Chapter 39: Please, kill me
511 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey,

The idiot called writer: You want to know what come next?
Reader: A long break again? When is the next release?
The idiot called writer: Naaaa, maybe in a few months. Naaa, let's say some weeks...
Reader: Oh, come on, let's say in a few days, ok?"
The idiot called writer: Öh, ok. *rustling paper* F*ck, I need to write it this fast, even thought I am such a lazy bastard. *sweat* *sweat*

 

=== Thief hideout, POV Third-Person ===

 

“They ignored our advice, and where do we find this beast now?”

The first man clothed in black sounded angry, and another man interrupted him to stop his rage.

“Hey, hey, we’ll find them, ok? They won’t leave this city unnoticed with this kind of beast cat.”

He had a calm voice and had a confident in his voice. Two other men agreed immediately to please the first man, but it was in vain.

“Do you know how much a docile cat beast is worth? We could live in luxury for the rest of our lives when some noble dick buys it from us.”

His fist landed on the roundtable, they sat around and let it shake.

“What’s going on?”

The door opened, and two other men joined these four men.

“We’re talking about this cat beast our scout group A found. I recommended the Inns personally, but they aren’t there yet, or booked in one of these other districts.”

The men who just entered and questioned them before scratched his shin and made a thought full face.

“They had a carriage, right? We will track them down with this information, since not every Inn have a stall for carriages and horses.”

One of the men who were silent until now started to speak,

“Why don’t we stop here? Our city is too big to find  a single carriage. The time we’ll spend on the search won’t match up with our financial balance, and we can’t be certain to find them.”

This man was slimmer and didn’t looklike a guard, but a businessman. From the point of an observer, could everyone see, that he hold a higher rank in their organization. Only one of the men spoke up to down out the businessman.

“Wrong! This speaking cat would make us the riches for the rest of our lives. Never staying and guarding the gate again! Never patrolling the slums again! We would be so rich that we could buy us noble ranks just to meet again in the king palace and celebrate a reunion as nobles! WOAH!”

This man was obviously the leader, since his speech made every solid reason of the businessman too naught. Everyone else followed their leader and let a war cry out while hammering with the fist on the table.

They were in a hilarious mood when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Who is there?”

A man leaned his ear onto the door and tried to hear the word from the person on the opposite of the door.

“Delivery.”

A young girl's voice came from the other side.

“She said delivery, sir.”

The man faced his boss, whose mood clearly changed and who viewed into the faces of his subordinates.

“Who ordered something?”

The boss's voice was anything but friendly. None of them stated that this order came from them, so the boss waved his hand to signal the man near the door to send the girl away.

“Sorry, kid, but you got the wrong address.”

The man still listened through the door, when he heard a surprising sound.

“TCH!”

He got irritated by the sound, but before he knew what happened flew the door out of its hinges and buried him. Each of the men jumped up and were drawing their swords, but they froze in position, when they saw a little girl standing on the other side of the door.

“What’s going on? Is the door hinges defect?”

The girl didn't move an inch and stared blankly at the men with drawn swords. Her dark blond hair hung over half of her face, so that only the nose, the inner corners of her eyes and the center of her mouse could be seen.

Most of the men lowered their swords, but the leader stood straight and expected the unexpected. He felt that something was wrong with this girl, but he couldn’t tell what it was.

He was about to blink with his eyes, when he saw, the moment before they closed, that the girl's eyes glimmered in green, and the next moment, when he opened his eyes again, was the kid gone.

“Whe-?”

He wanted to ask where she had gone, but a liquid splashed at him from left and right, covering half of his body in it. Instinctive, looked he at his hands, just to see how they were covered in the only red liquid he knew, blood. He turned his head slightly to the right when a blade appeared at his throat, stopping him from moving any further.1The quarry? Oh, well who care, just some extras.

“I can smell her, where is she?”

The girl's hissing voice came from the left, he could feel her breath against his ear. A shiver run down his back, when she interrogated him.

“I-i d-don’t know! Who is she? Who do yo-?”

He stuttered the first words before his fear of saying the wrong answer would bring him to ruin like everyone else, and so he asked whom she is looking for.

“Lie? I don’t think so, maybe enemy? Dead better? Possibly. Lag of information! Smell week.”2Do you know this one cute anime girl? Yes, the crazy one? That's her!

She spoke to herself and ignore every aspect of the one being who was hold captive by her. He was almost certain that this girl couldn’t be human. When she started to talk about him and death couldn’t stop himself to shout out his first thought.

“I’m no one's enemy. I’m a guard that keeps this city sa-.”

Before he could finish his final word, did, she hit him with her free hand on top of his head and shouted back at him.

“Shut up, you mere parasite, when a higher being is thinking.”

She stopped speaking her thoughts out loud and drifted with her mine, deeper and deeper away.

He stood for almost five minutes frozen without moving a single muscle.

“I came to a conclusion!”

The girl shouted her decision happily out, before moving into action. He could feel how her grip tightened and without an additional word, she cut his throat open. His eyes became colorless, while his dead body fell towards the ground, after she pushed the dead body away and run happily off.

Everything was black and no sound could be heard. The leader stared into the dark and his first thought were the Underworld would await him, but surprisingly was nothing there, expect of darkness.

“Leader? Leader? Leader, snap out!”3Too bad.

A splash of water hit his face and when he opened his Eye, everyone were alive. Each member he thought he had lost to this demonic being stood next to him looking in concern. He looked down at his body, but no blood were there, and his hand was still holding the sword tightly.

“Where is this girl?”

His fear of her was still hearable in his voice.

