Book 1 – Chapter 3
1k 2 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Thank you for the invitation.” I smile at Esme as she’s showing me to the living room.

“You’re welcome dear. From what the children told me, you eat food?” 

“I can. I don’t need it to live, it’s more of a craving.” I don’t mind telling her these things about me, I don’t even really mind telling them what I am, the truth will come out sooner or later anyways, but the guessing game is kind of fun.

Arriving at the living room, I can spot the 6 other Cullens, and the honorary one that is Isabella.

“Would you like something to eat?” Esme asks as I take a seat in the armchair next to Rosalie’s.

“If you were already planning on making some for Isabella, I wouldn’t mind a portion. If not, I’ll take a raincheck.” I smile at the motherly vampire as she laughs at my response. “Well you’re in luck.” She winks and I grin.

Facing the ‘father’ I give him a smile as he nods at me. “I’m Carlisle, pleased to meet you. He extends his hand. “Lilith, likewise.” I respond as I shake it.

“I’m curious, you’re obviously not human by the lack of the usual burning in our throats, yet I can’t say I’ve met anyone like you.” His scientific mind peeks through, and I smile.

“I can guarantee you haven’t. I don’t want to tell everyone just yet, as I want Isabella to have the chance, something tells me she’s quite observant.” I wink at her, making Edward growl.

He casts a glance at Carlisle, shaking his head no doubt to a mental inquiry, and I can only assume it’s to let him know his mind reading ability doesn’t work on me.

“Well, I don’t have a lot to go on.” Isabella responds.

Tapping a finger to my chin, I adopt a thinking pose out of habit. “Hmm. A hint then. Most of the written texts would call me the first son.”

“But, you’re not a man, as far as I can tell?” She asks, and I laugh.

“No, no I am not, but that is the hint.” I smirk at her.

“The first son, are you that old?” Carlisle asks, making me shake my head.

“Yes and no. As far as I know, I can assume some of you are older than me. Despite this, I may have existed in some form since the dawn of time, though that person would not truly have been me.” I ponder out loud. I’m not sure if I have a backstory here, considering my ‘lineage’, as I can only assume there would only be one Morningstar, not two, if there ever existed one.

“Dawn of time. First son.” I can hear Isabella mumble, making me cast a glance at her as she scrutinises me. It’s exciting seeing her observe and analyse in real life.

“I assume you’re not a danger to this family or the population of the town?” Carlisle continues his questioning, and I lean back as I throw a wink at Rosalie, who’s glaring at me.

“Not unless it’s self defence or I’m aggravated. I have no particular urges like your kind has, though.” I think to myself for a second. “If a confrontation ever got physical, I could get pretty violent.” The statement feels right, despite being an angel, I am a Morningstar, which means I am equally demonic, or something like it.

Carlisle quirks an eyebrow. “I see.” He states, before casting a glance at Isabella. “There is another group of supernaturals in the area that we have a treaty with.” He continues in a frequency Isabella won’t be able to hear. “I would like to introduce you to them.” I nod at him. “That is fine. While I would prefer to wait with introductions until the next time you’re conversing with them, I can see how it would look manipulative if you didn’t inform them of my existence after gaining the knowledge yourself.”

Esme must have waited for a lull in the conversation, as she calls us from the kitchen. I’m making my way there with Isabella, and Edward in tow.

The aroma of a wonderfully made spaghetti bolognese hits my nostrils, and I take a deep breath before turning to the maternal vampire. “It smells amazing, Esme.”

She chuckles at me, guiding me to one of the seats at the dining table.

The food truly is as good as it smells, but I do take my time to enjoy it.

“Who is tinkering in the garage?” I ask as I finish my plate, despite knowing it’s Rosalie.

“That would be Rosalie, she’s the mechanic in the family.” Esme responds as she takes away my empty plate.

“Thank you for dinner Esme, it tasted professionally made, yet with the feeling of a home cooked meal.” I say as I kiss her cheek, not having broken out of my habits of being a physical person. She wraps an arm around me in a hug. “You’re welcome dear.”

Making my way to the garage, I halt at the doorway to lean on it as I observe the blonde vampire in pink overalls. She’s tinkering with a late 60’s early 70’s Mustang. I can’t really tell the exact year, as I’m not that good with cars, I’m better at fixing what’s underneath, but nowhere near Rosalie’s level.

I’m not sure how long I stand there looking at the blonde. It's probably somewhere between five and ten minutes, yet despite obviously knowing I’m here, she hasn’t paid me any notice, which I see as a good thing, considering it’s Rosalie.

“Is the car for one of your family members?” I break the silence, I can see her freezing for a second, before continuing her work.

“Why couldn’t it be for me?” I smirk at the test. “While I don’t doubt you could use it on occasion, I’m fairly certain you have a bit more of an elegant taste. Aston’s, Ferrari’s, the likes. Sleek yet sexy curvature, and an engine that purrs like a big cat.”

She stops her work and turns to look at me, quirking an eyebrow. “You’re not wrong, how did you come to that conclusion?” Through the power of reincarnation, but I don’t tell her that yet. “I’m assuming the M3 is yours?” She nods. “Yeah, that was more or less what I based it on. Considering I know the Volvo is Edwards, and Emmett is simply too big for this car, I could only assume it’s for Jasper.”

“Not Alice, Esme or Carlisle?” I shake my head at her question. “No I get the feeling Esme is more into practical yet elegant vehicles, I’m assuming one of the two Mercedes’ belongs to her, and the other Carlisle?” Rosalie nods. “Alice is too hyper for a muscle car, I can see her driving something like a Porsche, Lotus or Lambo.

Rosalie goes back to working on her cars, yet just a minute or two passes before she speaks again. “Could you pass me the Allen wrenches?” Stepping up to her toolbench, I grab the set of keys and pass them to her outstretched hand. “Thanks.”

“So can I ask a more personal question about your family that I’ve been curious about?” Her head peeks out from underneath the car, her amber eyes meeting my blue. She quirks an eyebrow. “So I can tell Esme and Carlisle are mated, that is the correct term, right?” She nods. “Then there’s Jasper and Alice, and Edward has some weird thing going on with Isabella.” She snorts, she’s probably still not a fan of Isabella.

“I don’t get that same vibe from you and Emmett?” She doesn’t respond, she simply stares into my eyes for a few seconds before disappearing underneath the car again.

“Pass me the number 12 wrench.” I give it to her.

“No, Emmett and I are not mates.” She states, but doesn’t elaborate.

53