Storm 07
364 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Storm King

Chapter 7

By- BigToFu

 

 

Anthony Grey

A moist cloth was rubbed across my forehead as I held all of my attention on the rotator cup of the patient on the bed. It still marveled me how the human body worked as such a complex machine, yet it was so easy to destroy. There was no proper term to call your meat suit, and the fools in Warhammer 40K were so easy to just throw it all away. Machines couldn't reproduce nor give you that fluttering feeling within your gut as you lived new experiences.

 

With a hum I connected nerve L4 from the body to nerve R4 of the arms, then I ensured that the connection was solid with no rejection of the automail vibranium neural tissue. As the ring finger twitched, I did the rest, P5 for the pinkie finger all the way to T1 for the thumb. Everything responded correctly so I moved on to the nerves that ran through the palm and up the forearm. With the veins and arteries all connected prior to this, I didn't have to worry about any blood loss, but I did have to be certain I didn't accidentally apply too much pressure in certain locations.

 

Nurse Joy offered me a sip of hydration this time even as she ran the damp cold towel across my brow. A sight escaped me as I took the moment to work the kinks out of my shoulders, arms, and neck before I was back at it.

 

Mad Doctor might have given me the skills to perform this insanely complex surgery, but I had to actually do it for myself to really believe. There were still moments when I couldn't believe that I, Anthony Grey, was the absolute pinnacle of the medical field.

 

Pushing those thoughts aside, I gave my shoulders one last roll as I peered at the hologram projected before me by my focus. Jax would have his arms again, this I had promised him, and the fact that he didn't just want meatware worked with my plans all the better.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

If he was going to lead my trauma teams, then Jax would need the best I could do. His arms were modeled like those of the winter soldier, but they had far more bang for their size than one would think. Not only did both arms conceal cannons, but they would also boost his strength with the enchantment I added along with being molecularly bonded to his actual bones with zero rejection. I even went so far as to blend his bone marrow with that of nth metal and vibranium.

 

This would allow Jax to produce his own enhanced blood because vibranium was bullshit like that. The Nth metal on the other hand would allow him to disrupt parahuman powers while also enhancing his healing factor by twenty times. He wasn't going to be Logan levels, but Jax could heal from a cut in minutes still. The nth metal also worked as a secondary backup in case his mask rebreathers stopped working. Just ten pounds of the stuff allow you to survive in space, so with a lattice-type alloy threaded through his bones, Jax would be perfectly fine.

 

I worked and worked, from one hand to the next with no break in between, and when I finally checked the time. Roughly five hours had passed from start to finish, and I can't say that I wasn't alright with that. Jax was one of my men, so he deserved my full attention. Once I was finished with his operation, Nurse Joy came in and I could tell by the name tag that it was one of the actual Nurses just using her hologram tech to pull off the look.

 

Honestly, I don't even know why I started that other than to piss off Piggot when she comes by or when one of her little snitches sends her a report. The Nurses were just having far too much fun acting like clones of each other. I also enjoyed that it also worked as a minor security measure since they all looked the same. I pity the fool who decided to attack one and run into a brick wall. Those nurse uniforms were no joke. Even if some of them didn't want to pack and heat, teleportation modules and tasers work all the same, and can never be too safe really.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

For now, I would let them enjoy the bewildered looks the patients and others give them as they see well over two hundred kinds of Nurse Joys.

 

With Jax out of operation, I had him rolled into a room and left him so that he could slowly wake up naturally. With him taken care of, I found myself back in my lab, a Mew curled up in my lap and two of my new and improved medical beds before me. I needed not only an assistant, but also a mascot for my hospital, and I knew just the characters to do the deed for me.

 

Sitting on my lab chair, I rolled around a little before coming to a stop in front of my next level medical beds. My tesseract came floating out of hammer-space and rotated a little in before shooting off towards my left and slamming into the socket on the wall. Glowing lines flared to life and traced their way across my labs systems and then into the bed, bringing them to life.

 

Mechanical arms uncurled from the bed and went to work on the genetic samples I brought forth and upgraded. On the far right bed, lights flash back and forth as bones sinew, even artificial muscles, and subcutaneous body fat. While Chun Li grew on one medical bed, my attention shifted to Rumi Usagiyama, also to be named Hero Mirko, who was also growing on the second bed.

