Ch: 18 [Regrets and Happiness] [pt1]
999 7 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We stood there in the hallway, wrapped in each other's embrace. The world around us seemed to fade away, leaving only the warmth of our bodies and the steady rhythm of our heartbeats. It was a moment of reunion, a moment that held within it the weight of years of separation and longing.

Sarah finally pulled back slightly, her tear-streaked face looking up at me. "You have no idea how many nights I spent wishing that you were here, wishing that I could see you again... Wishing that I could touch you, hold you, feel your arms around me..."

She paused, reaching up to run her fingers along my cheek. "But this isn't just a dream, is it?"

I shook my head, my expression turning to one of sorrow. "No, Sarah. I'm afraid not."

"So it worked. The wishing card... It worked," Sarah said, her voice trembling with emotion.

I nodded, my fingers gently wiping away the tears that lingered on her cheeks. "Yes, it worked. And I'm here now, with you."

She let out a mixture of a laugh and a sob, her emotions spilling over in a way that was both heartbreaking and beautiful. "You have no idea how much I missed you, how much I wished for this moment."

"Believe me, I do," I whispered, my voice filled with sincerity. "I missed you too, Sarah. More than words can express."

I wanted to tell her the truth that I had no memories of her in my other life, but I just couldn't...

She looked at me with a mix of wonder and disbelief, as if trying to take in the reality of my presence. "You look just like how I last saw you... You haven't changed a bit."

"And you look old. I can probably find a grey hair or two on your head," I teased, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Sarah playfully smacked me on the shoulder, but the smile on her face told me that she didn't mind my playful joke, "I will hit you harder next time. I am just 25, you know? A young and beautiful woman who is very much in love with you."

"A young and beautiful woman who is very much in love with me," I echoed, feeling the same love for her burning in my heart. I leaned down and kissed her lips, the warmth and softness of them making me feel like I was home.

As our kiss lingered, I felt Sarah's body melt into mine, as if she wanted to be as close to me as possible. I pulled her even closer, wanting to feel every inch of her against me. It felt like we were the only two people in the world, and nothing else mattered except the connection between us.

When we finally broke apart, Sarah was breathless, her eyes shining with love and happiness.

"Wow! That felt nice," She said, her voice full of wonder.

"Yes, it did," I said, my fingers tracing her jawline.

After a moment of silence, she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the living room. She sat before me.

"I... Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Anything," I said.

"Back when I was waiting for you, I wished every day for you to come back. But now that you're here, I can't help but wonder... What happens after death? I... Did I hurt you by bringing you back to me? I know I am a selfish and foolish girl. Please tell me the truth, Travis. Did my wish to see you hurt other people?" Sarah's eyes were filled with curiosity and a hint of concern.

I looked into Sarah's eyes, her curiosity and concern evident in her gaze. Her question was heavy with the weight of ethical and philosophical considerations. I took a deep breath, contemplating how to respond.

"Are you sure you want to know everything?" I asked.

If I want I can hide it from her, but I know that someday I have to go back to my previous world to finish the battle. I... I just... I will tell her everything, except for the fact that I didn't have any memories of her back then.

Sarah nodded, her expression serious. "I want to know, Travis. I want to understand the consequences of my actions."

I took a deep breath, my gaze steady as I began to explain. "When I died, I was reborn in a different world. An alternate version of this world. I started a new life there, with new experiences, new people, and new challenges."

I recounted to Sarah the story of my rebirth into an alternate world where people possessed unique abilities known as Quirks. I explained how I grew up there, facing different challenges and forming new relationships. I talked about my training to become a hero and my involvement in battles against powerful villains.

I also shared with her the complexities of this world, where heroes and villains clashed in a never-ending struggle, and how my abilities had grown beyond my imagination. I told her about the friends I made, the allies I fought alongside, and the enemies I confronted.

As I narrated my journey in this alternate reality, I watched the expressions on Sarah's face shift from curiosity to amazement. She listened intently as I described the battles, the victories, and the losses. I could see a mixture of emotions in her eyes, a blend of fascination, disbelief, and perhaps even a touch of envy for the experiences I had gained.

When I finally finished sharing my story, there was a moment of silence between us. Sarah's gaze was fixed on me, her mind seemingly processing the weight of what I had just revealed.

Finally, she spoke, her voice broken, "I... I am so sorry. I... I didn't know. Just because of my selfish with... Oh, God! What have I done?"

I placed a gentle hand on Sarah's shoulder, offering her comfort as she processed the information I had shared. Her emotions were raw, and I could see the turmoil within her.

"Sarah, don't blame yourself," I said softly, my voice filled with reassurance. "You didn't know what would happen, and your wish was made out of love and longing. None of this is your fault."

"No, you don't understand. They warned me of the consequences. I... I could have wished for your well-being and your happiness, but no. I just... I just wanted to see you again. I was too selfish to even consider the consequences. Because of me so many people... Your parents, friends, and everyone else who cared for you. Because of me, so many people had to experience grief and loss," Sarah's voice trembled, her words heavy with remorse.

She continued, "I brought you back without thinking about the impact on your world, on the people who loved you. I was only thinking about myself, about my own pain."

I could see the guilt and regret in her eyes, and my heart ached for her. She was blaming herself for something that was beyond her control, something that had unforeseen consequences.

"Sarah, you can't blame yourself for not knowing the consequences," I said firmly, my grip on her shoulder gentle but steady. "You wished out of love, out of the deep connection we shared. It's understandable that you wanted to see me again, to have a chance to be together. But life and reality are often more complex than we can anticipate."

She looked up at me, her eyes searching mine for some kind of absolution. "But... I can't ignore the fact that my actions affected your world, that I might have caused pain and suffering there."

[Ratings please]

-----[Amidst shadows, she saw the wrong,

        Selfish act, a siren's song.

        Regret bloomed, a dance of pain's embrace,

        Her mistake, his life's newfound grace.]----- [By- ME]

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon.

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 15 chapters ahead⭐

47