Ch: 55 [Desperation pt1]
212 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Travis, satisfied that the immediate danger had passed, quickly crossed the bridge and made his way to the rooftop where the girl in the bat costume and Lily had sought refuge. He approached them cautiously, his shotgun at the ready, just in case.

The girl in the bat costume, her red hair flowing beneath her cowl, turned to face him as he arrived. Her eyes were filled with a mixture of relief and wariness.

"Thanks for the assist," she said, her voice muffled by the mask. "I'm Batwoman, by the way. This is Lily."

He nodded in acknowledgment. "I'm Travis. Emma sent me to find Lily and get her to safety."

Lily, a young girl around 17-18 years old, with a pale face and wide, frightened eyes, clung to Batwoman, clearly shaken by the terrifying encounter with the Xenomorphs. Her hands were trembling.

Batwoman patted her shoulder gently, offering reassurance. "It's okay. You're safe now. This is Travis, and he's here to help us."

Travis kept his shotgun lowered, not wanting to appear threatening. He spoke to Lily in a soothing tone, "Hey there, Lily. You're gonna be alright. Let's get you back to your sister, okay?"

She nodded hesitantly, her trust in Batwoman easing some of her fear. She took a deep breath and spoke in a trembling voice, "O-okay. Th-thank you."

"I will take her to safety, what about you? Your gadgets won't be of much help in this battle with these freaks," He turned to Batwoman. "You coming or you plan on staying here out in the open?"

Batwoman considered Travis's words carefully, her masked expression unreadable. She had indeed lost contact with her allies and her usual safe hideouts were compromised by the relentless Xenomorphs. Staying out in the open was not a viable option. She has also noticed her non-lethal weapons and gadgets aren't working on those aliens. She is tired and hungry, and on top of that, she has been suffering from injuries. She needs time, place, and resources to recuperate.

'There is no way I can reach the Batcave in my condition, alone,' She thought.

Travis waited for Batwoman's response, understanding the gravity of the situation. The city was no longer safe, and even heroes like her were struggling to hold their ground. His priority was to ensure Lily's safety, but if Batwoman needed assistance or a safe place to regroup, he was willing to offer it.

"Alright," She said with a nod, "I will take the offer."

Travis nodded in acknowledgment. "Great, let's get to safety," he said, motioning for Batwoman and Lily to follow him.

[Meanwhile, at Travis's apartment]

Back at Travis's apartment, Emma sat anxiously with Travis's parents, Sarah, and Alison. Max, the loyal family dog, remained vigilant, guarding the entrance. The tension in the room was palpable as they awaited Travis's return with Lily and Batwoman.

Emma's thoughts were consumed by worry for her sister, and she couldn't help but feel anxious about the dangerous world outside. She was grateful for the kindness and support she had received from Travis's family and Alison, but her heart ached for her sister's safety.

Sarah kept a comforting hand on Emma's shoulder, offering silent reassurance. She knew the young woman must be going through a harrowing ordeal, and she wanted to provide as much comfort as possible.

Andrew and Lara exchanged worried glances, their parental instincts on high alert. They were deeply concerned for Travis's safety as he ventured out into the chaotic city.

Alison, who had remained mostly silent since her arrival, was keeping watch over the balcony, occasionally glancing outside with a determined expression. She had a feeling that trouble might find its way to their doorstep sooner or later, and she was prepared to face it head-on.

As the minutes stretched on, the sound of sirens and distant gunshots served as a constant reminder of the chaos outside. The city was in turmoil, and they could only hope and pray for Travis's safe return.

Time: 7:30 pm

Time seemed to stretch on endlessly, and the uncertainty of the situation weighed heavily on them all. They could only hope and pray for Travis's safe return.

Outside, in the chaotic streets of Metropolis, patrol officers were growing increasingly desperate for resources. With the city overrun by Xenomorphs, their supplies were dwindling, and the situation was becoming dire.

A group of officers had gathered near the apartment building, their faces looked twisted with malice. They were the ones who were hiding inside the opposite building without doing their jobs.

"Deserters..." Alison said as she stood up from the chair, "Guys, wear the armor and take the guns. It would seem we have some unwanted company."

The patrol officers, driven by desperation and a lack of resources, approached Travis's apartment building with a sense of urgency. They had grown resentful of those who had access to supplies and safety, and their desperation had turned into a dangerous determination to take what they needed by force.

Alison's warning had put the apartment's occupants on high alert. Travis's family, Sarah, Emma, and even Max had donned the armor and armed themselves with the weapons Travis had provided earlier. They knew they couldn't afford to let these desperate officers breach their sanctuary.

The officers reached the entrance of the building, their expressions hardened by the grim circumstances they faced. One of them, a burly man with a scruffy beard, pounded on the door with the butt of his rifle.

"Open up!" he shouted, his voice laced with anger and desperation. "We know you've got supplies in there! We need food, water, and medical supplies! Open the damn door!"

Inside the apartment, tension filled the air as the occupants exchanged worried glances. They were faced with a difficult decision – open the door and risk the safety of their sanctuary or defend themselves against the desperate officers.

Max growled lowly, sensing the threat outside. He stood by the door, ready to protect his family.

"There is no way they are upto any good," Sarah whispered.

"Let me do the talking," Alison reloaded her assault rifle, "You all take cover. If things get dicey, just open fire."

The situation inside the apartment grew increasingly tense as the officers outside continued their demands. Alison took a deep breath, determined to handle the situation with a level head.

She approached the door cautiously, her weapon at the ready, and shouted back at the officers, "Hey, you coward motherfuckers you really want to die that badly, huh?"

Andrew slapped his template, "That bratty girl..."

"She has done it, again," Lara sighed.

Alison's fearless response caught the officers outside off guard for a moment. They exchanged uncertain glances, unsure of how to proceed. The situation had escalated quickly, and they hadn't expected such a bold and confrontational reaction.

The burly officer who had been pounding on the door hesitated, his anger momentarily replaced by a sense of caution. He glanced at his fellow officers, who were equally uncertain about their course of action.

They didn't dare to break in because they saw Travis's power and how easily he killed those aliens. But his absence gave them the perfect opening they had been looking for. Their plan is to get everything and run away before he arrives.

Inside the apartment, Travis's family, Sarah, Emma, and Max remained vigilant, their weapons ready. They trusted Alison to handle the situation, but they were prepared to defend themselves if necessary.

Alison continued to address the officers with a steely resolve. "You think we're just going to hand over our supplies to a bunch of deserters? You had your chance to protect this city, and you abandoned it. Now, you think you can just take what's ours? Think again."

The burly officer, who had been demanding entry, spoke again, his voice filled with frustration. "We're not looking for trouble. We just need supplies to survive out here. We're all on the same side, aren't we?"

Alison's eyes narrowed as she considered the officer's words. She knew that desperate times had driven these officers to their current state, but she couldn't risk the safety of the apartment's occupants.

"We're not going to open the door," she replied firmly. "We have our own people to protect, and we can't afford to risk their safety. If you need help, there are shelters and relief centers throughout the city. You should head there and find the assistance you need."

"Haaa... This fucking bitch," one of the officers sighed.

---

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐[No double billing]

11