Chapter 30 Retreat.
233 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry, for the past few days. My body health just deteriorated. So I can't write some chapters. I am fine now and here is the new chapter.

Jin opened his eyes and jaw wide seeing the notification window that pooped out before his eyes. Kill fifty minions goblin and one higher rank monster he first encounters. Jin cast his gaze away looking at the entrance of the cave Jin found two goblins standing there looking at their surroundings of incoming danger.

The two were just regular goblins and in their hands, they held a bow and a dagger as their weapon. However, he is still in doubt. Because the subject is fifty goblins, and one superior rank is included. “Can I finish the sub-quest?”.

Jin furrowed his eyebrows and put his finger on his lips lost in thought. Trying to find a good answer for his situation.

“Should I just barge in? No, that is suicide”.

No matter how many stats or how strong Jin is. He is still inexperienced in fighting in prolonged battles. They also have an advantage in numbers. Numbers are everything in battle unless you gain a superhuman strength that rivals God, then Jin wouldn't hesitate to choose this method.

“Call somebody else?, but I am alone in this forest here”.

That is why a party is essential as an adventurer. They can cover each other's weaknesses and provide help in case the other needs something or discuss some matter to find a way out, But Jin is currently a solo adventurer so this method is invalid. 

“Abandon the sub-quest? I am afraid there will be consequences for it”.

Jin cast his gaze toward the floating notification window before him. Knitted his brows and sighed. “Damn..What should I do?”.

[Do you accept the quest?]

[Yes or No]

Another floating notification window appeared and it made him decide what he should do about this sub-quest. Now Jin's head is in turmoil, he massages his temple to calm his throbbing head. Jin sighs before he puts his body down and leans toward one of the tree trunks behind him. Keeps his eyes peeled. In case the goblin notices him and ambushes him.

Jin took a peek and saw the goblin that was watching the entrance now sitting leaning on the rock wall, yawning. However, Jin still can’t decide which option he needs to choose for this situation. The notification window is still floating before him, obscuring his view.

“Fifty goblins and one Goblin warrior”.

First, about the fifty goblin Jin have the confidence to defeat that many, but not to confront all of them at once. He can use a guerilla tactic to reduce their numbers one at a time until none are left, but it needs patience. Also, a wider space is not enclosed like a cave. A goblin warrior, he still didn't know what rank the monster was but he probably assumed it was a B or even an A rank monster, for their ability to command that many minions. 

Jin sighs and unconsciously grabs his right ribs. The agony he felt yesterday was still imprinted on his mind. He closed his eyes before taking a couple of deep breaths in and out before opening them again. 

“..Right I forgot. What kind of mentality do I have? If I run in these trials. I feel like my oath and determination feel like a waste”. ("That is right. I promise to get stronger, and to not experience those tears again so..")

Oaths to change his destiny, challenging the unknown with his strength, and the frustration from the loss the other day. Burned his hesitations away.

“..Yes”.

[Sub-quest accepted]

[Good luck in your fight]

“Thank you”. ("Damn it, I am screwed")

Jin muttered those words not toward the system but to himself. He gritted his teeth and gripped his right ribs tightly. Before turning his body facing the two goblins.

“Let’s try that”. 

Raised both his hands. He opened the palms and started to concentrate on gathering mana on them. He starts to imagine what magic form he will manifest in his mind. Once he was done imagining it he channeled more power for more good results.

“The distance is about ten meters, they are being negligent about their guard duty, and ..Kamaitachi”.

[Kamaitachi]

[You activated wind magic level 2]

[Mana used -20] 

[Mana used -20]

[MP: 2000/2040]

Two magics activate at the same time and they travel in a straight way toward the two goblins who still haven't realized what is happening. The magic that manifested from Jin’s hands was some sort of a slash that formed from compressed wind. It was so sharp it could even cut steel. 

““Guuh.””.

[You killed one minion 49/50]

[You killed one minion 48/50]

[You gained 10 Exp]

[Exp: 30/50]

Two heads flying in the air separated from their body, and made the blood spurted and form a small fountain before it stopped. There lay two corpses that didn’t realize how they died with their eyes still wide open. 

