Ch: 20 [Meeting parents] [pt1]
969 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How are my parents doing?" I asked.

Sarah looked at me with a mix of concern and sympathy. It was evident that my question struck a chord, reminding us both of the people who had been left behind in my original world—the parents who had mourned my loss.

"They've been trying to cope," Sarah replied gently. "It was difficult for them when you... when you passed away. But they're strong people, Travis. They've been supporting each other and finding ways to move forward."

A heavy weight settled in my chest as I absorbed her words. The thought of my parents grieving for me was a sorrow I hadn't expected to face again. Despite the new life I had built in the alternate world, the bond with my parents transcended reality. This makes me wonder how my mom from the other world is doing right now...

"I want to see them, Sarah," I said softly. "I need to see them."

Sarah's touch was comforting, her understanding gaze giving me a sense of solace. "Let's go then. I am sure they will be shocked to see you standing before them, again."

"Yeah, they will be really surprised if I go... But, I am afraid," I said, my voice tinged with hesitation. "They've been through the grief of losing me once. I don't want to bring back painful memories or disrupt their lives further. Moreover, will they accept me?"

Sarah flicked my forehead playfully, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. "You think too much, Travis. Parents' love doesn't change just because circumstances do. Trust me, they'll be overjoyed to see you."

I sighed, a mixture of emotions swirling within me. "I hope you're right. I just... I want to know how they've been, how they've coped all these years."

"We can visit them together," Sarah said, her voice gentle. "I'll be there with you, and we'll face whatever comes together."

I felt a surge of confidence thanks to her unwavering support. No more stupid thoughts is what I would like to say... But given my situation... Damn! I can't help it. But with her by my side...

"Okay, let's do this."

[Later] [Travis's Parents' House] 

Standing before my parents' house, I felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement. The house looked just as I remembered it—cozy and inviting, surrounded by a small garden that my mother had lovingly tended to.

My eyes fell on the tree I planted a few days before my death, a young sapling that had grown over the years into a sturdy oak tree.

[Wooof!] [Wooof!] A familiar sound reached my ears, and I turned to see our old dog, Max, standing near the door and barking at me.

Max's barks were a mix of excitement and confusion as he wagged his tail furiously. He recognized me, or at least my scent. I knelt down and extended my hand, allowing him to sniff and get accustomed to my presence.

"Hey, there, boy," I said softly, my voice a gentle reassurance. "You look as feisty as ever."

His tail wagged even faster, and he gave a joyful bark as he licked my hand. It was heartwarming to see that even after all these years, Max's memory of me hadn't faded entirely. He jumped over me and tried to lick my face, making me chuckle.

"Hahaha! Easy there," I ruffled his neck and hugged him. Despite the years that had passed, Max's enthusiasm remained unchanged.

"Who is it, Max?" A familiar voice came from inside.

[Wooof!] [Wooof!]

"Is someone at the door?" my mother's voice called out. The sound of her voice sent a jolt of anticipation through me, a mixture of emotions swirling within me.

Max barked even more excitedly and then ran towards the door, scratching at it with his paws as if he wanted to say, "Hurry up! Open the door!"

I stood up and took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. Sarah stood by my side, her hand gently resting on my arm in a gesture of support. She gave me an encouraging smile, and that small gesture gave me the strength to face what was about to come.

The door swung open, and there, framed in the doorway, stood my parents—my mother and father. They both froze, their eyes widening in disbelief and astonishment.

"Max, what's all this barking abou—" My mother's words trailed off as her gaze shifted from Max to me. The look on her face was a mixture of shock, disbelief, and then... a glimmer of hope.

Time seemed to slow as my mother's eyes locked onto mine. For a brief moment, the world around us faded into insignificance, and there was only the connection between us—a connection that transcended time and reality.

"Travis?" My mother's voice trembled, her hand moving to cover her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes. She took a step forward, as if not quite believing what she was seeing.

I managed a small smile, my voice choked with emotion. "Hey, Mom."

"No, no, no, no, no..." She shooked her head, "He died. No... You... What kind of sick joke are you playing with us? What's this? Plastic surgery? Why are you with him, Sarah?" She stepped back.

"What happened?" My dad stepped into the living room.

I took a deep breath, my heart pounding in my chest as I faced the mixture of shock, disbelief, and confusion on my parents' faces. It was a moment that I had both longed for and dreaded—a moment to finally reunite with them, yet a moment that held the weight of explaining the unexplainable.

"Dad, Mom," I said, my voice steady despite the turmoil within me. "I know this is hard to believe, but it's really me."

My mother's eyes were filled with tears, and her hands trembled as she looked at me, torn between hope and skepticism. "Travis, it can't be... You... How?"

I exchanged a glance with Sarah, who nodded in encouragement. She stepped forward, her presence providing a reassuring anchor in this surreal moment. "Mrs. and Mr. Evans, I know this is overwhelming, but I can assure you that this person before us is none other than Travis. Please, let me explain the situation. But before that, I think we should sit down..."

My parents exchanged bewildered glances.

"Let's hear their explanations before jumping to a conclusion," Dad said as his eyes went toward Max, "I have never seen him so excited in the past five years. Let's go inside."

"Max, is he really?" Mom bent on her knees and asked Max.

[Woooff!] [Wooofff!] He barked while wagging his tail, and going around my legs as usual.

Mom nodded and led us into the living room. Max followed us, wagging his tail as if sensing the emotional tension in the air.

As we all settled down, Sarah started explaining the situation...

Sarah began to explain the extraordinary circumstances that had led to my return, the existence of the wish-granting beings, and how her deep longing and love for me had driven her to make the wish that brought me back to this world.

My parents listened in rapt attention, their expressions shifting from skepticism to astonishment as Sarah recounted our journey and the complexities of the alternate world I had lived in. She described the battles, the challenges, and the friendships I had formed, all the while emphasizing that my return was not a deception or a joke, but a truly miraculous event.

Tears welled up in my mother's eyes as she absorbed the weight of Sarah's words. "You mean... you've been alive all this time? You've been living in another world, fighting battles and growing?"

<><><><>

[In her eyes, hope's ember did ignite,

As Sarah's words unveiled the hidden light.

A world beyond, a son reborn, she saw,

Tears of joy, a mother's love in awe.]

<><><><>

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon.

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

43