Chapter 111 “The Ambush.” Part 2.
29 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 111

“The Ambush.” Part 2.

“Time to steal experience and assign points," she mumbled with a smile. Then she decapitated the rest of the wolves, leaving only two others for the boys to kill.

[You’ve gained 3,000 experience points!] x5

[You have gained 2.000 experience points!] x5

[You have gained 900 experience points!] x2

[You have leveled up to level 26!]

Needing some time and space to be able to allocate the points, she took advantage of the fact that the soldiers were still fighting the monsters, took out her arc, and jumped up to the roof of the carriage she had ridden in and where the rest of the heroes were still seated.

“Status window!” she whispered.

And two windows, one blue and one violet, appeared to her left.

[Status window]

Name: Kalysto Luna

Age: 21 years old

Race: ---

Level: 26

Fatigue: 22

Class: Saint (Heroic)

Professions: Enchantments

Title: Champion of the fairies (?????? from ?????) (?????? of the ??????)

Affiliation: Kingdom of Bahram

HP: 1120/2760

MP: 800/2714

DMP: 2800

Strength: 66+50

Vitality: 71+80

Agility: 75

Stamina: 73 +110

Intelligence: 79 +100

Charisma: 10

Luck: 10

???: 50

Status: expectant.

Available points: 45]

But her hopes of stealing a few seconds to allocate points while the guards and other mages fought died as she saw the situation from above.

Everything looked much worse than she had thought it would.

The knights were struggling to keep the monsters away from the carriages while forming a barrier with their bodies as they tried to keep the enemy from passing between them fighting members.

And although the mages and knights defending the first carriages were doing a very good job, the trouble started from the third. The left side, where Milo commanded the court mages, was doing better.

The right was a completely different story.

Kalysto pulled a couple of the arrows she had conjured from the quiver given to her by the elves and shot them into the eyes of the monsters near the mages, giving them a little breather while they finished conjuring their spells and she disguised that she was recharging her mana.

Why do their spells take so long to activate? She was curious. Could it be that they don’t have a system?

Any second of doubt she felt died the instant she saw three Cyclops running towards the mages, who were still conjuring their spells, while only two knights protected them.

As soon as they fall, the boys will be his next target! She worried.

The first of the guards was thrown away thanks to a swipe from one of the Cyclops. The one that was left raised his sword and let out a war cry before he launched himself at the enemy with courage.

“Perfect shot! Multiple targets! Ice stakes! Telekinesis! Duplication! Duplication! Duplication!” Six stakes were thrown against the eyes of the three Cyclops who were attacking the court mages in front of the carriage in which they had traveled, and the other three against their thick necks.

If I could duplicate more than one object at the same time, it would be perfect! She grumbled.

The court mages finally began their attack, allowing her to have a second to concentrate on her goal.

What if I raise my luck? She thought, looking at her status window. Vitality, stamina and agility are needed. After seeing how slow the court mages were at casting spells, she decided that continuing to raise her agility must be giving her more advantages than she had realized. The question is how to split the points between strength and luck.

She bit her lip as she looked at her boots on the roof of the carriage.

I’ll definitely need a lot of luck to get the guys out of here alive, but mostly I’ll need it to find Alice and the spell to get us back or to convince the boss to help me with that. And as she allocated 10 points to vitality, 5 to strength, another 10 to agility and stamina, a huge flare of fire shot out to her right as Rita defended that side of the carriage against the monsters.

A thin smile broke out on Kalysto’s face. Soon they would no longer need me.

The clanging of swords and the shouts of soldiers grew louder, so she stopped assigning points. And as her skills cooled, Kalysto turned to the left side of the carriage, where a small group of soldiers were fighting a group of orcs.

They’re not going to be able to take them all on. She realized as she stood near the edge of the roof.

“Take the wounded to the rear! Let the healers or the saint heal them!” shouted one of Balsac’s knights, as two others carried a wounded man to the last carriage.

“Multiple targets! Perfect shot! Ice daggers! Telekinesis! Duplication! Duplication! Duplication!” Kalysto conjured, attacking the right eyes of the six orcs they were fighting.

