Ch: 54 [Killing time]
253 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Travis sprinted through the city, his enhanced speed allowing him to cover ground quickly. He followed Emma's directions to her home, all the while keeping a vigilant eye out for any Xenomorphs that might cross his path.

The signs of chaos and destruction were evident everywhere. Abandoned vehicles littered the streets, and shattered glass from shattered windows sparkled in the dim light. The distant sound of sirens and occasional screams filled the air, serving as a grim reminder of the danger that lurked around every corner.

"Two more blocks," He muttered under his breath.

He suddenly came across a chaotic scene. A group of criminals armed with firearms was engaged in a fierce firefight with a patrol army unit. Gunshots echoed through the streets.

Travis approached the chaotic scene cautiously, his footsteps silent as he neared a small shop where seven criminals had pinned down three police officers. Gunfire erupted in bursts, the deafening sound reverberating through the narrow streets.

With a swift and silent motion, he summoned a gleaming katana into his hand. The blade appeared in an instant, its steel shimmering with an otherworldly aura.

Taking advantage of the chaos, he moved with unparalleled speed and stealth, making his way behind the criminals who were focused on the police officers. They were unaware of the impending danger that lurked just a few feet away.

In a fluid and decisive motion, he lunged forward, the katana slicing through the air with precision. Before the criminals could react, the blade struck, delivering a swift and fatal blow.

One by one, the criminals fell to the ground, their lives extinguished in an instant. They didn't even have time to scream as the katana's blade found its mark, severing them from behind.

The police officers, initially caught off guard, turned to see the sudden and swift elimination of their attackers. They watched in astonishment as Travis stood among the fallen criminals, his katana gleaming with their blood.

The cut was so clean that it seemed as if the criminals had simply crumpled to the ground without a struggle. His speed and precision left the police officers stunned for a moment.

"Are you alright?" Travis asked, his voice calm and reassuring.

The officer in charge, a middle-aged man with a grizzled appearance, nodded. "Yeah, we're fine now, thanks to you," he replied, his voice filled with gratitude. "We didn't stand a chance against those guys."

The second one asked, "Who are you? New Justice League or Titans?"

"Just a concerned citizen," Travis replied, "Any idea where the other heroes are? I saw Superman flying over the city last day... But that's it. What the hell is going on here?"

The officer in charge looked weary as he spoke, "The heroes are spread thin, and we're struggling to coordinate our efforts. It's chaos out here..."

"I know that much, but since you are police and considering you have some infos that's not available to us, the public... Tell me, what's really going on? How the heck are the higher-ups planning to stop this shit?" Travis asked bluntly.

The officer hesitated for a moment, weighing whether to share the classified information. He then sighed, realizing the gravity of the situation and the need for collective effort.

"We've been told that a joint operation is being planned," the officer revealed, "between the remaining heroes, the military, and specialized units. The goal is to strike at the heart of the Xenomorph infestation and neutralize their source."

Travis absorbed this information, his mind racing as he considered the implications. It was a risky plan, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Do you have any leads on their source?" he pressed further.

The officer shook his head, "Not yet. But intel is pouring in from various sources. We're piecing together the puzzle as we speak. But..."

"But?"

"I overheard my superior speaking to someone about Cyborg discovering how these freaks are connected to a single Xenomorph and they are trying to figure out its location. That's all I know," the officer replied with a sigh.

'I see, not a bad plan. If all these freaks are connected to a single freak, then it must be their leader. And if all the heroes attack the leader, then it will be forced to call back its minions for backup. That way, they will be able to lure out more or less every single one and kill them all... Just like shooting a fish in a barrel,' Travis thought.

'But I wonder... Who will be shooting whom?' He shook off his thoughts.

"Take their weapons and go," He turned around and was about to leave but the officer stopped.

"Don't go that way," He said, picking up his rifle, "The drainage system flooded the entire block. Those bastards blew it up..."

"Any shortcuts to the GreenWoods apartment?" Travis inquired.

The officer considered his question for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah, if you head back the way you came and take a right at the next intersection, you'll find an alley. It leads to a narrow bridge that crosses over to GreenWoods. It might be your best bet."

Travis nodded in thanks, and with a brief word of encouragement to the police officers, he headed back the way he came. His senses remained on high alert, knowing that danger could lurk around any corner in this chaotic city.

As he approached the alley the officer had mentioned, he noticed the narrow bridge ahead. It looked rickety and damaged, but it appeared to be his only way to reach GreenWoods apartment complex. Without wasting time thinking, he sprinted towards it, his superhuman agility allowing him to navigate the unstable structure with ease.

On the other side of the bridge, he found himself in GreenWoods, the apartment complex where Emma's sister, Lily, was in need of medication. But...

His eyes fell on a girl with red hair in a black bat costume. She was surrounded by five Xenomorphs. Behind her was a girl that matched, Lily's description. The building's entrance behind them was collapsed.

The bat costume girl threw a couple of stun grenades and a smoke grenade, then she grabbed Lily's arm and dashed. The aliens somewhat recovered, started chasing them.

She grabbed Lily and took out what seemed to be a grappling gun.

The girl in the bat costume took hold of Lily's arm, she swiftly fired her grappling gun upward, the hook latching onto the edge of the rooftop. The cable extended with a sharp whirring sound, and with a powerful tug, the two of them were propelled upward, ascending several stories in a matter of seconds.

The Xenomorphs, disoriented by the stun grenades and smoke, struggled to follow. They hissed and lunged at them, but it was just out of their reach. They started to crawl the wall to chase after them.

Travis wasted no time as he watched the perilous situation unfold. He summoned a sniper rifle with armor-piercing bullets into his hands, taking a steady stance on the unstable bridge. His enhanced vision allowed him to zoom in on the distant rooftop where the girl in the bat costume and Lily were making their escape.

As he aimed down the scope of the sniper rifle, he carefully lined up his shot. The Xenomorphs were climbing the wall with disturbing agility, closing in on their prey.

With a calm and focused breath, he squeezed the trigger. The sniper rifle barked, and the armor-piercing bullet streaked through the air, finding its mark with deadly precision.

The first Xenomorph, closest to the escaping pair, was struck squarely in the head. The armor-piercing bullet tore through its exoskeleton, penetrating its skull, and effectively neutralizing the threat. Green blood sprayed as the creature fell, twitching briefly before lying still.

His keen eyes shifted quickly to the next closest Xenomorph. He adjusted his aim and fired again. The bullet struck its target, hitting the creature's neck with devastating force. It let out a guttural hiss of pain as its exoskeleton shattered, and it collapsed to the rooftop, lifeless.

The third Xenomorph was climbing rapidly, closing in on the girl in the bat costume and Lily. Travis didn't hesitate; his finger squeezed the trigger once more. The bullet found its mark, hitting the creature in its upper torso. The armor-piercing round tore through the creature's chest, taking it out of the fight in a lethal instant.

Two more Xenomorphs were still crawling up the wall, but they were slower, hindered by their fallen comrades. He continued to fire with pinpoint accuracy. Each shot found its mark, and the remaining creatures fell to the rooftop one by one, their threat eliminated.

The rooftop was now clear, and the girl in the bat costume and Lily were safe from immediate danger.

---

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐[No double billing]

---

AN: Alien arc is over on pat reon. Next arc: Hell Arc will begin after Ch: 73

13