 

The rabbit quirk that I was reviewing was just as interesting as the meta-gene along with the demonic essence I pulled from the either that belonged to Dante. It was all so freaking fascinating, and I just couldn't help myself.

 

Even though it was a sample, the aura the blood generated was off the charts. I already had not only his clothes but also his weapons ready. No way I wasn't going to make Dante and have him as one of my guys. I could even see where the genetic structure could branch and great a kid like Nero. Even now, I wanted to tweak his genetics a little because the name Nero had was just sooo fucking amazing.

 

My legs danced a little tappy dance as I made my changes before plugging the genetic sample into the medical beds receiving apparatus. While the beds went to work, I double-checked the neural programming since I was going to give them all the flavors of not only combat but also the do's and don'ts. I then checked their gear since Chun Li and Mirko would be hand-to-hand combat types. Well, more hand-to-leg combat types since they would also be following along my own training course I needed to upload later.

 

Miriko and Chun Li were kick types, while Dante was guns, ammo, sword, and some fisticuffs tossed in for good measure. Chun Li would be at my side as my assistant, while Miriko and Dante would go out and raise hell across the city. Kuvira would clean up my beaches and lead up another one of my trauma teams. The first ten feet of her steel cables were even made from nth metal to disable and incapacitate any parahumans Kuvira and her team could run into.

 

I went over everything from gear, to clothes, and undergarments and even made sure that living arrangements were not only made but also prepped to be backdated with the retcon devices. I even had little stories picked out for their backgrounds and lives. Niriko would get me into Japan, Chun Li would get me into China and her people, and Dante would pull America's desperate housewives. Kuvira was just a hard ass like Jax, and I was alright with that. Chun Li's medical bed pinged, and I got up and walked towards her; that heated sensation within my chest thrummed with the possibilities before me.

 

As I arrived at the side of the medical bed, the option came to activate the unstable molecular fabric covering. I gave Chun Li's body one look, then had to put the horny away before I had to bonk myself over the head.

 

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

Good lord, them thighs…

Looking upwards, I did a quick cross over my chest and activated the clothing for all of my new people. Then I knuckled down and got to work bringing my people to life. This time as I went through their wake-up exercises, I had one of my Nurse Joy copies to help me since the one I created was very much in on the things I could do. Lift legs, check hand-eye coordination, and other things before it was time to get dressed and onto the danger room, because, of course, I would build one of those.

 

While they were going through the standard combat tests, I ran their information through the retcon device.

 

At a distance, Dante worked over the heavy bag before teleporting from one location and then slamming down with a devastating sword strike that sent a shockwave forward from his location. Chun Li was juggling a heavy truck tire like it was a soccer ball with those damn fine legs of hers. Mirko on the other hand was being true to her nature as a demon bunny of combat.

 

I shook my head as she blasted through her combat drones scaled at brute five with terminator-type frames inside of them. She was hot-blooded alright, and the city could use some of that. I'll be happy that she has trauma team responders linked to her focus and omnitool. I was also rather certain that she was schooled in excessive use of force, so I don't know why she is smashing the drones to death.

 

That damn rabbit just might need a spanking or something to set her straight.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

With a snort and shift of my attention, I watched with a raised brow as Kuvira systematically cut down all of the foes before her. She was calm, cool, collected, and very much a deadly metal bender and used it proficiently with her terrakinetic powers.

 

She flicked her wrist, and the metal spool of wire at her hip lanced out and decapitated one of the combat drones. I checked the rating and found it was a brute seven type with a mover six rating, dead like a dog without a chance. Then she went back on walking like it was a stroll along the beach in the afternoon. Floating above her hand was a chunk of metal, she played with it as if it was clay. She then turned and gave me a smug look, well, it looked like there was a little personality bleed along with the genetic knowledge. I was alright with that, all of the people I picked for genetic samples were decent people. I wouldn't call them good, well, maybe Chun Li, but even she killed guys by crushing them with her thighs in the Street Fighter Universe. I had major doubts that it was only a Cammy thing to do. Not with M. Bison running around.

