Book 2, Chapter 01, When your holidays are predicting some dark days to come.
336 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book 2, Chapter 01, When your holidays are predicting some dark days to come.

Welcome back !

How were your holidays ?

Did you enjoy them ?

Got a nice tan ? 

Did you have fun ? 

Teached dance to trolls ? 

Bullied your muggle cousin ? 

Tried to make your house cat learn tricks ? 

Had your bluff called of by your aunt and uncle ? (Now you know to never make magic threats if you can't uphold them).

Let your pet chameleon took some sun outside with your sister ?

Got scolded for using the M.... Word ? 

I wouldn't say playing Grand Theft Auto, we're still just in the month of July. We will have to wait for September the first for that part.

So utterly normal and boring...

 

Me ? 

I'm a Malfoy. 

I spent part of my holidays in Norway.

What else ? (Hi George).

Easiest tip to visit the country ?

Or any other ?

 

 

Learn the language. 

 

Lol.

I did. 

 

Our trip ?

Well, we visited Oslo, some other towns including some pure magical resident villages.

Dis you know that reindeer have a magical version ? The Pettwei Punakuono lives in the coldest environment, and during winter, as there isn't light, it brighten it's path with the light from it's nose. Weird no ? Couldn't see it as it's summer.

We went to see and eat on the coast of the Norwegian sea (we had a famous school's boat at our disposition to glide along the fjords and were able to eat some exquisite and delicious roasted dragon meat and liver. You should try it, it's only sixteen sickles for one ounce of it. I devoured mine even if my piece was an eight ounces), got to see the coolest fjords and the school my dad's death eater friend ran there (Yeah, Durmstang and Karkaroff. Come on guys, Viktor said it himself, almost no sun in winter, snowy almost all the year, but you can fly above lakes in summer. Why does everyone think it's in Bulgaria cause Krum is from there... Would you try the same if he was Turquish ?)

 

Without having to be put under the obliviate curse at the end. Tatoo-budies oblige.

 

It seemed that the old crook was still hell-bent on recruiting me. My scholarship, according to him, would include personal tutors and lessons (some with himself), many advantages other students could only dream of, better food, better equipment, and an almost total immunity in school.

Viktor also had one, but didn't use it, alas. It saddened Herr Direktor.

Viktor, Viktor, Viktor...

He's showing you how to be a complete asshole, you could at least try to do your worst. Do you know the price for a bad education and what he sacrificed for you ?

In my case, go ahead, try forcing the issue in front of my Momzilla. It's just YOUR life at stake, lmao. 

He even provided information about that very talented and promising Bulgarian seeker his school enrolled and he was busy grooming personally, among some very bright and beautiful pure blood girls students who would be absolutely delighted to meet me and of which he also shared more than the necessary information with yours truly.

 

(Won't work pal, my father is way ahead of you and I didn't even acknowledge his shitty proposal. Please also note that one of your candidates has Rasputin as a family name. So should I say, Especially because of that : Fracking NO ! She's worst than Zabini's mommy as an ally from what you told me).

 

Karkaroff...

 

Coward, death eater and pimp...  Oh, sorry, should I say Virgins-Sacrifice-Offering, so the situation would look less disgusting ?

 

Following his disappointment boohoo that I wouldn't attend his oh so glorious and better school (again), I was still able to enjoy the trip. 

Did you forget ? Last time we traveled abroad my mother got a dragonskin bag. 

I went on a full shopping spree and indulged, bringing back souvenirs and gifts. 

Jackets, gloves, shoes, violin case, cat transport bag, even a special piece for Daphne half shoulder strap half falconry glove for Daenerys, some leather bookmarks. 

I even bought a norwegian snowboard. 

Why can't you muggles copy us right ? 

Ours can slide the ski slopes down and UP.

My gifts were numerous and I even had to call out our house elf Dobby by moments to bring back our purchases.

Strangely, he was sometimes late to respond to our calls, making mum and father order him to punish himself or inflict some punishments by themselves.

I thought it started when my father informed me, in his earshot, of one of his plans for the coming year.

It has something to do about Slytherin's true hair, my bad, wrong word, sorry, he doesn't have those anymore, heir, that's the one we're looking for, and the purge of what he thought were the non welcome elements of the school.

Which ones ?

Would you be shocked to know the list consisted of : 

- Squibs, (now, as they weren't there from the start, I really don't know why he targeted the only one there, Filch...)

- Mudbloods Muggle-borns, he didn't care if one of the three major of last year group of first years was one of them. Or that his-canon-son would have been less talented than her. (yeah I know, we're not in canon anymore, so how can he know it ? Can I tell him one day pretty please ?).

It will only leave you with the half-blood and pure-blood.

Like...

I don't know.

The trolls for example. They are the perfects embodiment of inbreeding, what good half-blood pure-blood (small lie here) wizards, should be. Huge strength, two and a half brain cells. Unable to make a cauldron stand on it's feet but that's not a problem at all. 

He told me he started his plan when Mr Weasley announced his project for a law protecting muggles. When you know the guy, you understand why he would do so. My father felt personally insulted by that fact, he even launched the green harpie on him.

I saw him pointing the following article, the newspaper having been sent to him by owl from England to Bulgaria. (Poor bird). 

 Daily Prophet, July 4th 1992.

"Fool's law, or how to waste time and money by an Excentric.

It won't come as a surprise to those knowing about him and became victims of his craziness for years that Arnold Weasley, former Hogwarts' student but not a really well accomplished one, currently working for the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts, also known as the most useless and boring department of the Ministry of Magic, just pulled another one of his eccentricities on all of us.