“Thank you!” -Shouted the knight who had been giving orders, as he continued to fight the monsters, taking advantage of the advantage she had just given them.

At least someone knows how to say thank you. She was surprised.

Kalysto just nodded by way of reply as she reminded herself to keep up appearances. Then she pulled out her arc, duplicated the arrow she still had with penetration stats several times, saving the original back in her inventory, and launched the other twelve at the orcs’ left eyes, two arrows for each eye.

And as she turned around to watch the mages finish burning the three Cyclops, Rita’s shout made her forget about the notification windows announcing their deaths.

“Kalysto, help!” shouted the young woman.

[You have gained 1200 experience points!] x3

Kalysto turned around, looking at the three-meter tall Sajhun whose right arm was coated with the thick black liquid that spread the plague.

[You’ve gained 800 experience points!]

“Shit!” Her face lost all color at the sight of the liquid falling from the sajhun arm. Both for fear of getting infected herself, and for the possibility that one of the boys would catch it and the temple saintess who came with them wouldn’t be able to cure them. “Perfect shot! Multiple targets! Ice spear! Telekinesis! Duplication! Duplication! Duplication!” She shouted, infusing almost all of her mana into strengthening the spear as much as she could before duplicating it and launching it at the two mouths, neck, and abdomen of the strong creature as she ran to the edge of the carriage roof.

[Warning! The user has less than 10 MP left. Please wait a few minutes before attempting to use any skills again or your health will be severely affected.]

Kalysto immediately pulled a mana stone from her inventory.

Absorb!

[Does the user wish to absorb this mana crystal?]

[YES/NO]

Yes! she thought.

[Congratulations! The user has acquired 4000 MP!]

[You have gained 800 experience points!]

“Get away from that one! It’s mine!” She announced as she leapt down from the carriage roof, hoping that Koden and Rita would believe it was about her quest for points, and not the possibility that they would be contaminated by the black plague, or acquire the crystal that the Sajhun might have against his back.

Allocate 10 points to luck. Kalysto thought as she ran towards the Sajhun at the same time as it raised its thick arms and threw away with one swipe the knight that was closest to it and then tried to crush another one that barely managed to escape.

[Are you sure you want to allocate the remaining 10 points to the luck stat?]

[YES/NO]

Yes! she thought.

“Multiple targets! Ice arrows! Perfect shot! Telekinesis! Duplication! Duplication! Duplication!” she conjured as she ran, dodging other monsters as she charged into the enemy ranks and shot the arrows into the eyes of both of the Sajhun’s heads. “Everyone move away!” Her voice rang out loudly as she approached her prey, who was groaning and clumsily trying to remove the objects that affected his eyes. “Ice daggers! Ice manipulation!” Kalysto did not hesitate to jump against her enemy and bury her daggers in the thighs of the Sajhun, who lost his balance while moaning from the pain.

A cloud of dust rose as soon as he fell and the surrounding monsters jumped against Kalysto and the fallen body of the other monster.

“Kalysto, no!" Rita screamed in despair, terrified at the thought of losing her new friend after she had asked for her help. Guilt and fear gripped her as she watched from afar as more than twenty monsters hurled themselves at the ice mage. And though she tried to run and join the fray, Koden stopped her. Hugging her from behind by the waist.

“Don’t go there!” insisted the tank.

“But...!”

“She’s not stupid enough to jump in there without a plan.”

A couple of meters away, almost at the same time as the other two heroes were arguing, the former waitress carried out her plan.

“Dispel Ezhil! Mana manipulation! Ezhil purification! Tundra!” Whispered Kalysto, and at the same time that the golden light of her abilities spread across the ground as she struggled to control it from spreading too far so that it would not be visible from too far away, a sea of ice spread five meters around, freezing everything in its path, except for herself.


Do you want more?

You can read 38 chapters ahead for $10 here!   

Read 20 chapters ahead for $5. 

And 10 chapters ahead for $3. 

https://www.patreon.com/ArawnDragon

Thanks for your support!

If you like this story please follow it, leave me a review (if it's an advanced review the better), and add it to your favorites. That way I can attract more readers :) Thanks!

See you later!

3