 

They were all decent people in my books, and I was more than happy to see people super gynoid androids had their own little quirks and personalities. Now, I just had to keep myself from sticking it into a fembot, for now.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

*Knock*

*Knock*

 

Looking up from my workstation, I turned in time to see Armstrong bursting into the room.

 

"I'm coming through the door like a normal person," Armstrong called as he barged in without even knocking, the tight security guard shirt ripping as the man stood under the light and flexed for all the nurses.

 

My hand came up to my face with a resounding smack, that personality quirk I wish I didn't have to see, but he was great at his job, so there was no point in rebuilding him. After pulling my hands down my face, I gave him a look, "What do you need, Armstrong?"

 

He gave that big smile that reminded me of Maato Guy, then jabbed a thumb at his chest, "I have arrived to inform you that the General is here, with guests."

 

Okay, that made me stop, "Which General, who?" I asked as I turned my full attention toward Armstrong.

 

He did that double cough thing to clear his throat as he did a quick flick of the wrist to share the security footage he had prepared, "A General Hackett, his granddaughter, security guards, and a squad."

 

I blinked as the video popped up on my focus and I watched as the General was shown around the hospital. My attention, though, was on his granddaughter, who was more than enjoying her time with Arcanine, that's mahh boy. I think that I just might give her one; it's clear the poor dear was already in love with my pup.

 

Getting up, I hit the intercom and called the training to a close, it would seem that I had places to be. Leaving the others to clean up, I pulled off my lab coat and hung it up as I went for a teleportation point. A quick press of my hand onto the panel's surface and I was transported upwards and into the quick response area of the hospital.

 

Before I could step off the teleportation point, I had to pull my foot back as one of the Nurses strolled by. One of our more wealthy clients was within the wheelchair she was pushing. It was good that Glynda was working on her client list with Quinn. It was a good thing I was able to put those two in a room together, already millions were rolling in.

 

A thought brought up his medical records, and I almost winced at the sight of testicular cancer. His treatment would take about a week since he also wanted the big boy package upgrade. Then by the end of it all he would have paid well over a hundred thousand in total. In the end, he would be whole again along with being able to piss like a racehorse. Good too because the man didn't have any kids and he needed those if he wanted someone to inherit his business.

 

It did make me wonder when I would be seeing Uppercrust, good chance he is still scoping things out. I was more ambivalent about his group, but not so much when it came to Bastard-Son. That asshole was going to die and if he was that lucky. Then he would be able to taste my boot before he died with how far I planned to shove it up his ass.

 

Once I was certain that things were clear, I went on my way, it was time to see the General. It took a bit, but I found them in the staff cafeteria. Some of his bodyguards were trying to act like background decorations while the General and a few of the troops he brought were gathered around Jax, because of course the man wouldn't keep his ass in bed. Luckily, the man wasn't in hospital pants with his ass out, but in a pair of his own combat pants.

 

When I arrived, I found Jax showing off his arms as they transitioned from flesh-toned into their combat modes. None of the weapons were brought out which was fine, but still. The man was showing off in the middle of the cafeteria instead of in the gun range or danger rooms. With a roll of my eyes, I just breezed past him.

 

I also noticed that a few of the nurses had their holograms down and looked like themselves instead of Nurse Joys.

 

"General…" I started with an offered hand.

 

The General turned towards me with a gruff smirk on his lips, "Anthony, my boy, good to see you." The General stated with that hardened tone of his, but still containing hints of joviality. "Once I heard you had the place up and running from Glynda, I had to come by."

 

We shook hands and I released a light chuckle, "Hope they gave you the guided tour?"

 

"Ohh, they did, they did," The General stated, then his eyes turned sharp. "That's how I met Jax here, and came across him on the range."

 

At that, I snorted, "Yeah, I bet you got a little show," I stated then gave Jax a flat look. "Pretty sure bed rest was ordered after such an operation, especially tests to make sure rejection isn't an issue."

 

General Hackett snorted, "Ahh, leave the boy alone. Now, I heard you have something exciting to show me?"

 

With a chuckle, I raised my omnitool and brought up a menu, "I can either put up a thinker, master, stranger protections here or we can relocate."

