ or ‘radio transceiver’ to achieve a form of pseudo influence?
 
I have already successfully experimented with the time-displaced resurrection eggs. Maybe I can try to extend their function further and have them or the spider babies themselves act as antenna’s spread across time? 
 
In time, I might truly be able to act out being an evil god like I had imagined if this worked successfully. At the very least, I might be able to use this idea until I truly become powerful enough to achieve this sort of influence on my own.
 
Of course, this required lots of experimentation to be carried out successfully. For now, it was just a fantasy drawn out on the paper that is my mind. I’ll work on it in my breaktimes when I will return to Nazarick as I had promised Albedo.
 
Let the will of ‘D’ spread across the multiverse! Muhahahahaha…. ahem, I almost let my inner chunni loose for that brief moment. But while I was cackling like a maniac on the inside, my expression had not changed at all. 
 
‘Let’s go’ I typed and then dragged Vampy and Cocytus with me out of my pocket dimension. 
 
Truthfully speaking, exploring space was rather suicidal in some ways. It would be easier to run into trouble out there compared to Earth until we reached the modern era. But I would be more insane to not explore my own backyard before causing mayhem in other timelines.
 
Well, I had already caused lots of chaos. Regardless, ‘caution is necessary in this expedition’ is how I had phrased it to the NPCs, in an attempt to give my exposition a more epic vibe. Haa, Momonga would be proud.
 
Other than spreading my mini clones across the universe as my surveillance cameras, there were no rather grand plans when it came to this trip. This was the primary objective along with safety.
 
Of course, if we were able to have some positive gains along the way that would obviously be welcome as well. A peaceful journey awaited us as we dived into the sea of stars. I was sure of it.

147