Book 1 – Chapter 11
721 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey there tiger.” I smirk at my blonde. Her head pops up from under my Jag. While it’s in perfect condition, she felt it was too slow for the modern days, and is working on adding some extra horsepower to it.

She rolls herself out from under the car, walking up to me and greeting me with a kiss. I smile into it, before stroking my thumb to wipe away some of the grease on her cheek. “You should clean up, Edward wants some sort of a family meeting?” I ask, despite knowing it’s a thing they do.

Nodding at me, she blurs up to her bedroom and I can hear the shower turn on. Shaking my head in mirth I glance at my car, before turning off the lights and closing the garage.

“Thank you for joining us.” Carlisle says as I take a seat in the living room, we’re just waiting for Rosalie.

Glancing around, I don’t see Isabella, making me quirk an eyebrow. “Shouldn’t Bambi be here, if I am?”

Carlisle shakes her head. “Not for this, she’s not supernatural, and I’m sure my son will fill her in on the important details later.” His statement makes me look at the older vampire with a ‘are you serious?’ look.

“You are aware Edward doesn’t tell her anything, right?” Carlisle’s eyebrows shoot up, but Edward growls at me, making me roll my eyes. “We’ll discuss this later.” Carlisle says, glancing at his son.

In the blink of an eye I’m displaced, now sitting in a cold lap instead of the armchair. I lean back as arms snake around my waist.

“Edward, you called this meeting.”

The boy glares at me, and no matter how old he is I can’t help but think of him as a boy.

“I demand she tells us what she is. Based on what happened to James, she is obviously a threat. She let my mate get bitten, who’s to say she won’t harm our family?”

A deep growl resounds from behind me, making me snake my arm behind my back to push Rosalie’s face into my neck. As she inhales my scent, I can feel her calm down.

Once my tiger is settled, I turn my glare on the bronze haired boy.

“You don’t get to demand anything from me, boy.” I all but growl. “If we’re going to start pointing fingers regarding withholding information. Should we bring Isabella here?”

That makes him shut up.

“Enough. You’re behaving like children.” Esme scolds us, and I give her an apologetic smile.

“Lilith, we are all curious as to how you managed to defeat James.” Carlisle says diplomatically.

“That’s fine. I wasn’t planning on withholding this, it was just a fun little game, but Isabella has already figured it out.” Rosalie let’s go, understanding my intention as I try to stand up. “It’s better if I show you.”

Taking a step into the most spacious location in the room, I unfurl my wings, and a symphony of gasps escape the vampires. Rosalie is smirking and Esme is simply smiling.

“Yes, I am an angel, but that’s not all.” I say as my wings turn black. Carlisle stares at me with an intense gaze.

“The first son.” Like Esme, he remembers my clue. I nod at him with a smile.

“Holy shit, you’re the devil?” Emmett asks, and I laugh at him.

“No, not exactly. Whatever you know about biblical history is false. As I said previously, I am not that old, well, not my consciousness, my soul may be. I’m not a devil, but I am the first and last angel, the first and the last fallen.”

Making a note to myself regarding the information that just comes to me, as if I’ve lived it myself, I file it away for later.

“Does that mean…” Carlisle trails off, and I shake my head.

“I explained this to Esme earlier. Angels and demons are just another race like lycans, vampires, or shifters. There is no heavenly paradise or judgemental hell like religion preaches. They were simply locations, cities, homes.”

“No! I refuse to believe it!” Edward exclaims, panic on his face, and I feel slightly bad for him, despite my demonic side’s gleeful sadism.

“What do you refuse to believe?”

“Hell has to exist! Where else would we go when we’re destroyed! We’re damned, soulless monsters!”

I shake my head with a sigh, while also making a mental note to thank Katie later. I assume the information that is being fed into my head is thanks to her.

“There is no hell, but souls do exist, so does reincarnation. Though you are slightly wrong, you do have a soul.” I say as I stare into his eyes, but I can tell he doesn’t believe it.

Retracting my wings, I take my seat back in Rosalie’s lap.

“Let me explain.” I draw a circle with hellfire, the flaming circle floating in the air. 

“Oh relax.” I tell the tense vampires, I can understand instincts, but I’m not attacking anyone.

“This circle represents this world.” I draw another circle besides the first. “This circle represents another world.”

Making a small skull on the first world, I draw a dotted line between the two, and a stick figure of a child on the second.

“When you die, your soul is reincarnated. It doesn’t matter what you are. A rock, a piece of grass, an animal, a human. Everything that is from the world has a soul, even objects. This soul then goes through a cleansing cycle, stripping it of its experiences, memories, personality. The soul is then placed either in the same world, or a different world.”

I pause, making sure everyone is following along so far, despite the looks of disbelief on some of the vampires.

“This process is mostly automatic, but there are beings that can interfere with this, malicious or benign. These beings are the closest things to what you would call a deity, but they’re not omniscient or omnipotent. There are levels of power, but I don’t know how far it goes.”

Carlisle nods, and I can tell this is interesting to him, as he now is able to research different subjects he’s no doubt been curious about for a while.

“As I said, certain beings can interfere with the reincarnation process, either by just placing them on a world they are administrating, or they can take them out of the entire reincarnation process, letting the soul keep all it’s memories and experiences, and placing them on a different world.”

I can see understanding dawning on Carlisle’s face. “Like you?” He asks, and I nod.

“Indeed. I come from a different world, one of these beings placed me here on this world with an objective, and a purpose once the objective has been fulfilled.”

“I assume this objective has something to do with my family?” Carlisle asks, and I have to halt myself, the new information being fed into my head a bit different than what Katie told me, but that was probably just the short version.

“Sort of, more indirectly than directly. Your family is a focal point, a driving force towards a crossroads that will change the entirety of the world. The beings above want me to observe the process of reaching this crossroads, and upon its arrival make a different choice than would happen naturally.”

I can tell everyone is pondering my words, and the vague way I’m explaining.

“I assume you can’t tell us anything more specific?” Jasper asks, tightening his hold on Alice, she’s no doubt trying to gain a vision based on my decision, but I know that she’s blocked from seeing anything to do with my objective, but not anything personal like me and Rosalie.

“I can’t. For simplicity’s sake let’s say I’m not allowed. I can make small adjustments, like stopping a limb from breaking.” I cast a glance towards Edward, but he doesn’t notice. “Though nothing major, I don’t know why, but I assume it has to do with the far off future, and that the choices made during this time will affect the future drastically. Why this family exactly, I don’t know.” It’s true, I know that the events of the next few years culminates in a climax, but to me it doesn’t seem that important, I could still raze the Volturi to the ground tomorrow if I wanted.

Waving my hand, the flaming circles extinguish.

54