Storm 8
160 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Storm King

Chapter 8

By- BigToFu

 

 

Dante -

Spoiler

[collapse]

Relaxing by the pier, Dante sipped his beer as the sun set over the bay, the sky's interesting colors bringing him pleasure. Old man Kyoraku had his straw hat over his ears, the jar of wine Japanese sake at his side giving out a pleasant scent.

 

As he was enjoying himself, a double beep came from his focus, but if he was being honest with himself. Dante didn't feel like answering the call; he did only because of the angry bunny emoji that popped up.

 

With a sigh, he tapped the focus, "Yes, Rumi?"

 

There was a mad laugh from the other side of the video call, "We waiting on you pretty boy, where you at?"

 

Urgh, Dante had no time for her crazy antics, Kyoraku at the side just chuckled at him, "And what pray tell are you waiting on me for?"

 

"We're going to that fancy bar," Rumi replied over the call.

 

Dante sighed…

 

"You might as well go kid, woman don't like to be told no." his drinking partner spoke.

 

Shooting a glare at Kyoraku, Dante finally got off his ass, rolling his eyes, Dante checked his omni-tool. The information that Rumi sent over placed her in the parking garage. With a sigh, he teleported from his location to his bike sitting inside the garage.

 

 

When he got there, Dante let out a sigh as he found his bike exactly where he had left it. He barely got onto his bike before a vehicle came shooting around the far turn of the car garage. Before he could panic, Dante noticed the driver.

 

He could only shake his head as Chun Li drifted to a stop with the squeal of her tires. Shaking his head at the insane ladies, Dante got onto his bike and followed behind as Rumi hung from the jeep.

 

"Come on pretty boy, let's go!" Rumi yelled from the side of the jeep. Chun Li, in the driver seat, gave him a raised brow while Kuvira in the back with Cortana smirked at him.

 

Slinging a leg over his bike, he watched as Chun Li gave him a head nudge in a direction to follow her. With a smile, Dante revved his engine, instead of following them down. He kicked things into high gear as a flick of his finger activated the fly out the side of the parking garage. There was no looking back as he flew out into the night. Instead of driving down to the exit, Chun Li had followed him out into the night, the jeep she drove displaying its flight mode.

 

Dante heard the mad cackle behind, then his bike shook a little as he discovered that the mad bunny was now on the back of his bike.

 

"Come on, we are heading that way!" Rumi cheered as her fingers dug into his shoulder blades.

 

Looking towards where she was pointing, Dante pulled his bike into a steep dive while turning towards that direction. Down below a few people looked up and Dante could see a couple recording, but he didn't feel like slowing down at all. The law against speeding was for driving on the street. There was nothing on the books about a flying bike.

 

And his baby damn sure wasn't tinker tech.

 

As they both flew down and over the streets, Chun Li was on it as her flying Jeep inched closer and closer, but Dante wasn't about that losing life. With a fanged grin, Dante pushed a little of his energy into his bite. It glowed for half a second before shooting forwards in a burst of power and speed.

 

Then he made the final turn and smiled as the club came into sight, Dante lowered the bike and then pulled it into a power slide. Those in the line had screamed, but they didn't need to panic because Dante had it all under control. Rumi jumped from the back of his bike even as Dante himself got out with a smooth walk to his gate, the bike vanishing with a snap of his fingers. It didn't even have time to tumble over before Dante stepped onto the sidewalk.

 

He flicked his dragon hide trench coat, then spun on his heel once. His ears could pick up the excited chatter going on behind him.

 

The smile on his face directed to the ladies in waiting, Rumi had jumped, and bounced off the wall before landing on the hood of Chun Li's Jeep. People behind him screamed, but Dante ignored them as Chun Li gave the steering wheel a sharp twist putting her flying jeep into a power slide.

 

With a raised brow, Dante snorted at the smug look Chun Li was giving him even as he reached out and got the door for her. She rolled her eyes and got out along with the rest, but it was Rumi who was the center of attention.

 

"Hey, what the hell? I thought you were going to drive up the building and do a cool backflip; let me land and be all badass and shit." Rumi raved with a mad smile on her face and hands on her hips.

 

Chun Li snorted at that, then waved her hand at the flying jeep and had it pulled into the dimensional space built into her bracelets. "I think you showed off enough for one night." Chun Li replied with a smirk.

