Too Hot Around Here
1.3k 6 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the bright daylight, Veyron clenched his fist and unwittingly produced tyrannical lightning discharges, the price of his head was determined by the top elites of this world. Just like the last one.

'This time will be different. This time I'm STRONG'.

"I'm not afraid of the world government, Stussy... if they want to come for me, they can come. We will see who wins this battle of attrition, them or me" Veyron declared with pride and challenge, 'Now I'm energy... let's see what they can do to me'.

He was convinced there were only a handful of individuals on their side now who could give him a run for his money now that he had gotten the Goro Goro no Mi. It was a fruit he had studied for years and already had a few cases of use for it that he wanted to test... in a laboratory that is. 

All the ladies smiled helplessly; it wasn't bravado. It was the conviction of a boy, no, a man who knew he was strong and knew how to use that strength for the sake of others.

"If I want to become someone that can pose a threat to them, then I won't avoid direct confrontations. If they realize that Amazon Lily is my home and want to send a buster call, then I'll just have to sink every one of their ships into the abyss."

It wasn't a threat; it was a promise. One that Tsuru knew he was more than capable of achieving.

Even at this point, she was completely certain that in a battle against him, she wouldn't come out superior. The tricks and gimmicks of her devil fruit wouldn't work against him due to that ridiculous 4th Haki of his.

Gion felt much the same, she knew she'd be helpless and that helplessness motivated her to become stronger and try to reach the boy who was less than half her age.

"If that were to happen, would you at least show leniency?" Tsuru requested, displaying an uncharacteristic humble demeanour. It wasn't for her sake, it was for the sake of the marine. As an old person, she knew how to judge a character and she knew Veyron was not an evil boy by any means, but he also wasn't someone that would allow others to step on him without consequences. 

Veyron frowned profusely, anticipating her next words, which irked him the most.

"Those men follow orders, Veyron" She carried on, hitting the spot that itched him the most.

'The man who shot me dead was also just following orders, Tsuru.'

To him, the one that pulled the trigger wasn't any less guilty than the one that ordered it. 

"I can't promise you anything, but I'll try..." He shrugged and delivered an empty promise that would ease Tsuru's worry in the meantime. 

'I'm not on the side of good or evil... I'm on the side of my family. If anyone messes with my people I'll obliterate them... I don't care if they're good or bad'.

Despite feeling remorse for rejecting the goodwill of an old granny, he couldn't compromise and give his word that he would show leniency to men who blindly followed orders for the sake of a wicked higher power.

"Then if that were to happen, I'll do my best to stop it. Believe in me," Gion stepped forward, realizing that the boy she had previously misjudged was not a bad person as well. Sure he may be a bit of a wicked pervert, but that was something she could handle. It had to be due to his young age (or so she thought).

He went out of his way to free these people from tyranny, even at the cost of a massive burning scar on his body. If she could avoid conflict between the marines and him, she would; as in such conflict regardless of who won or who lost, there would only be losses for this world.

"I believe in you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have given you that fruit," Gion said, blushing and shaking her head several times before extending her hand forward.

"Then I'll get your address as well. Don't get shy if I ask you for favours."

"You can ask me for any favours you want, but know that you will have to pay for them~" he teased and gave her backside a sidelong snickery glance and closed in on her. She cracked her teeth and nodded reluctantly, promising that she'd get back at him somehow for this shameless harassment. 

"Then, ladies, it was a pleasure to meet you. Though you didn't help much~"

Tsuru merely brushed her hand several times in dismissal. "It wasn't good to meet a perverted brat like you, Garp was right, you're lawless. A pity we couldn't mould you into a marine."

"Next time I'll resolve everything myself, no complaints then, right?" Gion extended a finger, surprising him with her participation in such a childish tradition. He smirked and hooked her finger with his, although the ritual was a little different.

"No complaints."

Veyron took the three government agents for a flight down to Skypiea. Since Primrose was left behind, he could always follow her vivre card to reach there. He shot down the skies with his body imbued in lightning, using all of his output. This time, he wanted to test the difference in speed. There were at least ten thousand meters, or about nine miles, of distance between the White Sea and the Blue Sea.

BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Like a bolt of lightning, the three of them shot down with a speed that left both Gion and Tsuru breathless, even within the forcefield.

'Let's see how much faster-'

SPLASH!

!!!

A humongous explosion of water resulted from the impact of a heavy object, shooting up to the skies in the form of a water cloud. Before Veyron even realized what was happening, they had already fallen into the Blue Sea!

