Chapter 16 ‘A burst dam’
962 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Golden Queen>

Of all the people she chose to speak to like that, her sister was the worst.

'She doesn't seem to learn...'

The golden queen was relaxing in her massive bath. Observing her daughter through the eyes of her familiar. Vultur had begged the queen to stay with Navy, stating he had only wanted to make a friend. 

'That bird really is too naive for his own good.'

The queen was not particularly mad, Vultur was roughly the same age as Navy. Such behaviour was expected of those with little experience in life. She had planned on gifting the familiar to her daughter. It should help her move on from that suspicious pet she was harbouring anyway. So far it seemed they had gotten along well.

'Their little planned adventure around the castle had gone as well as I'd hoped, at least until Cura intervened... '

The queen still harboured some hatred for what her sister did to her. Almost 100 years in slumber, wasted time. She hated wasted time.

'Such a thing will never happen again.'

She thought to console herself.

'There's no way she will try that with Navy around'

 

<Vultur>

Guilt was eating away at Vultur as he watched Lady Navy's punishments. If he never led her out, she wouldn't be in this mess.

'At this rate, she's never going to be my friend...'

Her first punishment was simple. Lightning collars, or 'discipline tags' as mistress Cura called them, sent out a shock in response to preset triggers. There were three triggers, one, use of language considered bad, two, disobeying any commands given and three, which just seemed to be whenever the mistresses' sister felt like it.

"Okay, now give me a half-turn"(C)

Lady Navy did the half-turn, making her face the mistress Cura. Dried tears and red eyes could be spotted on her face. Results achieved by crying for an hour straight.

"I don't like this one... it's not... capturing your full cuteness."(C)

They had taken a break after the second punishment, a "light" beating, when mistress Cura deemed Lady Navy's attitude more agreeable.

Mistress Cura threw another outfit she picked out.

"Go put this on"(C)

"B-but you promised that was the last-"(N)

The golden bracelets around the Lady's wrists and tail started to lighten. 

"I'll put it on! I'll put it on! I was just joking!"(N) 

A strained smile appeared on the face of Lady Navy as she quickly threw off what she was wearing.

'I got to help her... this is partly my fault!' 

"Mistress Cura! I can't watch my lady take all the blame! Please allow me to share her burden!!"(V)

The mistress Cura threw him a bored glance before saying.

"There's no way I would shackle my own sister's familiar-"(C)

Mistress Cura changed her words mid-sentence as a silly grin spread on her face.

"Actually, on second thought, I shall allow it."(C)

The bracelet surrounding the tail of Lady Navy flies off before quickly making its way to his position. It hovered above his head before expanding. With its new size it floated down around his neck before latching on. A burning pain spread around his neck as it positioned itself. 

"Well as fun as this has been, we should hurry up and meet with your mother. It has been too long."(C)

 

<Ignavus>

Ignavus had had a trying day. He thought watching the cause of it fall to the ground unconscious, would bring him some joy, but instead he felt worse seeing the massive bird flop over after biting one for him.

'Serves him right!'

Despite thinking that, he certainly wasn't feeling it.

'My head is definitely messed...'

"Well as fun as this has been, we should hurry up and meet with your mother. It has been too long."(C)

Hearing those words sounded like sweet music to his ears. The Yalery had stolen a lot from him, including his dignity. He couldn't even change by himself.

'Control your expressions, we don't need a repeat of earlier' 

The last time he made the fatal mistake of showing his happiness, he was forced into another dress.

"Before we do that, come here Navy"(C)

'There's always got to be some catch with it.' 

Walking towards the Yalery, he prepared himself for the third round of punishment.

'Just this and I'll be home free'

For every "bad" word he had used, a punishment was added. 'Damn' had got him his lovely new jewellery, 'Awful' had gotten him a thorough ass beating and 'hell' was as left as for a "fun" surprise.

'Though I can pretty much guess what she is going to do...'

Trying to mentally clear his mind, he took each step with determination.

'I might have cried a little but I can still hold my head up high...'

"For this punishment, I want you to remember that I am only doing this for your own good. I am doing this to make sure you don't repeat mistakes. Okay?"(C)

The tone of the Yalery suddenly got serious.

'This can't be too bad right? Just regular tail pulling...'

"Okay..."(I)

The Yalery's tail scooped him up and into her arms.

'What the?'

"Try not to cry too much"(C)

Ignavus still couldn't tell you what exactly happened, but in that moment his whole body exploded in pain.

His body felt like jelly.

He couldn't see properly out of his eyes, sound distorted in his ears resulting in it echoing in his head.

His new limbs felt a rush of something through them. Invading his privarcy in a damaging way.

Both Ignavus's mind and body were suffering.

He needed someone.

Someone to save him.

He latched on to the closest person while letting out a sorrowful cry.

He could make out soothing words. Words trying to ease his worry. Trying to coax him asleep.

He didn't want to sleep. He just wanted to stop hurting.

But his mind was worn out, as well as his body. He gave into the soft voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

40