 

"So does that mean I should also do something to show off my skills?" Kuvira asked with cool tones, a stoic look, and a raised eyebrow.

 

Rumi deflated as if someone pushed a pin into an air balloon and popped all of her excitement. "Fine, let's just go in and dance."

 

Danta gave his dragon hide leather trench coat a badass fwap, "Now, that's something I can get behind."

 

"Might I recommend the VIP section?" Someone asked from behind Dante and he turned around, hand never twitching towards his hidden guns at all.

 

Dante placed a hand on his chest, "Ohh, the VIP just for little ole me?"

 

The bouncer that was looking him over snorted, "Faultline would like to converse with such colorful characters like yourselves."

 

Rumi was already there by the bouncer, and Dante could see the full body twitch as the man reacted to her speed. The look on his face clearly showed that the bouncer didn't know if she teleported or was just that fast.

 

"Rumi, please allow the man some breathing room," Kuvira stated easily as she gave Rumi a sharp tug on the back of her jacket. They walked into the club and Dante had to give it to Faultline, she had put together a pretty good place.

 

 

 

The music went bump bump, and Dante went along with the beat even as they were directed to a select section of the club. His head wasn't on a swivel, but he was more than aware of his placement to the exits along with the massive bar off towards the right of the club. Towards the front of the club on a raised platform was the DJ and off towards the left in marked-off sections was a VIP lounge area along with stairs going up in a spiral.

 

The bouncer led them to the VIP and then offered a hand wave towards the spiral staircase. Chun Li and Kuvira took the stairs, Dante decided he wanted the scenic route. With a light hop, he was going over the railing with a light touch of a finger, and when he landed. Dante found Rumi at his side because of course she was.

 

Those on the second-floor level acted as if they weren't spooked, and Dante shot the lady in the metal mask a smirk as he leaned up against the second-floor railing. Standing beside the lady with the metal mask were two others who were clearly case53's as they were called.

 

A giant of a man with clear skin and a crust formation on his back while the other was a tall lanky fellow with digitigrade feet, a long lizard tail, and orange skin. There was a clearing of throat and the lady in the metal mask turned around to give Chun Li a look, the other two did the same thing, but the guy with the clear skin and the thing on his back which made him look like a snail turned back around to keep his attention on Dante and Rumi.

 

Okay, Dante had to give him points for that, it was good to know that Faultline had someone on payroll that was smarter than the average bear. Smirking at them, Dante easily put up a hand to summon the waitress while Faultline directed the others towards a select table.

 

The ladies could protect themselves, but that doesn't mean he would act like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Enjoying the music, Dante chilled against the railing when the clear-skinned fellow walked over, his glance rolled right over him.

 

Dante could feel this surprise the other man standing a few feet away, but he ignored that as his scotch had arrived. One hand took his drink while the other dropped a hundred on the waiter's tray.

 

"So where are you…."

 

The man standing next to Dante went silent as a business card was held out before him. With a snort, Dante just left the card to float there as he turned back around towards the dancefloor.

 

There was no point in ruining his night with posturing.

 


 

 

Cerberus Medical Institute

Pokémon Professor

Assistant Kenneth

 

Sitting with his back against a log, Kenneth's pen ghosted across the paper, leaving light trails of lime as he sketched out Shaymin. As he drew his little Pokemon, a Pikachu jumped onto his lap and nuzzled into his chest.

 

*PIKA*

 

With a little chuckle, Ken ran his hand over the back of the Pikachu while being careful of the electrical pouches within its cheeks. The Pokedex he had at his side beeped as he ran the scanner over the Pokemon.

 

*Pikachu - Electric-type Pokemon- When several of these Pokemon gather, their electrical attacks could build and cause lightning storms. *

 

Kenneth's eyebrows rose at that as he looked around the little clearing and noticed all of the other Pikachu's along with other mouse types. They were all still babies and wore collars that kept them within the bounds of the Pokemon center. Shaymin turned towards his seated form and was already bounding over before Ken even realized he wanted to stand up.

 

Yet, both Pokemon were on his shoulders as Ken stood and stretched out the kinks from his joints. With a roll of his shoulder, Kenneth made his way across the path and smiled at the sight he saw before him. Next to the Pokemon center were what Anthony called battle rings. Standing at the equal ends of the rings were kids recovering from their own hospital treatments having what was known as Pokemon battles.