 

General Hackett went silent for a moment, and I could see him thinking things over, "Son, we might as well do both." The General got up with a grunt, looked around, then snapped his fingers. "Let's go find Sammy and then I believe we should be in the clear."

 

Taking that as my cue, I activated the full protections over my hospital, before bringing up the hospital tracking system.

 

[Thomas Calvert - It was as if someone had punched him in the face, rocketing backward into his seat. Thomas lost all control over his timeline as his brain exploded with pain. The teams he had infiltrated the secret tunnels into the hospital closed with force enough to knock him on his ass. Blood soaked his fingers as he picked himself up off the ground.

 

With wide eyes, Thomas looked down to see a pool of his own red ichor. Turning to look into the screen of his computer, Thomas found blood pouring from his nose, ears, and eyes. The only place blood wasn't coming out of was his mouth, and even then, Thomas could taste the iron on his tongue. Anthony had to die, and that hospital had to go. Seething anger and fear churned within Calverts guts as he went into the planning phase. ]

 

Finding the General's Granddaughter at the Pokemon center with Tsunade and the Professors, I directed the General in that direction. When we arrived, I smiled as I watched the kid take a lap around the pokemon center. Off to the side, a few of the Pokemon Professors were all taking and doing their own notes. A few of the assistants within the know, because Glynda got the local college in on things, were doing their own thing.

 

Ken, one of the assistants, looked up from the book he was drawing on; the Shyman before him smiled even as she posed with a flower in her ear.

 

*Mew*

 

A twitch left me as the flying psychic cat troublemaker decided she wanted to teleport behind me as a practical joke.

 

*Mew*

 

"Alright, alright," I commented as I held my arms open allowing Mew to settle between them. My hand idly scratched behind his ears as I watched mahh boy run around with Sammy on his back for a little bit longer. The General was giving me a look, and I tried hard not to shrug in return. "Sir?"

 

"Hmm, just wondering how many of those you have…" General Hackett said with a hand motion around us.

 

Yeah, I could understand where he was coming from, there were alot of baby Pokemons. I had made everything from starter types to dragons and even a few water types. I had taken my Pokemon idea and exploded outwards with the damn thing because I had no one to tell me no.

 

Thinking about it, I waved a hand around us, "This is earth, but it's also not earth." I started slowly, the General gave my words a thought, before going real sharp as he figured things out. I let Mew go, picked up a Charmander and gave the baby dragon some scratches. "I don't want to get to far into things, but this earth needs wildlife, and I didn't just want to repopulate the place with the same animals we have at home."

 

"I see," The General replies with a slow look around.

 

Smiling at him, I did a wrist flick and pulled a tablet from my tesseract, looking down at it. I had to scroll a few times and lock out a few things before offering it to one of the guards. They took the tablet, and checked it, their eyes going wide before handing it over to the General.

 

"All this space allows me certain areas to build factories with no one to look over my shoulder," I stated and kept the smile off my face as the General salivated over the blueprints and video of the machine being built.

 

No way was I going to give the military my Gundams, but that didn't mean I was going to give them something to really back me with all their might.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

"This is…" The General whispers, and all could hear the awe in his voice.

 

The General looked at me, and I gave him a nod of my head, "Hopefully, the end of Behemoth, two should be ready before the next visit."

 

"Pilots?" General Hackett questioned, and this time I did shrug.

 

"For now, I don't have any pilots, I just recently solved the neural load issues, so it only needs one pilot instead of two." I stated as I flicked a finger, forcing the tablet to give the General a quick rundown on the current status of things.

 

"Wait, I can understand this…" General Hackett stated, then started to swipe through the tablet at a rapid pace.

 

This time I shrugged, "It's not tinker tech, you've seen my medical scans, you know I'm not a parahuman." I stated as I looked out over the fields.

 

General Hackett snorted, "Yeah, just because I see those doesn't mean I believe them after seeing all this."

 

"Then I hope you can believe it once we finish helping young Samantha," Tsunade's voice came from behind as she wheeled in a very highly advanced medical bed.

