Chapter 3
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Takumi stepped into the white room, he saw the machine that looked like a VR game console. It was big enough for a person to sit inside and had a helmet-like device attached to it. Dr. Setme ordered him to enter the machine, and Takumi complied reluctantly, not wanting to experience another painful shock. As he settled inside, the machine hummed to life, and a holographic projection appeared on the screen in front of him.

 

The projection was simulating being inside a Super Robot, and Takumi couldn't help but be amazed by the level of detail. He could see the cockpit, the controls, and even the various systems that made up the robot. Suddenly, Dr. Setme's voice boomed through the speakers.

 

"Welcome to your training simulation, Alpha. Your mission is to destroy the five enemy robots that will appear before you. Fail, and you will be punished."

 

Takumi's heart raced as he tried to comprehend what was happening. He had played the game before, but he didn't know how to pilot a Super Robot in real life. He was just a regular high school student.

 

"Wait, I can't do this," he said, his voice shaking. "I don't know how to pilot a Super Robot."

 

Dr. Setme's voice was cold and menacing. "You will learn quickly, or you will suffer the consequences. Now, begin the simulation."

 

Takumi felt a sinking feeling in his stomach as he gripped the controls in front of him. He had no choice but to try his best. As he looked out of the cockpit, five enemy robots appeared on the horizon, their weapons armed and ready.

 

With a deep breath, Takumi activated the controls and made the robot move forward. The sensation was incredible, and he felt as if he was really inside a Super Robot. But the feeling of awe quickly turned to fear as he realized that he had no idea how to use the robot's weapons or systems.

 

Desperately, he tried to remember anything he could from playing the game, but his mind was blank. The enemy robots closed in, firing their weapons, and Takumi panicked pushing random buttons causing his mech to fire blindly at them. The shots missed, and the enemy robots returned fire, hitting Takumi's robot hard.

 

Takumi cried out as he felt the impact and an intense pain that was as if he was really being hit. He realized then that this was no game; it was all too real. And he had to learn how to pilot the Super Robot fast if he wanted to survive.

 

“Ah, I forgot to mention that the chair you’re in has synchronized with your nervous system so any perceived damage you take will actually be felt. Do try your best to avoid being hit,” said Dr. Setme cackling like a mad woman enjoying his pain.

 

Takumi's eyes widened in horror as he heard Dr. Setme's words. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He was actually going to feel the pain of being hit by those robots? He tried to protest, but before he could say anything, Dr. Setme had already pressed a button on her remote, causing a jolt of electricity to run through his body.

 

Takumi gritted his teeth, trying to suppress the pain. He couldn't let Dr. Setme see him falter, or else she would only increase the intensity of the shocks.

 

"Understood," he replied through gritted teeth, trying to hide the fear in his voice.

 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. When he opened his eyes, he was surrounded by a virtual world. He could see the controls of a Super Robot in front of him, and he knew he had to figure out how to use them quickly.

 

As he familiarized himself with the controls, he heard Dr. Setme's voice again. "The robots are approaching. Remember, you need to destroy all five of them to pass this test. Failure is not an option."

 

Takumi gulped and took a deep breath. He had no choice but to give it his all. As the first robot approached, he moved the controls with precision, dodging the enemy's attacks and firing back with his own weapons.

 

It wasn't easy, but Takumi managed to take down the first enemy robot, feeling a sense of triumph wash over him. However, he soon found himself overwhelmed by a barrage of missiles launched by the remaining four. He tried his best to evade them, but it was no use. He failed and was knocked unconscious due to the pain he felt.

 

When he awoke, he found himself face to face with Dr. Setme and an old man he recognized from the game. It was Dr. Adler Koch, the founder, and instructor of The School. Takumi knew all too well the horrors that the children there were put through, and Dr. Koch was partly responsible for the brutal training and conditioning they endured. In other words, he was every bit as depraved as Dr. Setme.

 

The two began discussing how to punish Takumi for his failure. Dr. Setme suggested testing the limits of his regeneration, while Dr. Koch agreed with a cruel laugh. Takumi felt a chill run down his spine at their words. He knew he was in for a world of pain. Dr. Setme and Dr. Koch ignored him as if he were invisible. Instead, they called in an assistant who wheeled in a tray with four syringes filled with a murky liquid.

 

Takumi's eyes widened in fear as he saw the syringes. "What are those for?" he asked, his voice trembling.

 

Dr. Setme gave him a cold smile. "They're for your punishment, Alpha. You failed to destroy four robots, so you will receive four shots."

 

Takumi shook his head in disbelief. "Please, I'll do better next time. Just give me another chance."

 

Dr. Koch chuckled. "Oh, Alpha. You don't seem to understand. There won't be another chance. You either pass or suffer the consequences."

 

Takumi's eyes widened in horror as he saw the syringes. He tried to struggle, to resist, but he was still bound to the chair. Dr. Setme explained that he was receiving four shots because he failed to destroy four robots, each syringe corresponding to a robot he had failed to defeat.

 

Takumi felt his heart sink. He knew he was in deep trouble. He tried to resist as the assistant held him down and injected him with the first syringe. Takumi felt sick to his stomach as the first syringe was injected into his arm. He felt a burning sensation that quickly spread throughout his body, causing him to writhe in agony. He tried to scream, but the pain was so intense that he couldn't even form a coherent sound.

 

Dr. Setme and Dr. Koch watched him with cold, clinical detachment as if they were conducting an experiment on a lab rat. Takumi couldn't believe that these were the people who were supposed to be in charge of his training.

 

He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, trying to endure the pain. He didn't know how much more he could take.

 

The second syringe was injected, and the pain intensified. Takumi's vision began to blur, and he felt like he was going to pass out. But the third syringe was injected, and he was brought back to the brink of consciousness. He could hear Dr. Setme and Dr. Koch's laughter, their twisted amusement at his suffering.

 

Finally, the fourth syringe was injected, and Takumi felt like he was being consumed by flames. His body convulsed uncontrollably as he screamed, his throat raw and hoarse from the pain.

 

As the effects of the injections began to wear off, Takumi was left gasping for air, his body drenched in sweat. He looked up at Dr. Setme and Dr. Koch, his eyes filled with a mix of fear and hatred. He knew he had to find a way to escape, to get out of this place and never look back.

 

Dr. Setme and Dr. Koch simply looked at him with cold, detached expressions. "Your punishment is over, Alpha," Dr. Setme said. "We hope you've learned your lesson."

 

Takumi gritted his teeth and glared at them, but he didn't say anything. The assistant unstrapped him from the chair and helped him to his feet. Takumi could barely stand, his body was still weak from the injections. The assistant led him to a small room and left him there alone.

 

Takumi collapsed onto the ground, his body shaking with pain and fear. He knew that he had to escape, but he didn't know how. He had no idea where he was, or how to get out.

0