Ch: 43 [Titans]
424 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Titan Tower]

Raven awoke with a start, her heart pounding in her chest. Her room in Titan Tower was shrouded in darkness, but her eyes glowed with an eerie light as she tried to regain her composure.

She had been plagued by a vivid and horrifying nightmare, a vision of darkness and destruction that had shaken her to her core. In the dream, she had witnessed a cataclysmic battle between two demonic beings, their clash unleashing waves of dark energy that consumed everything in their path.

But it was not just the battle that had disturbed her. In her dream, she had sensed an overwhelming malevolence, a darkness so potent that it seemed to seep into her very soul. And the faces of those caught in the maelstrom of the dark energy haunted herβ€”innocent people, their lives extinguished in an instant.

Raven had experienced her fair share of nightmares, but this one felt different. It felt... real. As if it had actually happened somewhere, and she had been an unwilling witness to the horrors.

"Must hurry," She dashed toward the command center, "It felt so real. Must be another Precognition. That voice at the end... Can't let him escape hell."

..

Raven hurried to the command center of Titan Tower, her cloak billowing behind her as she entered the dimly lit room. The rest of the Teen Titans were scattered around, each engaged in their own activities. Starfire was reading a book, Beast Boy was playing a video game, Cyborg was working on his latest gadget, and Robin was poring over some surveillance footage.

"Raven, what's up?" Beast Boy asked, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"I just had a precognition," She replied, her voice tinged with urgency. "It felt... different from the usual ones. Darker. I saw a cataclysmic battle and innocent lives were at stake."

Everyone in the room turned their attention to her, sensing the gravity of the situation. It wasn't the first time Raven had visions of the future and thanks to her, they were able to save countless lives. And now, after weeks of peace, it seems like trouble has found them.

"A precognition?" Robin questioned, setting aside his work. "What did you see?"

Raven's eyes glowed with a haunting light as she began to describe her vision. She recounted the clash of two demonic beings, their destructive power tearing apart everything in their vicinity. She spoke of the overwhelming malevolence that had permeated the dream and the innocent lives that had been lost.

Cyborg clenched his fists, his mechanical eye narrowing. "Sounds like trouble."

"Yes, it does," Raven agreed, her expression grave. "But there's more. At the end of the vision, I heard his voice..."

Everyone stood up, a glint of fear on their faces.

"Trigon!!! Didn't we seal him back to hell? Constantine made sure the seal was strong and he even applied some of his mojo to make it strong," Beast Boy said as he closed the game.

Raven nodded solemnly, "Yes, we did seal father away, but... this felt different. It wasn't just Trigon's presence I sensed. It was something else, something darker. And that voice... it was as if he was calling out to me, to all of us."

Robin's brows furrowed in concern, "We can't ignore this. If there's even a chance that Trigon's return is imminent, we need to be prepared."

Starfire, her green eyes twinkling, spoke up, "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go and save the day."

"Uumm... Hey, Robin, don't you think it would be better to let Batman handle this?" Beast Boy said with an awkward smile. Last time, Trigon manipulated his mind and made him his minion for a time being before the Titans freed him. So, he was a bit hesitant to face demons. It's like a mental scar...

Robin's jaw tightened at Beast Boy's suggestion, his thoughts briefly flashing back to the time when Trigon had manipulated him. It had been a dark and harrowing experience, one he wouldn't wish upon anyone.

But he quickly shook his head, "He is busy with Penguin and Barbara is working on the busted chest case. We have to deal with this one."

Raven, her face shrouded in the hood of her cloak, nodded in agreement. "We can't afford to wait. Trigon's power, if indeed it's him, could grow exponentially with each passing moment. We must act swiftly."

Cyborg, adjusting his sonic cannon, chimed in, "Rae's right. We've faced Trigon before, and we've beaten him. We can do it again."

Starfire clenched her fists, her eyes blazing with determination. "Then it is settled."

"Alright, Raven, open two portals," Robin said as he picked up his staff, "One in Sarah's apartment and the other at the warehouse." His eyes went toward his wristwatch.

He continued, "If Raven's vision is correct, then in ten minutes, they will kidnap Sarah."

"I will save her. There is something I need to confirm," Raven spoke, "You take care of the warehouse. As long as no one is dead or any blood is spilled, the demon won't be able to manifest in the real world. I will join you soon."

