Chapter 221 – Starlight Kind
605 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
New month again, and just incase you're wondering, no, I don't do April fools posts. Anyway, my Patreon is chugging along, though I need to put more time towards writing. It has stuff for everyone over there including if you just want to take a peak (Chapters 222 and 223 are available for free). Besides that chapters 378 and 379 will be up by the end of the day (call back to that whole "more time towards writing" thing).

Jason activates the silence shell and the trio are encapsulated by the bubble. “There we go, a little privacy. Now first to pray!” And he puts his hands together and raises his head, “Hey Starlight, going to attempt to say your real name a little. Sorry if this bothers you. Once again, thank you for the help you gave me!”

Courtney slow blinks at him, “And you think she is going to hear such an informal prayer?”

Jason shrugs, “I have faith in her!” And he laughs at his own joke before shaking his head. “Even if she doesn’t get the message right away as long as I get close with her name, I am sure she will pick it up. Anyway, time to try saying her name the right way.”

Of course Jason has no illusions that he actually will succeed, but he has an inkling on how to start. From his core he draws out a bundle of Energy threads and feeds them into his throat. Then intones her name, “[Starlight], Hmm, not right there. Close, but more like a System call than what it should be. Need more than just my Energy. Okay, maybe if I, yeah that might work!”

Jason drives his mind into the structure of his throat and saturates where his voice box would have been. “[Starlight]” Another failure, but he felt the threads of Energy slightly move on their own. ‘Hmm, how do I talk anyway?’

To test it out Jason focuses entirely on his throat and repeats the word “Testing” a few times. ‘Okay, the air passes through this area when I speak and it imposes the vibrations on it. A little odd, but I guess that is what I get for giving up on a normal body. Though it might also help with my attempts. Lets try using my Energy to pass on the vibrations instead.’ “[Starlight]()”

With that everyone can feel something has changed. Something is on the edge of their awareness. Jason shakes his head and moves more bundles of Energy thread towards his throat before trying again. “[Starlight](Kind)”

Jason sighs, “Well, that’s as much as I can do for the moment. My cultivation isn’t high enough to do any more.”

Courtney grabs his shoulders, “What was that? All you said was Starlight, but as clear as day I could hear something more, a deeper meaning to it. How did you do that?”

Rosha nods, “If you can, of course. That was, that was beyond normal. I can understand why it would make you doubt the claims. Courtney might not have noticed, but what you said wasn’t said. I fully expected you to have something odd going on. That takes the cake, though. You didn’t technically speak mind to mind with us or anything. However, at the same time as you said her name, my mind automatically filled in some of what was meant to be said.”

Jason shrugs, “I don’t think anyone else could do that. There are a few unique aspects to both my body and my Energy that others simply could not replicate. Also, I don’t think the name can be said without Energy, so that’s a thing.”

Rosha frowns, “I thought the gods would generally be just placed on one side or the other. After all, Energy doesn’t even have enough users to support a god from what I can tell. Be much more useful for one to be either Qi or Mana users.”

Courtney shakes her head, “I know this one. Gods are actually all Energy users. No one knows why, but even the literal god of magic spells doesn’t have a lick of Mana on them. He still manages to cast spells.”

Jason smiles, “That actually supports my theory. Did I tell you guys what I had thought up? Anyway, just in case I didn’t, my idea is that Energy wasn’t supposed to still exist. My guess is that the developers originally just wanted the classic Mana versus Qi thing going on. You can see this with how quickly it turns to one side or the other.”

“Energy was supposed to be the devs version of a god particle. For them it was likely a handy tool they could just use no matter the circumstances. Then once done, they can store it away. Something went wrong though. Instead of being just a primal power that they can later throw in the bin, it became more. Energy spread through the world.”

“With the new knowledge that gods use Energy, they are the likely vectors for this. The devs must have given them Energy because they are supposed to create miracles. Harder if you are being limited to just Qi or Mana. After all, how would a war god raise a monument to his victory with just Qi. Sure they can do things manually, but what god does backbreaking labor? So they opened the door and Energy wasn’t being shy.”

Courtney shrugs, “Not the craziest theory I’ve heard.”

Jason sighs, “We likely won’t ever know the actual answer. This would have happened thousands of years ago by NeoRealms count and not much can survive that long. Though an alternate take on my part is there could be a Prometheus type figure. Someone who stole the flame of Energy and brought it to us mortals. Interesting, yes, but not on the level of figuring out my body.”

Courtney shrugs, “Probably just from the giant dragon veins deep underground. After all, the Energy in those giant power pathways doesn’t just stay there nice and obediently. So because of those veins, there is always some Energy in the air all over NeoRealm. Sure, there are some places that it doesn’t go, but those tend to be relic sites anyway.”

Rosha frowns, “Well, those were two very different experiences. Now the question is do we need to talk about anything else privately? Rarely do we get to be alone in the middle of nowhere with a magic silencing device.”

Thank you for reading! Next two chapters are free on my Patreon ( 222 and 223 ), five chapters beyond that for only a dollar, and many more for five dollars (two chapters release a week at this tier).

28