Arnold just decided to embark on a personal crusade. Championing the muggle defense, when no one asked him to, as the laws were already there for more than seventy five years for the most recent ones.

The man and his obsession for the ones who invented the umbrellas for shoes, the cat's wigs and the pet stone can't be ruled in.

I fear what others atrocities he will bring forward. Our community is fine as it is. Safe and healthy.

We don't need people trying to push concepts from the ones who still thought that drowning someone was a perfect way to detect wizard and witches, so that all surviving victims could be sentenced to the pire not so long ago and still think to this day that earth is flat

As a concerned witch, I can only press forward the Ministry of Magic to watch carefully what it's personnels are doing. 

Yours truly, 

Rita

Mind you, she perfectly knew his name and miscalled him on purpose. Just to add to the slander and insults.

Pay-for-slander.

I didn't knew by reading canon books or intel on the web back then but that ladybug was being payed to slander people.

But only in cash, gifts etc. No written contract ever. 

The hidden child of Finnick Odair and Cruella de Vil.

Backstab her ? You will find yourself on her shitlist. 

She has no need for proof, accusations are all she needs. 

It wasn't all HE was doing to derail Mr Weasley's law, he also put pressure on Fudge.

While I was busy preparing the HW-V plans series for her and some others.


During the following days I reviewed every information I had about Colgate-moron. Learned all his books. Every interview he gave. And Merlin know the guy breathe for giving them.

I looked at every place he ever visited officially or not.  

I was also collecting material on my other targets.

As I left my father to play fanboy with Voldhairless' diary, he used the time of my absence to do something "for me".

My father had plans he hadn't told me about. 

Something he attempted to further boost my fame and expand my influence among the Slitherings and the rest of the school.

The moment I learned about it in school, he congratulated me about a late birthday present.


That's all I can tell you about my holidays' trip.

It did went fine.

Better than the discussion I had with my father following our return.

He called me on the ground floor, in our dual practice room. An entire room, with paintings on the parquet, for the contestants.

Making me stand in front of him while he waited for me comfortably in his luxurious clothes, he didn't put on duelling clothes to preserv his normal ones, it was only spare money after all. 

Placing my feet in the circle on the ground, I presented my side profile to my opponent. Reducting the surface area he could shot at, while slightly advencing my wand arm. 

Ready, I waited for him to attack. These were my orders here. 

- I just got news about your young friend Astoria Greengrass, from inside the Ste Muggo Hospital. My father said, a good opening to distract me.

- Is she fine ? I asked, worried.

- She seems to be, yes. As fine as she can at least, for someone who have been able to consume the life elixir before that bloke Flammel distroyed his precious stone. He explained, in contempt while his arm raised suddenly, throwing a spell at me.

- The life elixir ? How did they acquiere it ? I asked, still pretending that I knew nothing about it. The moment I saw his arm raised to launch it's spell, I also raised mine, the wand holder along it unfolded my wand, like a secret blade in Ubisoft's game. Our spells countered each other.

- That's the information I still have to figure out. But my informant is formal, her health went up during the last month, without the hospital's help. Two more shorts were throwns at me. My father was hell-bent on preparing me for every possible situation, 

- Are we sure it wasn't a progress generated with all the potions they're giving them. Her body could have started to become ealthier after a long period under their effect. I was trying every possible legitim aspect that could delay him. I shot two more spells at his torso, then a third to his feet. 

- I already looked into it, Draco. I'm telling you it has to be Flammel's life elixir. The Greengrass took Astoria out of her room the day before the end of term. They must have met in his Paris' home.

 

Hm, so you don't know about them coming at Hogwarts. Is it true or are you trying to catch me lying ?

- Shouldn't we rejoice for them ? Did this information cause you any problem father ?

I asked him, faking being worry. As I didn't know what he knew, I couldn't risk myself to lie, or mislead him. That's literally how you catch liars, go ask the Lt Colombo. The last spell I used shot a volley of bats in his direction, were they would fly aimlessly impeding his sight. 

- Seeing your friendship with the girl, an alliance even temporary, is possible. You should must have her bear your child to secure half of their inheritance if when she pass away. You will then be able to marry a woman of your station, more in line with our principles. Three more spells were throwns at me in rapid succession. 

He didn't say this exact words, but believe me, you could hear his real feelings pouring in them. 

In times like these, I really miss Ludovic, a dude I knew during my previous life. He was kind of knowledgeable about weird historical stuff.

Which he would tell you about when someone was really pissing him off.

Like that prisoner's cell, with a slippery and tilted floor, facing an open space, right above... NOTHING. Yeah, should the victim let go of his/her hold on a bar fixed in the ground (you can't hold it with anything except your hands, it's made this way to prevent you from doing otherway) the prisoner would fall to his/her death. The only random question, would be how long it would take to hear the scream and the crashing sound.

So yeah, I sometimes remember his rants and kind of imagined my father inside this torture device right now.

But come on, you heard him.

Am I the asshole Reddit ?

I won this bout by throwing ice on the ground around his feet trampling him, before rushing to him and pressing my wand on his throat. 


On August the first, my breakfast was pickled with news from our house elf's victim. 

My father being the information whore he's, was one of the first non-ministry personnel to learn about a levitation spell performed in muggles presence. 

An official warning was then sent to the criminal, informing him of his crime, but also that should he repeat his mystake, his wand would be confiscated, as per written in the laws about our secrecy. 

Finishing levitating the scrambled eggs plate towards my mother, I smiled lovingly to her, before going back to the food in front of me.

We're not all equals in the word. 

You're the hero.

I can do magic. 

12