Chapter 42: Adventure (9)
357 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two young adventurers gave their goodbyes. They decided to leave the dungeon before something worse happens.

Max told the two to report to the adventurer's guild. Whatever the reason might be, it is still best to inform the authorities so they can conduct an investigation.

Max and Lyla continued their way to the next floor, they did not encounter any problems with the current floors monsters. Lyla became more efficient with her attacks after listening to the two adventurer's accounts.

Max was still behind Lyla, prepared to assist her if she gets into trouble.

They have spent more than 7 hours in the dungeon, some adventurers prefer to stay in the dungeon and camp there, this way they will not waste their time going in and out of the dungeon.

However, Max decided to leave the dungeon and stay in an inn since this is their first time going in the dungeon it is better to be careful and he is still worried about the anomaly that happened that day.

Once they arrived at the teleportation matrix, they approached the pillar that would lead them out of the dungeon. All exit leads to the sub-station that is overseen by the adventurer's guild.

Max and Lyla touched the pillar, they were surrounded by a bright light. It was the same feeling of being transferred from one floor to another. Once they arrived, there were not a lot of people in the sub-guild building. A couple of tired and haggard looking adventurers can be seen on the counter, while others are resting at a corner.

They approached an available counter and took out the cores from the satchel bag. Small marble like stones can be seen inside the bag.

"Excuse me, can we exchange these monster cores?" Max said to the lady at the counter.

The lady looked at the appearance of the two people and grabbed the satchel bag, "These are all from the lower levels of the dungeon, one monster core is equivalent to 1 copper coin. Let me count them first."

The lady pulled out all the monster cores from the bag and counted them one by one.

(1 silver=100 copper coins, 1 gold=100silver coins)

"You have a total of 37 cores which is equivalent to 37 copper coins." The lady handed 37 pieces of copper coins.

"Thank you." Max said. "Did two young bronze ranked adventurers pass by earlier?"

"Yes, they did. They also report about something unusual happening at the lower levels of the dungeon." The lady said.

"I see. So what do you think about their report." Max probed.

The lady looked at Max neither displeased or amused and said, "They might be a bunch of youngsters who overestimated themselves inside the dungeon. Although that may be the case, it is the adventurer's guild's duty to check on reports made by adventurers, we will be sending a team to check on the situation tomorrow."

"Why do you ask?" The lady asked Max, trying to figure out the intentions of the person under the mask.

Max answered in a calm tone, "We saw them at the 3rd level, they were captured by a jumping spider and trapped in a cocoon when we found them. I have not seen the unusual occurrence that they both speak of, but the two looked like reliable and cautious people."

"Hmm." The lady looked as if she was considering what Max said. Max did not disturb the lady's train of thought. A few moments later Max asked, "Do you know an inn that we can stay at?"

"This building provides accommodations for adventurers. One room is 30 copper coins a day." The lady said while looking at the two people.

Max handed the lady 30 copper coins. "One room please."

The lady grabbed a key from under the counter and gave it to Max. "Here is your key, second floor, to the right." The lady pointed at the stairs with an uncaring attitude.

"We provide a bucket of water, if you want more, its 1 copper per bucket. Hot water is another 1 copper coin. Food is not included but we also have a place here where you can buy food." She pointed at the left side of the building.

Max reached for the key, number 21 was written on it. "Thank you." Both headed for the stairs and rest at their room.

"Not bad for newbies. They look promising for getting 37 cores in one day with only the two of them." The lady said in a soft voice, unknown to others if she was talking to herself.

Max and Lyla opened the door to their room.

It was a normal small sized room with one bed, a table with a single chair, a window with a curtain and a lamp on the on top of the table. Although there are lamps that run with monster cores like in their mansion, it costs money to maintain and to illuminate the whole place. A simple inn would not provide the same kind of luxury that their mansion has.

A few moments later there was a knock on the door.

SFX: *knock knock knock*

Max opened the door and saw a young boy caring a bucket of water, "This is the bucket, sir."

The young boy said with a frightened look on his face. He put the bucket down in a hurry trying to leave at once.

"Wait." Max said.

The boy was perspiring with sweat as he heard the voice. He trembled when he saw the man with the mask walking towards him. The man stretched his hand, the young boy flinched from the man's action as he closed his eyes in fear.

Max stretched his hand and was surprised to see the young boy's reaction. He gently put 2 bronze coins on the boy's hand before saying, "You can go now."

The boy, as if realizing that nothing happened, runs like a startled bunny with all his strength. Max was shaking his head, he never would have thought that a simple looking cloak and mask would scare a child like that.

3