 

General Hackett turned around and speared her with a gaze that could strip paint, but Tsunade didn't even flinch. With two fingers to her lips, Tsunade let out a blast of air, a whistle going out to catch the attention of the goodest boy. With a raised brow, I went over to the side and laid down the sleeping Charmander since I was going to have my hands full here in a second. The moment I placed him down, Nurse Joy appeared with a Chansey to take him away.

 

That time, it was one of my Nurse Joys.

 

One moment Arcanine was far out in the field, and the next, he was right by us within a blink. Tsunade gave Arcanine a smile and offered him thanks as she removed Sammy from his back. I stopped from approaching when I noticed that she had a harness around her hips and that her legs were missing underneath the both knees.

 

General Hackett smiled at his granddaughter even if I noticed it falter when he looked at her legs. Then a confused look came over his face as Tsunade placed her on a medical bed instead of the powered wheelchair that was available.

 

"Ma'am," General Hackett asked as Tsunade placed Sammy down on the medical bed.

 

She rolled her eyes, then activated the medical bed, "I would be a poor excuse of a doctor if I let her leave today without fixing her legs."

 

"Ohh," General Hackett muttered then within seconds, the words filtered through his mind and the man was trying to give Tsunade all the space she could need.

 

I had more designs on the tablet to share, but General Hacketts entire attention was on his granddaughter and Tsunade, so instead of breaking the peace. I brought the man a chair and allowed him to watch as Tsunade regrew Sammy's legs.

 

Tsunade activated the medical bed with a button press, then waited as the light screen curtains walked off the segments leading to the knees. As that happened, she matched the blood type to the protean slurry slowly pumped into the cavity around the child's legs.

 

The first leg's reconstruction took a gallon of multi-phased protean culture. Time ticked by as she worked to clear the target area by deactivating the pain receptors and peeling back the flesh. The child was distracted by one of the Nurse Joys who allowed Arcanine to come over and get petted like the good boy that he was.

 

She worked from one leg to the next, ensuring the calcium growth matched the proper age. Muscle groups were secured in the right areas and graphed to the secondary nervous system and tendons. An hour came and went as Tsunade worked, and before she knew it, she was bending the leg at the knee, then rotating the ankles to double-check that everything was working as it should.

 

Toes flexed back and forth, then with the reactivating of the tactile sensations. Sammy's toes wiggled as she ran an index finger across the bottom of the girl's feet.

 

Good, that was the reaction Tsunade was looking for, but she needed to double-check one last thing. Bringing her hands together, Tsunade went through another sequence of hand signs as her jutsu changed from reconstruction to a medical scan type.

 

Shifting Sammy from laying to sitting, Tsunade ran her hand over Sammy's back and listened to the information sent to her via the medical jutsu.

 

The resting heart rate of little Sammy was a little fast, but that could just be from nervousness. What Tsunade was really listening for was to see if there was any new strain on the child's heart and lungs. Finding that it was far better than she could hope, Tsunade pulled her hand back and hit the release on the medical bed. There was a slight hiss along with flushing sounds as the protein slurry mix was cleaned out, but in the end. The scan returned to reveal two very healthy legs for a child with a bright future ahead of her.

 

Before she could pull away, the child grasped her hands and shared her heartfelt gratitude. Accepting it with a smile, Tsunade gave the grandfather a stern nod of the head before assisting Nurse Joy in placing Sammy into the waiting wheelchair.

 

Turning the chair around, Tsunade wheeled her over to the waiting grandfather's location as he stood next to Anthony, stunned.

 

Stopping just out of arm's reach, Tsunade accepted the omnitool given by Nurse Joy even as she spoke to the grandfather. "She's going to need at least three months of physical therapy, and keep this omnitool on her in case any medical emergency might happen."

 

The grandfather looked confused, "Wait, why three months, she looks perfectly fine to me."

 

Tsunade gave him a smile and a nod of the head, "She very much is perfectly fine, but fine motor control, balance, and various other things we perform subconsciously when we stand, walk, and perform various other things will take time to learn all over again. Along with her only being a child, I don't want to rush her recovery."

 

General Hackett stopped, then gave a nod of his head, "I understand, plus, I'll need to explain how I got her legs healed."

 

Anthony snorted, "No point, Glynda has been selling the hospital services all over the nation, Panacea doesn't take requests after all, and those other healing methods can be sooo sloppy."

