Chapter 38 ‘Old partner in crime’
676 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Ignavus>

Ignavus couldn't believe his eyes. 

Teen's assortment of clothes was something simply outstanding. Her wardrobe was honestly one of the most diverse he had ever seen. All manner of clothes lined its walls. From the mundane looking to the most fabulous. He simply couldn't believe the choice in front of him. Most of all he couldn't believe she was allowed to wear anything she wanted.

Ever since he had the misfortune of living in demon-controlled territory, he hadn't been allowed to wear anything that wasn't some form of a dress or a skirt. He had argued on many occasions at this unfair and seemingly random rule but any points he brought up were instantly shut down. It didn't matter if it was more practical to wear shorts for training or if he simply had a preference for pants. No one in the house was willing to even entertain the idea. The golden bracelets around his hand were a harsh reminder of that.

Ignavus knew he shouldn't wear any of the clothes they wouldn't approve of unless he didn't value his safety but after having been on a rather dreadful mission, he felt like he had earned the right. The little evil voice whispered in his mind.

'It's not like they are going to know. They aren't even here. Plus, you are the mighty hero. Are you going to let them treat you like a kid?'

Ignavus would be inclined to agree with his little evil voice if not for the reality of his situation. He was a kid, or at the very least, was trapped in the body of one. He was a tiny, and as much as he doesn't want to admit it, cute little girl. A fact that was reinforced by everyone around him. No one took him seriously. Not even kids.

'Even if I can't be like I was before, a little respect wouldn't hurt'

There are many ways to garner respect. One of them was through sheer stubbornness.

Ignavus kept smiling as he went through the collection of clothes.

'At the very least, I can enjoy some freedom while they're away!'

After finding the perfect pair of pants and shirt that screamed respectable, Ignavus almost threw off his battered clothes and changed right there.

"These are perfect!"(I)

"Finally, let's head to the baths"(G)

Ignavus' mood diminshed before he realized the obvious.

No one was there to bath him. He could have privacy in the bath after long last.

'Yes! YES! YESS!'

Ignavus grabbed open the door soon wishing he didn't.

 

"Navy! I missed you so much! Did you miss me?! I was so bored! Is your bracelet itching? Mine is so annoying!"(V)

Ignavus could hardly process the string of nonsense that flew at him, but he didn't need to in order recognise the voice. It was the dumb naive bird that bore part of his punishment.

"Will you stop that!"(I)

Vultur had pinned him between both his feet and was rubbing his head feathers across Ignavus' face.

"Y-you don't like it?"(V)

When Ignavus heard the bird's tone of voice he winced slightly. Vultur actually sounded hurt by his remark. Ignavus was just a little bit appreciative of the bird's sacrifice. One that saved his tail. Enough so that if the bird wanted something small, he guessed he could put up with it for a bit.

"I-I didn't say that..."(I)

"Thank you!"(V)

The bird kept rubbing for a few seconds before settling down.

"S-so... how is your neck?"(I)

'I might need him later as a shield or something. I just got to make sure if he's okay enough to assist me. That's all'

"It's so bad Navy! I can't even sleep! No other familiar wants to cuddle! They keep thinking I'll randomly shock them! You got to help me Navy!"(V)

"H-help?"(I)

"Please let me cuddle with you!"(V)

'D-does he mean to sleep?!'

Ignavus might feel a little indebted to the bird but that was going too far!

"N-no way! I-I don't even think I'm allowed!"(I)

'Wait, allowed?! Since when am I allowed to do anything!? No one allows me!! I can do whatever I want damn it! '

"I'm sure they'll say yes! Please Navy, Please!"(V)

Under the intense pleading of Vultur, Ignavus' resolve started to waiver. The small feelings of guilt towards the bird he had, decided to make themselves known at the worst of times.

'It's not like it's going to kill me, and he did help me out... Plus, it's not like it's going to be forever. Just until the punishment ends. This couldn't be too hard to ignore'

After a few moments of deliberation, Ignavus came to an answer.

"A-alright fine"(I)

"Yes!"(V)

The bird radiated strong feelings of happiness at Ignavus' short words.

'This bird is too simple!'

"Only until the punishment ends! Okay?! A-and get off me!"(I)

Ignavus was not sure if the bird heard the first part from the way he continued to act but at least he got off him.

Getting back up while still clutching the clothes he picked, he noticed four people staring at him.

'Oh...OH'

They had been watching him. Him and his shameful display.

 

<Charish>

Charish was not really sure what to expect when meeting the daughter of The Golden Queen. When her dearest one informed her of the fated meeting, she was about ready to faint. The future leader of the demon race was an enigma. One she had purposed herself in figuring out in order to please and secure the future of her children. She could only guess the possible character the child possessed. A child raised by the Golden Queen was bound to be highly disciplined, elegant and not easily pleased. One would believe her shock when she finally met the child.

The child seemed to lack discipline, was cute more than elegant, and was easily pleased by her familiar.

'What a.... pleasant surprise'

The child was standing with her tail curled around her legs. Her eyes firmly set on the ground. Looking like she got caught doing something wrong.

'Her embarrassment is quite charming, though her condition is rather poor...'

Her clothes were torn, lightly singed and caked in dirt.

Charish gazed at her beloved who fixed his own out the window. She shifted her focus to her children who shivered at her glare. They proceeded to ran up behind the guest and hide. 

Charish could admire her children's naivety.

'That won't save you the moment she leaves'

"Ahem... hey mom. This is Navy. A...a friend we made on our way back!"(G)

"She is very cute and soft!"(T)

"I'm not soft..."(N)

The words of the girl were barely audible.

'What have those kids put her through'

The cute child had most definitely seen better days.

'We need to get her cleaned up'

Charish had been given a rather comprehensive list containing the needs of the young child. She was prepared to make sure she felt like she was home. The maid for the young girl had even personally visited two days earlier to ensure certain standards were met. She brought the necessary clothing and instructed Charish how to take care of the little girl. There was nothing she couldn't do.

Bending down she addressed the tiny girl,

"Hey there Princess Navy. I'm the mother of those little troublemakers. I'm here to care for you for the time being. I hope we can get along!"(Ch)

"O-okay, nice to meet you"(N)

'What an adorable kid'

30