 

With the advent and creation of these creatures, Anthony had come up with new and novel ways to use them since they all had some type of cape powers. The pokemon were still at low levels, so their attacks weren't what Anthony would call powerful.

 

Kenneth could admit that he has never seen such a thing nor know if he even wants to, but he has seen what that Arcanine could do. A shiver ran down his spine as he remembered that pokemon using a flamethrower and flame wheel. Yeah, he had seen those moves and didn't want to know what they looked like up close and personal.

 

"Dedenne, use thunder shock!" One of the kids on the field called out, his little Pokemon sparking up.

 

"Fuecoco, dodge to the side and use tackle." Another one of the kids called out.

 

Taking a moment to observe the battle, Kenneth brought up his Pokedex and aimed it at the little red gator-looking thing.

 

*Fuecoco - Fire Croc Pokemon - It lies on warm rocks and uses the heat absorbed by its square-shaped scales to create fire energy.*

 

"So that's where you have been," A voice called out, and when Kenneth turned around, he found Sonia looking at him, hands on her hips.

 

He sighed, Kenneth really didn't want to be bothered by her right now.

 

"Come on, Prof Oak is looking for you, he has a task for you," Sonia stated before cocking her hip to the other side and waiting for him to follow.

 

"Alright," Ken replied with a shrug of his shoulders. Before he followed behind Sonia though, he'd kneel down and thought about taking the Pikachu off of his shoulders. Anthony had only allowed him one Pokemon at the moment. Yet as he looked down at the cute little pokemon in his hands, Ken thought better of it.

 

He'd just have to ask for another Pokemon ball.

 

He honestly didn't want to use the Pokemon balls, but he also knew how important the recall features were along with easy storage for transport. Everyone was still going crazy over the Nilbog situation even if this clearly wasn't that.

 

Also, from the military types he had seen, Kenneth wasn't so sure Nilbog would be around for much longer.

 

"Am I going to need anything?" Ken questioned as he followed behind Sonia.

 

Sonia shrugged her shoulders, "Not really; he just thought you might want to see the baby dragons; a few of the eggs are hatching soon."

 

"Ohh, you could have started with that," Ken replied with a smile before picking up the pace he was walking. His strides lengthened, and he was off toward the daycare area of the Pokemon Center.

 

"Shy!" Shaymin called out on one side of his shoulder, Pikachu called out just as excited with a "Pika!"

 

Ken ran around the back of the pokemon center and then through the back door while taking the first left. Before arriving at the Pokemon daycare, he had to slow down and swipe his key card so he could gain access. What he found on the other side though, had him nearly stopping with a stumble in his tracks.

 

Lady Unohana Ritsu's gaze snapped upwards from her clipboard towards him, and Ken swore that her eyes had flashed red. That unusual katana of hers was at her hip and so was a Chansey that everyone was calling a nurse pokemon. For the life of him though, Kenneth couldn't figure out why that was.

 

Sure the Pokemon was super helpful while doing healing duties along with other chores, but the one that hung around Lady Unohana creeped him out as much as she did. Doesn't help that Chansey ran a hand across its throat when Unohana looked away to write something on her clipboard, and those damn sharp teeth didn't do anything good for his nerves.

 

 

"Hmm, looks like you arrived on time," Lady Unohana stated with a small smile on her lips. "A shame…"

 

"Ma'am," Kenneth questioned one hand on the nursery door as he slowly tried to enter.

 

Instead of answering Lady Unohana gave him a smile that sent a shiver down his smile as she made a shooing motion. A glint from the side had his eyes widen as a switch blade was in Chansey's paws. He never looked back as he slammed the door behind him.

 

Kenneth was not about that life and all, and it appeared that he wasn't the only one that felt that way.

 

"Pika, Pi."

 

"Shy, shy."

 

Yeah, his Pokemon had witnessed it also, which means he wasn't going crazy. He would need to speak with his professor, maybe there was another way for him to get those workplace credits.


 

Trauma Team - Jax

The call came in from an emergency locator beacon while Jax drafted a basic response plan. He didn't even have to take a look at the time as the sun was barely overhead, what he did know though, was that the accident had happened on the west coast.

