34 – Territory
2.1k 9 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning wasn't very different from the previous day.

His father was still lazing in bed recovering from drinking late into the night so Jackie and him got to spend a little time together over breakfast. Unfortunately he had to leave early for the personal trainer class preventing them from fully enjoying their morning together. They had to make do with some flirting and heavy petting, but nothing more to their disappointment. It seemed Jackie had fully accepted their new relationship given how she kept searching out his attention and was resisting his father.

The rest of the morning was spent going through the theoretical aspects of the personal trainer job they would be expected to know to guide their clients to their health and fitness goals. They were covering client care, nutrition, lifestyle, building physiques and more. There were a lot of different aspects to being a personal trainer as different clients expected very different things from their personal trainer. Though most personal trainers specialised on a particular type of client it was expected to at least know a little of everything at least.

When lunch came around and the three of them walked out front Kate was already there waiting for him with a bag.

Kate quickly hopped over grabbing onto his arm intimately.

"Hi, I'm Kate," she said holding her hand out to Vanessa with a wide smile introducing herself. She hadn't even said hello to Dave yet.

Vanessa was thrown off for a moment by Kate's focus on her, but quite easily rolled with the punches and happily shook her hand.

"Vanessa. It's great to meet you!" she responded.

Dave being caught between the two wasn't sure how to react. Kate wasn't actually his girlfriend, she still had a boyfriend after all. Vanessa wasn't even a friend yet. An acquaintance at best. Yet he was definitely sensing a weird tension in the air.

Jake seemed to just be a bystander, but that might just have been due to his standoffish personality rather than the situation.

Deciding to just kind of brush past the awkward atmosphere Dave just hugged Kate back. "Great, you're already here," he said.

Kate's smile widened.

"So what did you want to do?" he asked her.

She held up the bag. "I brought lunch, let's go out and find somewhere to eat," she said starting to pull him away by his arm.

"It was nice meeting you two!" she said at the two that were left behind.

All Dave had a chance to do was wave goodbye.

Vanessa and Jake waved goodbye at them awkwardly.

Kate happily dragged him to a small nearby park. They ended up sitting on a small bench. She quickly started unpacking the bag with a selection of sandwiches and sauces.

Dave was a little confused as though they had done some date-like activities this was feeling a lot more like relationship-like behaviour which he felt came out of nowhere.

She ended up sitting very close to him and even feeding him some bites as they shared lunch.

"Brad has been complaining and he keeps asking to see my phone," Kate said.

"Shouldn't he be letting you have your privacy?" Dave asked.

"Yeah, I got so mad. It's not like he doesn't talk to other girls, so how could he accuse me?" she said in annoyance.

Dave kind of questioned this. Though Brad's social status wasn't as bad as his own had been originally and he didn't get bullied Dave heavily doubted Brad was actually getting flirty with any other girls. He had already been lucky landing Kate who was one of the girls in class not part of the popular girls and hadn't even managed to get to first base with her after being together for weeks.

Even if Brad did talk with girls behind Kate's back though that was in no way equivalent to the things they had done over the past few weeks. He wasn't going to undermine his own progress though.

"Right? Shouldn't he be trying to win you back rather than attacking you?" Dave assured her.

"I don't want to talk about him anymore. Did you like the sandwiches?" she asked changing the subject. Meanwhile she was running her hand up his thigh though.

"They were... very good," he said distracted by her hand.

She proceeded to press her generous chest against him by leaning in even closer.

"Just very good?" she whispered into his ear seductively.

"Ahem... uh... amazing?" he said unsure. He knew she could be quite excitable, but wasn't sure what had set her off.

"Hmmm.. better than Vanessa?" she asked.

"Who? Wait Vanessa?" he asked.

She smiled at his confusion.

Finally it hit him what had been going on with Kate.

When she heard about another girl or woman being involved in his life she felt the need to mark her territory. The irony of her not even being his girlfriend in the first place wasn't lost on him. However it kind of made sense. Who would feel more worried about being cheated on than a cheater? And as nice as Kate could be, she definitely was a cheater with the things that had done...were doing.

Before he could even respond further she pounced on him wrapping her arms around his neck possessively while taking the initiative to kiss him deeply. It only took moments for her tongue to make its way past his lips as if she needed to swallow him whole.

He didn't hesitate to join in though pulling her up into his lap and wrapping his arms tightly around her lower back his tongue teasing hers right back.

If he didn't need to be back to the gym soon he could have kept it up forever, but he had to break off the kiss leaving Kate air gasping with fluttering eyelashes. It took her a little longer to recover.

"I'd love to stay, but I have to be back," he said with regret.

"Mhm... text you later," she responded.

Kate ended up watching him head back with a victorious smile. It seemed she had entirely forgotten Dave wasn't her actual boyfriend.

the chapter if you enjoyed and if you are looking for more check out my Patreon. Currently 16+ chapters ahead.

Writing Soundtrack: The Weeknd - Various Tracks

85