Jin lightened his footsteps and, not daring to make a big noise, approached the two corpses. He felt that the other goblins that were inside still didn’t notice their comrade died. Looking at the cave entrance and further back it was dark. He couldn’t see that far ahead. 

“Tch, I can’t see in this dark”.

Jin clicked his tongue and realized that he hadn’t brought something that could be used as a source of light. Scratching his head, Jin thought. “What should I do now?”. He looked up trying to figure out the solution before he remembered he had one skill that let him see those brilliant sparks.

[Jade eyes activated]

Soon his vision starts to change with a brilliant shade of color. It brightens his view and the cave before him. Jin clenched his right fist and started to walk inside. 

Using his Jade eyes makes him able to see in the dark. The interior of the cave is a one-way corridor with a circular pattern surrounded by a natural rock that acts as its floor, walls and even ceilings. The temperature inside is pretty humid and it makes Jin’s pores open up the more he goes deeper. 

Jin walked with a lighted step to not make a big noise. Because one small misstep could be fatal in this situation. Once he found a big space he stopped his walk. Before him stood a two-way path that led right and left. but each one of the paths has different colors engraved in it. The right path is red and yellow for the left one.

Looking from their color only. Jin already could grasp what is the meaning behind the color in those paths. 

“So the right one is the dangerous one and the yellow one is a sign for attention, probably?”.

Jin looked toward the left and right before he decided to go toward the right one. Trying to make sure if the enemy is right at that place or not. Once he stepped on the path the atmosphere changed into a heavy one, his body tensed and it was hard for him to breathe. Jin gasped before gritting his teeth and leaping back, landing with his butt on the floor. 

The pain from the sudden impact on his butt. Is nothing compared to the horror feeling the right path gives him. He gasped for a breath and realized his whole body was drenched with cold sweat. His legs were soft and didn't have the power to stand up. Jin tried to rest himself for a moment before.

“Gyaa..”.

From the left path appear multiple figures. A green skin covered its body wearing only a rag that covered its crotch and a hideous face staring at Jin. Jin also stiffened his body and tried to stand up before the goblin shriek echoed in this enclosed room and rushed after him.

“Gyaa!”.

The others soon follow up and come attacking Jin with their raised weapon. Jin clenched his teeth and activated his enhancement magic.

[Physical enhancement level 3 activated]

[Mana consumed -30 per second]

[Remaining time 66 seconds]

Jin forced his body to roll to the back and took his lower stance. Preparing for the incoming attack. He observes his opponent rushing toward him and he notices that there are only five of them. Next is Jin preparing his quick drawing technique and once the first goblin enters his range he draws the blade from the sheath and bisects the goblin before continuing for the other.

[You gained 5 Exp]

[Exp: 35/50]

The other goblin realized what was happening to his comrade and halted their charge. Jin used this change to strike back; he gritted his teeth before standing up and running forward and killing the other four goblins.

[You gained 15 Exp]

[You level up!]

[Next Exp: 5/60]

[All stats increased by +1]

[You gained +5 BP]

[BP 2374]

Jin didn’t have the euphoria to celebrate his level-up. The ground began to tremble and the sound of hundreds of footsteps approaching his location made his body tense. Then it appears one after another. From the two paths appear goblins, goblins and goblins, it keeps coming and they notice that their comrade is killed inside their hideout. Made them furious and they turned their gaze toward Jin.

“GYAAAA!”.

The deafening sound from their shrieking made Jin cover his ears. In this enclosed space their voice was like a knife that stabbed his eardrums, numbing them. The goblin's horde raised their respective weapons and charged at Jin.

Jin who witnessed that made his hair stand to no end. His body was also drenched with cold sweat. He realized he was helpless in this fight so he chose to turn his back toward the horde and sprinted, leaving the cave. With his body that’s been enhanced. It gave him the advantage in this situation and he soon left the horde in dust.

Once he came out from the cave he ran toward the forest in a straight line. While also avoiding hitting a tree. He ran for a while before he spotted an open space. Jin tried to catch his breath there, but he met with the person who shouldn't have been there.

“Young master, Jin, why are you rushing like that?”.

“Miss, Iris? What are you doing here?”.

8