 

The halls blurred by as Jax raced down to the landing pad, his team met him halfway there, and together they hopped onto the talon jet. The inertial dampers hum to life as the talon sped off across the bay. Blue lights shot forward as the portal system was activated as the drones over the nation sent back teleportation coordinates.

 

With a whooshing sound and a little shimmer, they went from east coast to west coast, the talon pulling around into a hover. Looking out the window, Jax could see the multi-car pileup on the highway.

 

It was a fucking mess.

 

"Jacobs, you're on stabilization, get that bodyboard ready to teleport back," Jax commanded as he moved toward the back of the talon. "Richie, Wallas, I want you guys to clear the area. Kevin, you're with me to locate the client." Jax then stopped, turned and gave his guys a look. "We don't know if this is an accident or a cape bullshit, keep your heads on a swivel, and check fire, I don't want to hear about anyone lighting up a civilian."

 

As Jax jumped down from the back ramp of the talon with his trauma team, his Pokeball flew out, and his partner made his presence known.

 

*PIDGEOT!*

 

The cigar in his mouth swirled from left to right as his partner took one look at the mess before circling around. Jax tried now to smile up at the giant bird, especially since his partner was an alpha variant with a wing span well past ten feet.

 

Jax was already running forward into the mix, and jumped over one car, ignoring the dead driver. "Pidgeot, give me a rain dance, then mix it with a whirlwind; we need these fires put out now."

 

*Pidg* With a flap of its mighty wings, Pidgeot was off like a shot, blue lights flaring out as it circled the crash site. The day was bright, but that didn't stop the heavens from rumbling as rain started falling heavily.

 

There was the hiss of flames doused with water, but Jax could see that it wasn't going to be enough.

 

The wind kicked into a swirl as it threw water everywhere, but Jax paid it no mind as he finally arrived at the limo. His focus scanned over the area, a warm spot close to the middle highlighted in thermal colors.

 

Pulling out a bubble shield, Jax dropped it on his location before going down on one knee, "Kevin, cover me and secure the vehicle, I'm going to get a closer look."

 

With the area at least partially secure and some of the fires being put out by his buddy Pidgeot, Jax was more than ready to check on the client. Pulling out a flexible camera from his hammerspace, Jax pushed it through a crack in the glass with one hand while viewing the footage through his focus along with Kavin.

 

The client, a female mid-thirties was lying on her side, blood slowly pooling underneath her body. From the scans, Jax could see that she was very much still alive, but her breathing was shallow. He would need to move fast since he couldn't see where all that blood was coming from. Pulling the little flex camera back, he pulled out two marbles and ruled them into the flipped limo.

 

The marbles popped instantly into little drones as they then flew over to the client's body. One landed on her forehead while the other landed on her abdomen; the moment they touched her skin, biometrics data was shared with all within the trauma team and hospital.

 

Instantly the communications opened up, as medical information was shared, read, and reviewed. All that would have to wait though because Jax made a command decision to put the client in suspended status. This time a larger sphere was rolled into the limo, and instead of reading biometrics data, it connected with the client and covered her in a blue shimmer of tesseract energy.

 

The stasis would hold for now, which means they didn't have to worry about that punctured lung, or the laceration to her femoral artery.

 

*BANG!*

 

Jax reverted to a defensive position with a twisting downward rotation, both his arm cannons up and ready. Kevin was also in a defensive position, ready to defend the location, one arm with a body shield at the ready while the other held a laser SMG at the ready.

 

Finding that it was a minor explosion a distance away, Jax turned back around and went to work. The tips of his left hand glowed a blue as he placed it against the limo, smooth fluid motions carved through the side of the limo allowing him and Kevin to gain access to the client.

 

Looking upwards, Jax blew a whistle, and called, "Pidgeot, lift with FLY!" Jax called as he pointed at the limo.

 

With a mighty caw, Pidgeot came down and snatched the limo by its axle, two mighty flaps of his wings and the limo raised two feet off the ground. Then his try-hard bird poured on the power, and the limo went up and up before it was tossed to the side.

 

When the limo was out of the way, Jacob and Kevin went forward to secure the client and get her onto the bodyboard. Already Jax's hand was flying across his omnitool, ready and waiting. The moment Kevin gave him the thumbs up, Jax waited for the second thumbs up from Jacobs.