 

Tuning them out, Tsunade smiled down at the child as she offered the omnitool. The child took it with a smile, seeing that her job here was finished. Tsunade turned away, and gave Nurse Joy a hand signal which had her assistant leave once the equipment was put away into the tesseracts.

 

This was a good deed of the day, but Tsunade had plenty of this to do, so she went to her hospital.

 

With Tsunade healing the kids legs, it kept me from making the offer myself and having the General owing me one. That was fine and all but I would have preferred the favor if I was going to be honest. I decided that there was no point in crying over spilled milk as Arcanine came over with a pokemon egg floating on a cloud of flames.

 

I could feel that warmth from the flames, but I knew that the goodest boy would never hurt me. Yet, I watched as he walked over to General Hackett and his granddaughter Samantha before sitting down on his hunches.

 

He gave the girl a boop with his snoot, then placed the egg in her lap. I didn't figure out what mahh boy wanted until he got up and came over to paw at my wrist. The realization struck me and I gave him a raised brow. "You sure?" I questioned and mahh boy gave half my face a lick.

 

"What is it?" General Hackett questioned me as he looked from the egg to mahh boy.

 

With a sigh, I walked over to the wheelchair, knelt down to eye level with Sammy then pulled a fire stone from my tesseract with a flick of the wrist. The reason for me taking out a firestone was because of the simple reason, I made a few changes to Pokemon.

 

One of the biggest changes was that any of the Pokemon that were brought to life inside the pokemon center had control mechanisms in place. The eggs couldn't hatch without a stone of the proper nature, and the Pokemon couldn't evolve without the proper stone. I had these things in place because I knew that more than a few would get out into Earth Bet. Plans were already in play for the hospital to cater to not only the rich and the uber-rich, but also the Pokemon world to be open to kids and visitors.

 

With that being the case, any of the Pokemon made here would need certain things in place that the military doctors could confirm. The Pokemon in the wilds, though, would be another thing, entirely.

 

Holding the firestone out, I smiled at General Hackett, "Arcanine wants her to have one of his pups."

 

The General's eyes went wide, "Is that safe?"

 

I gave a snort, "A Lot safer than you might think; these Pokemon aren't like normal animals. The aura factor boosts their intelligence by a lot. She is about to have a knight for the rest of her life. Sammy's gonna be more than just safe."

 

The General gave my hand with the firestone a look, then his granddaughter and that was a mistake because her babydoll eyes were super effective. With a sigh, the General took the firestone from my hand and offered it to his granddaughter.

 

"Thanks, pawpaw," She replied with a sunshine smile, then took the stone and held it to the Pokemon egg. Nothing happened for half a beat, then all of a sudden the egg started to shake; cracks ran along its surface before it then burst into bright light.

 

*Char* *Char*

 

*Mew*

 

Pulling my eyes away from the birth of mahh boy's Growlith, I noticed that Charmander was back and gripping the side of my pants leg. Mew on the other hand was seated on Arcanines head as mahh boy watched as one of the eggs made from his fur hatched.

 

The firestone vanished from Sammy's hand along with the light in her lap changing shape from that of an egg, into that of a fire pup. The girl was pure excitement as the baby fire pup looked around; Arcanine sniffed him once, twice, then gave the puppy a proper lick.

 

General Hackett took a stand beside me as the Pokemon grouped around his granddaughter. I said nothing as the man turned and gave me a look. "Grey, nothing can repay what you and yours have done for me… nothing."

 

Straightening up and pulling the slouch from my shoulders, I shook my head, "Sir, I don't just want to help you, I want to help my nation."

 

The General gave me a slow and searching look as it spanned more than mere moments. Then as if nothing had happened, he gave a single solemn nod, "I believe we can work something out."

 

Author's note : The Nurse Joy has the powers of Kakegae Yuzuriha, meaning she has unlimited duplication of self and shares a hivemind. 800 copies of herself and each copy is able to make their own copies.

 

Next time on Storm King, the team goes out for drinks, nothing can go wrong….

 

Okay, so I opened a subscribe star because patron is up to some weird shit. If you want to support, the links are here.

 

TheToFu

 

SubscribeStar

7