Chapter 61 ‘Plain sight’
644 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Marcey>

'Shit, that was too damn scary'

Meeting the Golden Queen was truly a unique experience.

Stood inside a white massive hall, Marcey tried to recompose himself.

'To think he fought a creature like that... I guess that idiot was a lot more powerful than I thought?'

The dominating aura the queen released was terrifying and even though he was not directly hit by it, he could still feel the power.

'White, do you truly understand who you are messing with?' 

It was a redundant question. White knew better than anyone else who exactly she was messing with. Anger and vengeance have just merely blinded her.

'Damn it!'

"-As for that, you will wait until my mistress herself comes"

Marcey looked up at the demon maid speaking. He hadn't been paying attention.

"Any more questions? No? Very well then. Follow me children"

'What's going on?'

A quick look around the convoy revealed a disheartening sight. The faces of the gathered group looked uneasy. It was an unease that bordered on the line of fear.

After a slight bit of hesitation, Marcey followed the demon maid's lead along with the other children. He couldn't let his cover be blown so early on.

'Separating this soon, I figured I wouldn't be having this easy'

Marcey lifted up his gaze and met the eyes of his former instructor. He still didn't know what her intentions were. Working with White while aiding him get this far seemed like contradictory goals.

'Whatever, doesn't matter'

The only thing that mattered right now was not letting White have her way.

'I should really have just let them kill me. This is too much damn work'

Gazing ahead, Marcey prepared himself. It didn't take a genius to figure out why they would separate the kids.

'Looks like I'll be the first one to meet this new kid'

He had a simple task to complete.

Delivering a warning was easy.

 

<Golden Queen>

The queen blankly gazed upon her daughter. She was overreacting again.

The little girl had leapt off her and ran to the doors of the throne room the moment she heard what she needed to do. It was a good thing she couldn't open them.

The queen let out a small smile.

"So, are you not going to do it?"(G.Q)

The queen didn't need a verbal answer to see the dislike.

"Navy... it's only ten seconds. Didn't you like it when I did it?"(M)

"NO! Absolutely not! It was just embarrassing!!"(N)

"No, it wasn't! It was cute! Amazingly super cute!!"(M)

The queen watched this short exchange. She was unfazed by her behaviour. It didn't matter what her daughter said. She would obey.

"I guess you don't really want to meet that hero after all?"(G.Q)

"I-I didn't say that..."(N)

"Really?"(G.Q)

The queen watched as her daughter begun muttering to herself.

"Y-you said only ten seconds?"(N)

"Yes, only ten"(G.Q)

'My ten'

"O-0h, Okay..."(N)

The queen watched as her little one slowly dragged herself back.

"Ah... can you help me up?"(N)

The queen saw Marie begin to move in order to assist but waved her off. There was no way her daughter can just run away then comeback like nothing happened.

"Raise your arms up fully"(G.Q)

It looked like she had a question but thought better about it.

'Good'

"Now, ask properly"(G.Q)

The queen was no fool. She could tell when her daughter avoided using the correct terms.

"Please help me up... mommy"(N)

The queen felt her heart throb. That name felt really good, really special.

Lowering her body slightly, the queen bent forward and picked Navy up. The little girl briefly squirmed in the queen's grasp before relaxing.

'Does she dislike it that much?'

The sound her daughter made when tickled was precious. Her face seemed lit with happiness. It was a face the queen wanted to see again. It was a face she wanted to be the cause of.

"I-I'm ready!"(N)

'Before that...'

The queen flagged Marie over. She needed to learn. 

The next minute was spent understanding the underlying technique. The best motions for the best results.

"It's... it's just ten seconds, right?"(N)

"Yes, of course. Ten seconds"(G.Q)

In the time the queen had taken, Navy had increasingly gotten nervous. How did the queen know? A small tail had been bouncing back and forth. Hitting her legs.

'Ah, adorable'

The queen reached out her hand. The little girl flinched before quickly closing her eyes and protecting her armpits.

'Do you think I want to hurt you my little one?'

The hand drew the little girl closer. It massaged her back, it played with her hair and it caressed tail. Actions that slowly relaxed the young body.

'That should be enough'

Sliding her hands to their target location, the queen begun.

"I'll count, one"(G.Q)

"Too soon-! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!"(N)

The queen listened to the sweet sound. It was light, airy and full of unfiltered joy.

'What a melody'

The queen fully engaged in her daughter. Playing with her to her heart's content. 

Time passed. First five seconds, then ten and finally fifteen.

"I-It was-hehehe- ten! Ten seconds! Stop! -ahaha!!"(N)

"Don't worry, I'm counting. Two"(G.Q)

The tickling continued as Navy started trying to escape.

"Three"(G.Q)

It had been about forty-five seconds since the queen started tickling Navy. The little girl was sprawled out on her mother. Breathing hard.

"Hmmm... three seconds only? I guess we'll have to continue this later"(G.Q)

The tired look Navy wore slowly morphed into a frown.

'Now, I can't have that'

The golden queen leaned in forward... and planted a small kiss on the little girl's forehead.

"H-huh?!"(N) 

"Marie, take her to her room and see to it she meets the kids afterwards"(G.Q)

"Yes, my mistress"(M)

"Ah, and do be quick about it"(G.Q)

Marie quickly scooped up Navy.

"Wait! What about-!"(N)

Navy's voice disappeared in the same breath as Marie.

'Now to sort out this little issue'

It was about time they properly discussed in what ways the mortals will be handled.

"Now where are you hiding my cute niece?"(C)

The gates to the throne shut with a bang.

'Ever troublesome'

 

24