Her cloak swirled around her as she raised her hands. Dark energy crackled around her fingertips, and with a focused effort, she summoned two portals. One portal appeared in the living room of Sarah's apartment, while the other materialized at the now-ruined warehouse.

Robin, ever the tactician, wasted no time. He gestured for the Titans to gather around him. "Alright, Titans, this is a Code Red situation. We need to move quickly and efficiently. No killing and no blood spill. We swoop in, subdue the enemies, and save the hostages."

The team nodded in understanding.

They stepped into the portal.

[Sarah's Apartment]

Raven stepped into the living room through her portal. Instantly, the two baseball bat-wielding thugs turned to face her, their expressions a mix of surprise and aggression. There was another girl with them with a shotgun.

"Who the fuck are you? Where did you come from?" The girl with the shotgun asked, pointing it at Raven.

But she ignored them and looked around the room. It seems like she was right. The vision she saw was from the future and Sarah is yet to return home.

"Look at this creepy bitch. Just break her limbs. We will take her with us as an extra offering," one of the thugs said with a dirty grin as he approached her with his baseball bat, "But before that... Hehehehe... I am gonna lick you up pretty good."

Raven's response to the thugs' lewd comments was swift and decisive. Her cloak swirled around her as she unleashed her dark energy with a controlled precision that only she possessed. The room was enveloped in a dim, eerie light as her powers surged.

The thug with the baseball bat charged at her, his intentions clear, but he never got the chance to make a move. With a flick of her wrist, she sent out a magic wave that struck him with incredible force. He was lifted off his feet and sent crashing into the wall with a resounding thud. Unconsciousness claimed him before he hit the ground.

The other thug, witnessing his partner's fate, hesitated for a moment. But she didn't give him the opportunity to reconsider. She pointed her palm towards him, and a dark tendril of energy shot out, wrapping around his bat and yanking it out of his grip. The bat clattered to the floor as the thug was forcibly disarmed.

Seeing his situation, he wisely chose to surrender. "Okay, okay! I give up! Just don't hurt me!"

Raven's expression remained stoic as she slammed him on the floor, mercilessly, smashing his face.

[Booom!] The girl shot at her.

Raven, her cloak flowing ominously, stood unfazed as the gunshot echoed through the room. The girl who had fired the shot stared wide-eyed at the spot where Raven had been. But to her astonishment, Raven was no longer there.

In a flash of darkness and shadows, Raven reappeared right behind the girl. Before the armed thug could react, Raven's hand clamped down on her wrist with a grip like a vice, causing her to cry out in pain as the shotgun fell from her grasp.

Raven's voice was low and cold as she spoke, "You should never have pointed that weapon at me. You see, I get angry and when I am angry, I have trouble controlling my power."

Her grip on the girl's wrist tightened, causing her to wince in pain. Her voice remained eerily calm as she leaned in closer, her hood casting shadows over her eyes.

"Now, you're going to tell me everything," Raven stated, her tone devoid of emotion. "Who sent you? Why are you after the girl? And what do you know about the demon?"

The girl's eyes darted around the room, her fear palpable. She knew that she was in a perilous situation, and Raven's aura of darkness and power only heightened her terror.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about!" she stammered, her voice trembling. "We were just told to grab that girl, Sarah. We don't know anything about demons!"

Raven's grip on her wrist tightened even further, eliciting a sharp cry of pain from the girl. "Lying to me will only make things worse for you. I can sense your fear. Now, tell me everything, or I might lose control."

Tears welled up in the girl's eyes as she realized the gravity of the situation. She began to spill the information, her words coming out in a panicked rush.

"We were hired by some guy, a creepy guy in a hood. He said we had to bring the girl to him, said she had some special powers or something. We were gonna get paid big time! We don't know about any demons or anything!"

Raven's eyes narrowed, and she hit the girl's neck, causing her to collapse to the floor. She glanced around the room, her thoughts racing.

The door opened and Sarah entered the room, covered in sweat and dirt. She has just escaped from the Lexcorps and survived the Xenomorph's attack.

----

AN: In case you are wondering if Raven knows about MC's System, then yes. She saw the future vision through Sarah's eyes and MC's eyes. Everything that happened after Sarah returned to her apartment, was a vision of the future that Raven saw. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

----

If you want to support me check out my Patr Γ©on.Β 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive Chapters & Images] [No double billing: If you join on the 10th, you'll be charged on that day, and then monthly on the 10th. So, you get a complete 1 month, no matter the date you join.]

20