 

That was all Jax needed to activate the teleport beacon located on the bodyboard. With a shimmer of light, the body was gone, but Jax kept his position steady as he waited for a response from his focus.

 

"This is Doctor Haruno, client Carle 4123 Delta 7 has been recovered, moving to surgery right now. Jax, the field is yours." Came the call.

 

"Read you loud and clear doc, you handle there, and I'll handle here," Jax spoke even as he held an arm out for his Pidgeot to perch on.

 

The call fell into a silence for a moment, then came Haruno's voice even as there was movement over the line on the other end. "Receiving will be open in case you need to send others.

 

Jax chuckled, "Thanks, doc, I owe you a coffee." The call cut out, and Jax was already moving, his commands flowing out as he took control of the disaster. Richie and Wallas were on the side running triage on the people rescued from the multi-car pile-up.

 

Kevin had his Machamp out assisting with clearing the cars while Jacobs was directing his Blastoise to clear out the fires that looked like they might spread. There was another bang, that sounded far too close for his liking, but it was quickly killed by the giant water Pokemon.

 

Jax didn't know how long he worked for, but a check-in with Cortana said they were on location for something around three hours. Yeah, he could believe that because not only did he feel like shit, but that sweet adrenaline in his system was starting to drain as he noticed that the situation was under control.

 

Firefighters, police, and ambulances had arrived on location to assist, and Jax finally felt that he could turn things over to them. The issue though was that the PRT decided they wanted to show up.

 

No, he was wrong about that after stopping to take a second look. They were far too finely dressed to be PRT heroes. Then things took a turn as Chevalier landed, yeah, Jax had enough and wasn't about to deal with this dick-waving bullshit.

 

Two fingers went to the side of his face and pressed the focus activating the device, "Alright folks, let's go home, Talon 01, activate the recalls."

 

A ten-second countdown appeared in his vision as the focus projected an augmented reality overlay and that was all Jax needed to know. Holding up his hand, the Pokeball snapped open, the red beam flying out and recalling his partner for the ride home.

 

Before his timer ran out though, two of the trumped up ponies came over to rub shoulders with him.

 

"Good morning sir, do you have a moment for me to take your statement?" A lady in a blue visor and weird parka-like spandex thing asked.

 

Jax raised a brow at her, took out his cigar, and blew smoke upwards as his timer reached zero, he was gone in a little swirl of light.


 

Undisclosed Location

Virginia

 

"The Prime Asset has delivered estimated projections for project hero killer."

 

The room was silent for a time, "Two are complete and ready for training drills, and three more are under full-time construction."

 

"And this is a technology that we can reproduce like the anti-thinker, stranger, and master fields?"

 

"Correct, he is willing to let our DARPA teams look over the numbers and assist, but refuses to share certain aspects."

 

One of the speakers in the room grunted, "That's fine, and I'm certain that my orders were not to rock the boat under any circumstances."

 

"Correct sir, we have only run into one scientist with a strong personality so far."

 

"I want them removed," Came a reply with a grunt, then silence before something was inquired upon. "What with that reaction?"

 

There was a shuffle as someone shifted from one leg to the other, "They got themselves removed, walked into an area they felt that they were expert on since they had a doctorate within the field of study, the warning was given after the accident nearly killed them, sir."

 

"Good, now tell me, where are we with the removal of that ship blocking the bay?"

 

Author's Notes :::: Unohana Ritsu is tsundere of the highest order and yes she will cut a fool, don't let her doctor's smile fool you. Also, I couldn't resist making a sadistic Chansey to go along with her. It's going to really throw people for a look to see a pink puffball that's a healer being so blood thirsty. Uploading images later, got a few chapters to put out before I gotta go run some errands and be back.

 

Unohana Ritsu

 

Chansey

 

Kuvira

 

Chun Li

 

Blastoise

 

Machamp

 

Shaymin

 

Authors Notes - Removes the - for the internet links

 

You can come and find me here chatting with the server so come join us.

 

dis- cord - GG /p2QJNck

 

On the you will find Turok and Side Stories.

 

pat- tron - TheToFu

 

Okay, was stalking to some friends and they talked me into trying commissions for 2024

Can find it here on Subscribe Star -

5