"Master?!" (Stussy)

"W-What just happened...?" (Gion)

"Brat, that was a lot faster than before!" (Tsuru)

Stussy, Tsuru, and Gion never felt anything; the forcefield cracked due to the ridiculous speed and mixture of forces behind it. All they saw was a fast-forwarding movie of skies and clouds phasing through them before the blue sea appeared, and they sank into it, all in less than six seconds!

It took him a while to process just how ridiculous the increase in power had been. Nine miles in about five seconds.

'That's about five thousand miles per hour! And I'm sure I can go way faster than that!'

He thought thankfully that his mastery over the devil fruit was lacklustre and technically nonexistent; otherwise... a little more than this and the two ladies might have perished just like that if the forcefield had shattered. It wasn't designed to hold such marginal forces.

'If it was just me, I could have travelled at the speed of lightning!'

Just the thought thrilled him to no end. Veyron came to a stop underwater when he realized he did feel a bit weaker compared to the surface.

"What are you doing?" asked a confused Gion, wondering why they hadn't resurfaced yet.

"I'm just testing something."

"Do you need to test it now?"

"I'd rather test it now that I'm with people," he said, referring to people he trusted, although he didn't completely trust them yet. But this experiment was necessary.

He extended his hand out of the forcefield and into the water. The result was him feeling his body become extremely weak, as if a thousand sacks of sand were on top of him. Gion caught on and held his body against hers, much to Stussy's chagrin as she was about to do the same.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Haven't you noticed, Momousagi? This boy ate a devil fruit."

"He didn't have a devil fruit already!?"

"No, the origin of his power is the '4th Haki of Dreamers,' a secret technique that's not known to the masses... the lightning power he displayed is because he ate that baldy's fruit," Tsuru explained. Even Stussy took notes in awe; the existence of this 4th Haki wasn't something she knew, and things she didn't know were very scarce.

Things she didn't know were also things Vegapunk didn't know. 

"So what are you trying to test?"

"I wanted to know if this weakness was going to be in the way of my Psychokinesis."

"Psycho-what? Psycholunacy?"

He sighed and hugged a flustered Gion back, trying to silence her curiosity. The forcefield didn't disappear; the water weakened his body but didn't affect his mind. 'That means this water weakness is something I can circumvent.'

He sighed in relief; the weakness of water was something that had worried him ever since he ate the fruit. After the cracks in the forcefield were fixed, he no longer felt weak.

'It is because the weakness is not water itself but instead sea energy... the forcefield seems to be able to repel it to some degree, interesting.'

Tsuru and Gion watched the lovely underwater scenery not far from the surface, with countless sea creatures swimming around them. The boy was full of surprises.

While still hugging Gion and sinking his head on her cleavage, he resurfaced with them. The marine beauty grits her teeth and resists the urge to drop him.

"So you can even go underwater despite having eaten a devil fruit... is there anything you can't do?"

"I can't grab your fat ass with my naked hand and make it fit; Understand, I'm not a god, Gion... even I have limits".

"Devil child!"

...

Just like that, Veyron was thrown out of the embrace of the harrumphing rear admiral. He knew he deserved it, but it was worth it considering her reaction was always priceless.

He disposed to lead the two of them back to Jaya from where they could take their ships and sail back to the G1 or whatever, but the boy didn't know... that the current Jaya had become a stronghold of marines. 

Two silhouettes walked across the streets. And regardless of where they walked the pirates concealed in the darkest and dirtiest corners, unwilling to come out. 

"It's Admiral Zephyr! Quickly run!".

"Vice Admiral Akainu!".

Two powerhouses had just reached Jaya.

"Vice Admiral Tsuru and Rear Admiral Momousagi are missing... their last report was here in Jaya. I want you to bring me every single scummy pirate... I'll personally question them" Vice Admiral Akainu crossed her legs and sat on a chair, stomping the ground and making everyone shiver. 

Despite her sensual and curvaceous body, not many dared to look down and regard the goods, they were scared enough of her threatening visage. Even with the Admiral standing in front, she took all the attention. 

Soon she'd be promoted to Admiral and the seas would become a dangerous place for pirates for she knew no mercy when it came to bandits and criminals. All of them had to succumb beneath her fists. 

***

Did you enjoy the chapter, leave a comment! Alternatively, you can leave a review, it really helps my book get positioned on the platform.

For every 500 stones in webnovel, I’ll deliver an extra chapter. The schedule is three chapters a week (Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday) in webnovel and scribblehub. The schedule on Patreon is one chapter every day + extras!

Read 5 advanced chapters for just 2$.
Read 1ch x day and get more than 30 chapters for 12$ a month!

http://pa-tre-on.com/photosphere

54