Chapter 136 – The Six Skills
993 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo, I haven't really asked for people to review here but I just my second one and it was a totally valid 2 star. What that person didn't like about my story is completely a thing. However, while I feel that it is totally fine for him to not like it, it isn't all negative things and there is also a lot in my novel that is quite good. If you have enjoyed the story so far and have a few minutes, how about throwing a review my way (I don't really care how many stars, just more reviews would be nice)? Oh and in other news I now have chapters scheduled out into 2022. That means not matter what happens with the nonsense in the world you will be able to continue reading this story through the rest of 2020 and through all of 2021.

War Stomp

A classic powered kick attack. Despite the tendency for it to be use Qi the skill can be used with any type of resource pool. The different power sources will cause different effects to happen and so the possibilities of this skill are technically unlimited.

Rarity: Common

Type: Powered Attack

Tystufus’ Energy Darts

While not a rare type of skill this version of a manifested weapon has been specialized. Its original creator, Tystufus, spent over a decade to take a run-of-the-mill Mana dagger skill and turn it into an Energy based throwing dart. However in consideration of future users, the weapon templates available has been extended to include many types of small throwing weapons. This includes throwing daggers, needles, throwing axes, and similar. The only real limit on what weapon it can form is the weapon needs a blade or point, be a single mass, and it can only form the weapon with a single point of Energy.

Rarity: Rare

Type: Energy Manifested Weapon

Body of Blades

This skill comes from a sword master taking the concept of being one with the blade too far. While this state refers to being able to use a sword as if it were a part of one’s body this skills unnamed creator felt differently. He took the concept of the finger blade and other similar skills but pushed it farther. The result was this skill. Instead of just a temporary replacement for when his sword was unavailable the creator turned his whole body into a blade. While successful in the development of this skill the creator died soon after as brawling is quite different from their original sword style and so their attempt to cut enemies with their fists was less than successful. This skill is prized by martial artists as many have found the ability to cut without a blade quite helpful. This skill is particularly popular with any species that has natural weapons as it provides an extra bonus to their already dangerous bodies.

Rarity: Rare

Type: Body Buff

Elbow Piercer

Elbow strikes are already used as a piercing attack and this skill just takes it further. A person who specialized in elbow strikes made this skill after they learned over a hundred different elbow strike skills. This is not some perfect skill, however it does take the lesson that master learned from those other skills. The biggest benefit from this combination is that it allows an adaptable approach to your attack. So adaptable in fact, despite elbow being in the skill's name it can be used with knees or similar body parts just as easily.

Rarity: Exquisite Rare

Type: Powered Attack

Carl’s Double Bash

The one, two punch is a common concept and Carl took it a step further. He combined the classic combo into a single punch and extended that to any bashing attack. While the concept behind the skill is simple enough. Use your energy as a second hit. The actual implementation was tricky enough to hold back others from doing so before Carl. In fact, he didn’t figure out all the tricky nonsense either. Instead, Carl just trained his body enough that he could attack with his body first and then bring his Qi in as a second hit. Though it is important to note that while this sounds simple, there are some special details which have caused it to be one of the few skills like it in this world.

Rarity: Rare

Type: Powered Attack

Flying Kick

Not the classic jump kick but rather a confusingly named skill that involves extending the range of your kicks. While this skill does not allow you to kick people across the room, it gives you the range of a spear.

Rarity: Uncommon

Type: Powered Attack


These are the six skills Jason is met with when he wakes up for his watch. With how he cut down on the options the selection was just about what he expected. Not too boring but any unique skills at this level of power would be kept and not sold. Jason can only shrug as he is doing about the same thing with his blast punch. The skill itself isn’t all that exciting. After he sells it is when the real fun starts with it. After all, why limit how he sends out his Energy to only his fists?

Though that limits what skills from the list he would want. For instance, Carl’s double bash is almost just like his blast punch except limited in another fashion. An easy skill to cross off the list. Elbow piercer is about the same as well, except instead of sending out energy it sets it in place. Though from the sounds of it the elbow piercer also includes lessons on how to use elbow strikes in various situations. For some that would be quite useful and is probably where the exquisite part of the rarity came from.

Flying kick on the other hand might be useful to Jason depending on how it actually works. This potential is soon proven wrong though when he pulls up a clip of the move being used. If it had been an attack that projected out a burst of energy that would have been convenient. Not even for the skill itself but rather as a guide for how to send out his energy at range. Instead, the kick is has more to do with tricky movements and over extending on the kick.

Half of the skills gone but that leaves a much harder choice. Each of the remaining skills does something different that even if the actual skill isn’t useful would help him later on. The darts skill does what he had hoped the flying kick might though a little more disconnected than he wanted. Body of blades was a lesson on how to change his energy into different concepts. Last but not least, the common skill, war stomp. The shortest description but in his eyes it has the most potential.

Thank you for reading! Next two chapters free on my Patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/dragonheartednovels ), five chapters beyond that for only a dollar, and many more for five dollars (two chapters release a week at this tier).

35