11 – Score
3.1k 8 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He actually noticed some of the girls in class looking at him in surprise when he easily passed them while jogging. He was able to go a lot faster and longer than he had during last P.E. class. If it even surprised him despite knowing the cause, how could it not surprise them.

"Alright, Stiersen not as pathetic as you usually are I see," coach Brown said condescendingly when Dave passed him one lap. Dave just remained quiet as there was nothing he could do about it and compared to the bullying by his classmates it was practically a compliment.

After even the last few stragglers finally completed the laps coach Brown shouted "Alright, now that the weaklings have also finished we're moving on to the next thing! Everyone give me 50 sit ups and 50 pushups, if you can't reach that many you better keep going until you can't anymore or else!"

Dave decided to inspect the coach. He didn't absolutely loathe the coach as he did some of his bullies, but he definitely was a dick and if the reward was good enough it wasn't hard to convince him to steal his wife or girlfriend. If he even had one.

[Name: Darren Brown]

[Age: 31]

[Abilities:]

[High-Speed Motor Neurons]

[Increases the speed of transmission of the person's motor neurons enhancing their reaction time. Useful for almost all physical activities.]

That is rather good. Not good enough for him to classify it as a high-grade ability, but definitely in the mid-grade due to its relative versatility. Your total reaction speed would be part perception speed, part how fast your motor neurons get your response to your muscles and finally part how fast your muscles can act.

This ability would seriously improve one third of the equation. His first ability already was working on improving the last part of said equation. If he could get the coach' ability and one that sped up his perception he would be able to severely impact his reaction speed through improving all elements involved.

He had already mentally added the coach on his list of a high potential targets. He would just need to find out if he actually had some kind of significant other, because if he didn't it would all be a waste.

Everyone ended up being teamed in pairs to help with the sit ups. Dave actually ended up paired with one of the less popular girls in class. Her name was Kate. She was one of the slightly chubby girls. Still cute, but not attractive enough to be one of the popular girls which is what lead to her being forced to pair up with him.

In the beginning she seemed a little annoyed, but when she saw he was behaving well and actually was doing half decent in the exercises she seemed to perk up a little hopefully having changed her view on him somewhat at least.

The exercises went much easier than he expected. If it was before he would have struggled completing even 10 of each in a set. Let alone getting to 50 before the coach ran out of patience, but now he actually managed it relatively easily.

When Kate was getting closer to the end of her sit ups and started really struggling he said "You can do it, just a few more Kate."

With a little motivation she actually managed to complete the workout.

"Hey... Thanks I guess," she ended up saying with some embarrassment. 

"Of course, I knew you'd be able to do it," he responded. 

The coach told them they would be finishing with basketball for the day which had a bunch of the boys cheering. They quickly started forming their own teams.

Jeffrey wasn't actually one of the strongest physically, but due to his popularity from his academic performance along with passable performance in sports and a decent appearance he was popular enough to be invited on the team of the popular jocks.

When they formed their team each of them was smirking excited to show off just how much better they were than the others.

There was a match between Jeffrey's team and one of the other team. Dave was happy because he didn't want to face Jeffrey just yet until he was sure he could crush him. For once his luck was working for him.

Unsurprisingly they easily won. Since the coach usually allowed everyone to pick their own team this naturally lead to one team having most of the jocks in it and destroying the other teams easily. If he weren't a dick he might prevent it, but he seemed to believe the hardship was good for the losers and that they might try harder next time.

Next were the remaining two teams which meant it was Dave's turn. Unfortunately, due to his bad reputation they put him on defence off to the side planning to just ignore him the entire game.

Most of the game went by rather uneventfully for Dave. They had intentionally placed him in a spot where he could do the least harm after all. However during one of the attempts by the opposing team they happened to miss a pass causing the ball to end up near him for once.

"Hah! The loser's gonna get it now!" he heard Jeffrey yell from the stands causing his friends to laugh like a pack of hyena's.

Dave ignored him and instead focused on the ball and the others on the court. He immediately started dribbling towards the opposing side's basketball hoop.

He was lucky because it wasn't just his team that had been ignoring him, but also the other team which left his part of the court entirely open for him to make a run for it passing most of the other team's members. With a quick feint he managed to pass the only one left to defend against him and make a throw.

After hitting the rim he worried it might bounce out, but it seemed he had done well enough and it bounced right through the net scoring him a point and silencing the bullies that were still making fun of him off to the side.

It took a few moments for his team mates to realise he scored and break out into celebrations even congratulating him.

the chapter if you enjoyed and if you are looking for more check out my Patreon. Currently 10+ chapters ahead.

104