Chapter 2 – Days goes by
380 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being held tenderly by her father for a while, the wizened old man seemed to decide it was time to discuss something with her father.

The old man handed her father a piece of parchment with an unknown language jotted down onto it. 

Her Father nodded and listened intently to the old man’s instructions before a pair of men entered the room. 

These men had a sharp aura appearing broad and strong. 

Both men showed a gaze of complete respect towards her Father making her evaluate his status in this place may be important. 

Awaiting her Father to speak both men stood straighter than a statue as their cold faces remained expressionless. 

That was until her Father gaze turned solemn as he glanced towards her mother and started speaking directly to the men. 

The two men sprang into action after her Fathers words.

Soon enough they came back with an escort, a few of which resembled maids, from what she had seen so far, this was clearly a community of elves since she has yet to see one human. 

Afterwards they left the hut and entered what resembled a tribal community. 

Elves moved around busily seeming harmonious as they went about their day. 

The paths were orderly leading to separate well-built wooden housing near the old man’s hut. 

She assumed the old man from before was some sort of herbalist judging by the equipment in his hut. 

Shortly after seeing her Father escorted by his entourage exit the hut, the elves paused for only a brief moment before seeming to collectively pay their respects. 

Her Father looked like a person of high regard here judging by how heartfelt the elves reactions are. 

Soon enough they past through the bustling elves without any issues and approached a building larger than any previous she had seen within the elven community so far. 

Even from her eyes it appeared exquisitely built. The outside materials seemed to be a mixture of fine stone and wood. At the front entrance is two ornate pillars resembling wolves giving the building a grand appearance. 

She almost shuddered looking into the eyes of the wolves as the frigid gaze of the statues seemed to have captured the beasts cold stare perfectly. 

Upon entering the building there was a buzzing of activity as she and her mother was prepared a lavish looking room. 

Judging by the relieved looks from some of the elves upon seeing the return of her Father alongside her and mother allowed her to realise that her mother must have been rushed to the old man in an emergency. 

That seemed to be why her birth has been carried out at the old man’s hut instead of here.

Soon enough she was gently placed in a comfortably looking crib. And that was when she quickly found herself drifting to sleep. 

A few days quickly passed by without much happening. Promptly after she woke up she found herself in the arms of her mother who doted on her heavily. 

Her mother seemed to be shaken by the ordeal of her birth as she had barely been separate from her these few days, not that she minded it much though because as an infant she could barely do anything anyways and it clearly made her mother happy.

She also found her Father visiting often despite the clear annoyance of an arrogant looking man following him around. 

This man was clearly irritated at her Mother and her judging by the cold looks he gave whenever he thought nobody was looking. 

It was not clear on who he was just yet, but judging by how her Father seemed to give some deference to him he must be someone of importance here. 

He was the first clear outlier she had met among the amicable elves. 

Either way it did not matter much to her anyways as she instantly took a dislike to the man, as anyone who gave her kind-hearted mother such a gaze was an enemy in her eyes. 

Only a few days had passed since she had met her new mother and she was already growing strongly attached to her. 

It wasn’t just the constant showering of affection she gave her, but just by seeing how she treated the other elves here and how everyone seemed to admire her made her desire to protect her grow. 

It is also what pushed her to finally look into what that mysterious entity had pushed into her soul.

17