“The girl? She apologized a minute ago and went her way.”

One of his men explained the situation and for a broken did he thought everything were an illusion, but in the next moment fell this feeling apart.

“Leader, were there always a scar on your throat?”

The man next to him symbolized where the scar ran down the neck. His hands started to tremble in fear, and his sword slipped out of his hands and fell to the ground. With the sound of metal hitting the ground did he realize that he will never swing his sword once more.

The pathetic man knelt down and started to pray in front of his former subordinates to the goddess for forgiveness.

"Please, kill me if it's needed."

 

=== At the Inn’s dinning room, POV Siana ===

 

I fetched the letter that the Daemon gave me and opened the seal. It started to shine, and the letter read itself out loud for me.

“Dear Creature, Being, or Existence,

Rifts appearing and disappearing all over the world, and the existence itself will come to its end, before a new circle of life can arouse. Only descendants of the one and only tyrant, the darkness, and eternity, Tyrania will bring salvation!

Nungal, the third daughter of the tyrant, the keeper of the table of life, is here to hold her judgement over us.”

The letter sunk to the ground and its ink faded away, only an empty letter remained.

“The circle must end…”4Soo-Won (GW2) reference

The words repeated over and over inside my head, but none of my thoughts could grasp the deeps of it. Only one thing was certain, another sister of mine, Nungal, was here in Agalam. My next question was, is Nungal friend or foe?

The empty piece of paper shine up once again in red, and some letters appeared.

Port’s Great Hall at sunset.

The time and location of the meeting! Should I go?

I looked through the window, the sun was already setting and colored the sky in red.

If I want to be on time, I need to leave immediately!?

I pushed every fearful thoughts away and stormed through the door.

Why are you in such a haste to leave?”

A-vol blocked the entrance of the Inn, and let me stop.

“Eh? I got an invitation for a small event.”

I waved with the letter and sighed. A-vol would make place for me so easily.

Let me see.

He stared at the paper I waved. Nothing was left, so I shrug my shoulders and showed him the content of the piece of paper.

You’re going there?  No additional information?

“None.”

He made a step aside, and when I reached the door came the one sentence I didn’t expect from him.

I come with you.

I couldn’t reject him and so, he followed me through the street of Agalam, until we reached the port’s great hall.

The building wasn’t new and had some black dots because of the moisture on the outer wall. The hall's roof had some clearly repaired parts, but overall was the building still in a good condition.

Should we go in?

A-vol approached the door before I could do it and pushed it open with his paw. I run up to him and followed inside. With us included, followed four others the letter's information. The fifth person were the daemon girl I met on the streets a few hours ago.

When she saw that I came did she move over to me and stared at me without saying a word.

“May I?”

It took a moment before she spoke up and pointed at my hand.

“Ok?”

Irritated from her behavior, gave I in and raised my hand. She took it with care and fell every part of it before letting go.

“Miss Nungal will be pleased to meet you. May her blessing be with you.”

She went to A-vol and spoke to him, but that wasn’t of importance for me. A new person joined, while I was talking to the daemon. This person was a young girl, maybe thirteen years old, she seemed to be nervous and avoided eye contact to everyone else. She walked slowly to the front and sat down at the first row on one of the wooden benches.

“Excuse me.”

I tipped at the daemon girl’s back and interrupted her while she laughed about something A-vol said.

Stecher.5I saved me the translation. Stecher is similar to: best shag in town, but not so fixed on sex more to the flirting part, but who cares... at some point will they end in the same bed, right?

“How long do we have to wait? When will Nungal appear?”

After hearing my questions, she moved her head to the left and watched past me to the stage.

“It will begin shortly. Excuse me!”

She answered with the bare minimum of words and moved away. She disappeared in one of the rooms in the back. A-vol and I took place at one of the benches in a central rows and waited a few minutes, in this time came four more people in.

The girl appeared on stage again and spoke to the audience.

“Good evening, everyone. I’m grateful that, so many followed my letters and joining us tonight. Miss Nungal will come up shortly to bless everyone.”

She bowed and left the stage. A whispering went through the few people, when she left, but no one doubted her words.

“My sister…”

My heart began to ache and the only reason I could think of that the body wanted to tell me something that the visions didn’t show me until now. 

Sister!

A-vol yelled, when he heard my whisper.

This Nungal is your sister? Puh! I thought you joined some weird cult.”6Who not?

I shook my head in shock.

“No, but it seems she created one.”

I looked at the girl in the first row that sometime glanced over to us. Suddenly, she stood up and climbed at the stage.

“Hello everyone, I am Nungal.”

She introduced herself, but never let her gaze shift from us.

“I would like to bless everyone, but… something unexpected happen and so, I’ll give you a short blessing, so we could meet in one week, same date and time.”

Every guest was leaving, and A-vol wanted to leave as well, but I stopped him.

“We weren’t meant.”

When the last person left the hall, climbed Nungal down and came closer to us. Her blond her blocked half of her face, and her expression was hard to read.

“S-s-s-s-s-Sister. Wah!”

She stammered before starting to cry.

Wha-What is going on?

“Hey, everything is fine. There. There.”

I stroke her back and let her calm down, before asking what bugged me for a while.

“Hey, why are you happy to see me? Don’t you want to kill me for it?”

She shook her head and telling me that wasn’t the case.

“No, by no means, sister. I guard the table of life and I know how your life will end, but nonetheless do I know how my life will end.”

She knelt down and placed her chin onto her chest.

“Please, kill me and let the prophecy come true.”7I told you, the crazy cute anime girl(see footnote 2)

The first meeting with my sister Nungal, and her first request was to kill her…

8