A001 – Emma
337 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

When I realized it, I became a loli living in Neo Domino City.

No, perhaps the right word would be, my memory is returning. For about 11 years, I lived in this town as a girl named Emma.

The previous me, usually spend her days in the Arcade, playing duel monster with her fellow Duel Academy students. But after hearing the news Jack Atlas dethroned by Yusei in the Fortune Cup, Dark Signers, and then Ghost fiasco thing happened, my mind just went "Ah..."

This is a world of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's!

Yusei, Jack, Crow, Aki, and even my classmates Lua and Luca... the entire 5D's casts was there. And by the looks of it, they're in the middle of preparing themselves to participate in the WRGP (World Riding Duel Grand Prix).

How did it come to this?

I don't seem to have any ailments or diseases, I have never smoked or drank alcohol. The security of my neighborhood is also good, there have never been any thieves or serial killers on the loose.

My memory is in jumble.

The last thing I can remember is, after completing the Master Duel daily mission, I got bored and re-watching the Yugioh 5Ds anime on my computer, then took a nap. And by the time I realized it, I was already living the life of Emma in the world of 5Ds.

Emma... Wasn't this girl one of the standard duelists in Duel Links?

I already retired from Duel Links and went to Master Duel a long time ago though. I re-watched the 5Ds anime to kill boredom, but I didn't expect to enter the world of 5Ds.

Well, whatever... Since it has come into this, then I'll just enjoy the show in the front seat.

♠♠♠

 

And so, a few days passed.

After returning the bike to "Aki-oneechan", I went back to my "home".

"I'm home!"

Naturally, no one answered.

"I" have lived here for 11 years, with workaholic parents who rarely come home. Usually, they call every week and send pocket money regularly. And the amount of money sent was big enough so I could buy some booster cards without any worries.

I took a bottle of milk from the fridge and reheated a convenience store lunch box for dinner. After eating, I threw the box and the bottle in the trash before going to my room.

It's the time to count today's harvest.

From the school bag in the desk, I took a Duel Academy's standard-issued Duel Disk.

Normally, it should have been an empty disk with no cards inside it. But as I wore it on my wrist, the empty part were the deck should be placed suddenly made a click sound, and 40 cards appeared from the inside of the Duel Disk.

I also checked the Extra Deck and clearly, 15 cards consisting of Synchro Monster and Fusion Monster cards are present. Where these cards came from is still a mystery to me...

I closed my eyes and instantly, in my mind appeared what looked like a deck edit interface.

Spoiler
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
             
             
             
             
                                 
                                 
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
                         
                                           
                                                     
                                                     
[collapse]

In this interface, countless cards are sorted into a huge list. Normal and Effect Monsters, Fusion, Ritual, Sync, XYZ, Pendulum, Link, along with Spell and Trap cards are all on this list.

Those cards aren't something unknown to me.

They were cards I got from two games, Duel Links and Master Duel up until now. Of course, the cards obtained from the two games are the OCG and TCG versions, in other words, they are the castrated version issued by a certain K Corporation.

But fortunately, this interface also accepts cards that weren't printed by K Corporation.

There are cards from Duel Links that are not available in OCG and TCG, such as Kiteroid, High and Low, Labyrinth of Kline and many more. In addition, the cards from the Booster Packs I bought in this world which contained many "anime-only cards", such as Shining Rebirth, Summon Tax, and many more, were also accepted without any problems.

By the way, the interface also retains the crafting functionality of Master Duel.

This means I can create cards using resources, or dismantle cards and turn them into resources. The cards I can make and their requirements are mostly based on Master Duel. However, I can also make cards outside of Master Duel, like Shining Rebirth, only if I get the cards first, but their rarity is set as UR.

It's just that, there are not without problems.

All of the Link cards are crossed, which means they are Forbidden!

'Oh NO! My Avramax, Verte, Accesscode Talker...'

Well, looking at the disk, there's seems to be no room for the Extra Zone, so that seems reasonable. As for Pendulum Cards, maybe Spell and Trap Zones 1 and 5 can be used as Pendulum Zones.

But thanks to this, the ban list has changed. Several cards included in the ban list have been unlisted, such as Level Eater, Dandylion, and other token-related cards.

♠♠♠

 

I changed my focus to another screen.

Spoiler
                                                         
  Limited-time Mission Unlimited-time Mission                            
     
  Win a Duel (3/10)
5 hour(s) left  
                                                         
    x20         x20         x50              
                                 
    1         3         5              
     
  Use a Trap card (5/5)
5 hour(s) left  
                                                         
                                              x20    
                                                 
                                              5    
     
  Use a Spell card (3/5)
5 hour(s) left  
                                                         
                                              x20    
                                                 
                                              5    
     
  Destroy a card (4/5)
5 hour(s) left  
     
                                                         
[collapse]

This screen shows the daily missions I can do to get free gems. Gems can be used to buy Master Duel Booster Packs which contain a wide selection of OCG and TCG cards that don't exist in this world.

Although, after coming here, the completion efficiency of the quest remained low.

"Haah, so many unfinished quest..."

I can only sigh with the bad efficiency quest completion.

At the time when Yugioh duel was just an online game, I just had to click on the cards and the prompt, then complete the mission in under 30 minutes. But now that duels are face-to-face, the energy and time to complete each duel is very different.

Each person has to explain their moves and declare each effects of the cards with their mouth!

I got a total of 15 Legacy Pack Tickets and some N trash cards from dueling rewards, and 120 gems from today's daily quests. Including the gems I had before, I now have 1220 gems.

Without further ado, I spent 1000 gems to buy 10 packs of The Great Olds.

 

 

 

Well, irregular updates... Please don't expect stable updates from this series.

The Great Olds


[collapse]
Dismantle

[collapse]

 

13