Ch: 19 [Happiness and regrets] [pt2]
1k 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a deep breath, my gaze unwavering. "Yes, it's true that my return did have an impact on my world. People who cared about me had to go through the pain of my loss all over again. But that's a consequence that no one could have predicted. Life is unpredictable, and our choices sometimes have far-reaching effects."

I leaned in closer, our eyes locked in a moment of shared understanding. "What matters now is that we make the most of the time we have together. We can't change the past, but we can shape the present and the future."

Sarah's shoulders sagged as she absorbed my words. The weight of guilt seemed to lessen slightly, replaced by a mixture of sadness and acceptance.

"If a wish card can grant anything then we have to find those messengers. That way I can ask for a wish to travel forth between two worlds," I explained.

Sarah's eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope at my suggestion. "You're right. If there are beings out there who can grant wishes, then finding them might be the key. We can use that opportunity to ask for something that can benefit both worlds, to balance out the unintended consequences."

I nodded in agreement. "Exactly. We can try to find a way to make things right, to somehow fix the impact of my return on both worlds."

"But where do we start?" Sarah's voice was filled with a mix of determination and uncertainty.

"We start by gathering information," I replied. "We need to learn more about these wish-granting beings, their nature, their motives, and their limitations. Once we have a clearer understanding, we can make a well-informed decision about how to proceed."

I continued, "Those beings... What if they granted others the same card?"

I paused for a moment, considering the implications of her question. The possibility that others might have access to the same wish-granting card added another layer of complexity to the situation. If multiple people were making wishes that had unintended consequences, it could potentially lead to further disruptions in the balance of the worlds.

"Wait! They told me they were after people with pure desires," Sarah continued, her brow furrowing in thought. "They said that they were seeking individuals whose intentions were driven by genuine emotions, by love or longing. Maybe that's why they chose me, why they granted my wish."

"That's an interesting piece of information," I said, my mind racing with the implications of her words. "If they're indeed drawn to pure desires, then what if they gave a card to a lunatic or a serial killer or a rapist?"

Her face grew serious as she considered the implications. "Since they're attracted to pure desires, then they might have a certain criteria for granting wishes. But what if those criteria are subjective? What if someone with good intentions unintentionally causes harm?"

I nodded, my thoughts aligning with hers. "Exactly. The intentions behind a wish might be pure from the perspective of the person making the wish, but the consequences can still be far-reaching and unpredictable. It's a complex ethical dilemma."

Sarah's brow furrowed as she spoke, her concern evident in her voice. "And what about the balance between the two worlds? If they're granting wishes that affect both places, it's possible that they're disturbing the equilibrium. Maybe that's why they're so selective, looking for individuals whose desires align with some unknown cosmic balance."

Wait! If what she says is true then could it be that those fucking wish givers gave a villain a wish card. And that bastard wished for my death or wished to send me away from that reality?

If I take my theory into consideration then those messengers don't have any power over life and death. They just find others with desires and manipulate them to use a wish card, just like how they used Sarah to bring me into this reality. That way they feed on their desires and fulfill both party's wishes together.

Fuck! This is so messed up.

----

[Meanwhile] [Outskirt of Gotham City] [3rd person POV]

LexCorp bought the entire land and the surrounding areas within a few hours.

As he stood on the outskirts of Gotham, Lex gazed at the land he now owned—a barren area of scorched earth where the mysterious ship had landed. There were no visible signs of the vessel now; it had vanished as mysteriously as it had appeared.

Lex's sharp eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for any clues that might hint at the ship's nature or origin. He was well aware that Gotham was a city of secrets and shadows, a breeding ground for the bizarre and the extraordinary.

His scientists arrived within a few hours with bizarre machines.

Lex Luthor watched as his team of scientists and engineers worked diligently to set up the advanced equipment they had brought with them. These machines were specifically designed to analyze and decipher any residual energy signatures or anomalies left behind by the mysterious ship.

The barren landscape around him was marked with scorch marks and anomalies that hinted at the immense energy released during the ship's arrival. Lex knew that whatever had landed here was not of this world, and he intended to uncover its secrets.

"Mr. Luthor, we're ready to begin the scans," one of the scientists reported.

Lex nodded, his eyes focused on the equipment as the scans were initiated. The machines hummed to life, emitting low-frequency pulses and other forms of energy as they began their intricate analysis.

As the scans progressed, Lex's mind raced with possibilities. If this technology could be understood and harnessed, it could provide him with unprecedented power and influence. His intellect and ambition were fueled by the allure of the unknown, and he was determined to unlock the secrets of the ship that had descended from the heavens.

Hours passed as the scientists meticulously gathered data from the scans. The information was relayed to Lex's personal computer systems, where he monitored the progress with unwavering focus. The screens displayed complex energy signatures, quantum fluctuations, and other phenomena that were beyond the comprehension of most individuals.

And then, a breakthrough.

One of the scientists called out, "Mr. Luthor, we've detected a residual energy pattern consistent with highly advanced propulsion systems. It appears that the ship employed a form of energy manipulation that is beyond our current scientific understanding."

Lex's eyes lit up with excitement. This was what he had been waiting for—the confirmation that the ship's technology was truly extraordinary. "Continue the analysis. I want a detailed report on the energy signatures and any potential applications we can derive from them."

He turned toward Mercy, "Try to match the readings with the Kryptonian ship and see if there are any similarities. And transfer those two witnesses to our special cell. I will interrogate them personally."

*****

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon.

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 15 chapters ahead⭐

42