Chapter 6
18.4k 21 190
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I will soon edit my older chapters to be of better quality grammatically, also future chapters should have less grammatical errors similarly.

The following day Yulena attempted to talk to me numerous times after that, though Seris happened to have disrupted most of her schemes. Yulena seemed to have brushed her body against me numerous times as of now, making her intentions even more clear.

Since she was quick to understand that talking won’t get her anywhere to achieving her goals, she took to more direct actions. Little did she know her seduction won’t work on me regardless of how desperate I was. Seris was pretty enraged by then and warded off Yulena any time she went near me.

She was worried needlessly but I couldn’t reveal to my dear sister that I had partly managed to figure out Yulena’s unnatural actions, well until school was over at least.

 

After school was over Seris hurriedly forced me to come back home before Yulena managed to catch up. When we reached home it was time for me to reveal all my intel.

I took a deep breath and slowly mentioned all the clues and facts which I had managed to notice. By the end of it, Seris just stood still and looked at me completely astounded. She must’ve been amazed by my deduction skills surely.

Soon after she processed everything I had informed her of, she finally managed to catch up with her thoughts.

 

“Yeah brother, you’re so smart!”

 

Her voice sounded a bit off, likely due to the strong impact of the truth which I had bestowed upon her. Seris went further and tried to convince me that  I was totally right which was unneeded. Of course, I didn’t reveal my operation that was gonna follow during the night. I managed to forget the operation name too by the end of school, must’ve been something bland and forgettable.

I had to harden my resolve for tonight’s operation as I was risking my life (by escaping Seris’ clutches and pissing her off) for our protection.

 

The plan was simple, first I would head to Parlene Church and get past their guards. After that I need to find the location of their documents which they might have? Following that, I would need to look through those confidential documents, if they happen to have any.

My absolutely foolproof plan was ready which wasn’t foolproof at all. I realized this was really dumb but I was just grasping at straws at this point. Damn, turns out I wasn’t that smart after all.

I soon adorned the mask left our house to go towards the town. Seris was quick to react and by the time I scurried out of there from fear, I could hear her angry shouts saying she would burn down the damn mask after she manages to find me. Guess I would need to make a more secure hiding spot for it.

 

The church where I was headed to was in the populous area of the town of Hales, where our school was also located. There weren’t many people around the area at that time. As I was passing by I managed to hear something interesting. Some girls who seemed to be from my school were ‘smuggling’ photos of some boy who supposedly was also from that school too. I didn’t even know there was a boy other than me in this school. Apparently he was very popular also, so much so that the photos were being sold for a high price, even exclaims of the girls praising them could be heard.

Hearing those words just managed to worsen my self-deprecation and wished to the Parlene goddess that misfortune strikes to whoever the boy in the picture was. With a heavy heart, I left the scene with jealousy burning in my soul.

 

Moving forward while grumbling about the unfairness of this world, I managed to reach the Parlene Church soon. It was a grand church made of white marble with wooden beams embedded into the walls to embellish its design.

It was easily the biggest building in this rural town of ours, seems like the people of Parlene Church happen to have quite a few bigshots. Silently I surveyed the surroundings just to confirm no one was around. After around 3 minutes of wait, I headed in while activating the mask’s skill.

 

Surprisingly there were no guards stationed there. I could easily enter the premises of the building and begin my search. Inside there was a statue of goddess Parlene and a bunch of seats to sit during sermons. It didn’t take long for me to find the office door but it was locked. I didn’t even put locks into consideration during my planning, so I had to end up breaking it with my sword hilt.

The room was pretty much like an old fashioned office room. There were two places where the papers were assorted into, the cabinet and the desk. I first headed towards the desk and took a look at it.

 

There was nothing of much interest in the 1st drawer which only had records of the donations received but the 2nd drawer was where things got interesting. It was a letter from the noble house of Gestalt. I quickly inspected the letter to find some answers.

Sadly as it turns out it didn’t seem to consist of any key information but it did rouse my suspicion even more. The letter in a short summary demanded the immediate transfer of Yulena from the Parelene’s School of Education located in one of the main cities, to the school I went to, Amstorn School.

Reading further it offered a ridiculous amount of gold for making the transfer as fast as possible with Yulena’s signature right at the bottom. Things just seemed more mysterious than before, I was at a loss at this point to finding Yulena’s true intentions.

 

Not pondering about it any more, I headed towards the cabinet in hopes of finding more clues related to Yulena. Surprisingly it consisted of the basic profile of all the candidates who worked under the church along with their photos. Though it’s unlikely that it had a profile for Yulena but I still looked through it just to satisfy my curiosity. Damn, all these girls were really cute, if only it mentioned their 3 sizes also.

 

There didn’t seem to be any information about boys, well males were very rare after all. As I was flipping through the pages I managed to find something that shocked the daylights out of me. A picture of an 8 year old girl with white hair and blue eyes, under the name of Syris.

Obviously this was Seris’ profile but the important information was that… she went missing 8 years ago...

 

“Holy shit, what?” I exclaimed in shock.

 

Turns out Seris didn’t even inform the Church as to where her whereabouts were after she had met me, not to mention I wasn’t even aware that technically I am a child abductor now.

I felt another shock come through me as it also mentioned that due to her high aptitude for magic, she was one of the top candidates to be the next Pope of the Parlene Church, located at Pompar which is easily one of the top metropolitan cities.

Further information mentioned about her being an orphan with no records of her parents either.She was taken in by the Church as a form of charity, which was pretty common due to how easy it was to provide basic necessities like food.

 

All thoughts about Yulena were gone from my mind by now as I wanted to immediately inquire from Seris about her past. Why did she do all of this to hide it from me? I just couldn’t understand. Seris would always be my sister no matter what the truth is, but at the same time I also needed to know more about her past because of how important she is to me.

It’s not like I didn’t ask about her past or as to why she didn’t go to church but Seris just seemed to avoid my questions and made excuses such as it would result in spending less time with me.

Seeing her troubled whenever I asked her so, I didn’t bother her any more regarding that but I had never expected for Seris to hide such an astonishing history.

I left the church soon, lost in my thoughts.

 

This was probably gonna be a long night.

190