Chapter 7
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takumi spent hours each night tinkering with the small spider-like drone, programming it to crawl quietly and undetected. He knew that this was his best chance at gathering information and planning his escape.

 

He started by using the drone to map out the facility, but quickly realized that many of the doors were locked, preventing him from exploring certain areas. Despite this setback, Takumi managed to map out about 30% of the facility, including the location of the labs, the cafeteria, and the medical bay.

 

But Takumi wasn't satisfied with just mapping out the facility. He wanted to know where the cameras were located, so he could avoid being detected as he made his escape. He continued to use the drone, crawling through the ducts and narrow spaces until he finally made it to the security room.

 

There, he saw rows of screens displaying live footage from cameras located throughout the facility. He carefully studied the screens, noting where each camera was located and which areas they covered. With this information, Takumi was able to create a detailed map, marking each camera's location and the areas it monitored.

 

Feeling satisfied with his progress, Takumi returned the drone to his room and hid it along with the iPad. He knew he had to bide his time and wait for now. He spent each day planning and preparing, using his spare time to exercise and stay in shape, knowing that he would need all his strength and agility to make it out alive.

 

The next day, Takumi woke up determined to put his plan into action. He took out his drone and carefully flew it around the facility, noting the movements of the guards and their shift changes. After a few hours of observation, he noticed a pattern in the security cameras' monitoring schedule. The guards would switch between different feeds every two hours, leaving some areas unmonitored.

 

He realized that this was his chance to make his move. He used the drone to spy on the guards watching the security cameras and he studied their behavior. He noticed that one of the guards would often take a break and go to the restroom. Takumi saw this as an opportunity to hack the door to his cell without triggering the sensor that would alert the guards. He carefully studied the door's mechanism and came up with a plan.

 

While the guards were distracted by the cameras, he swiftly hacked the door and left his room, making sure to avoid the cameras' view. He moved quietly, like a ghost, and made his way to a room he had located on his previous drone mission. It was one of The School's many server rooms.

 

Takumi knew that this was a risky move. The server room was heavily guarded, and any wrong move would mean certain death. But he had come too far to back down now. He took out his tools and began hacking the door. It was a complex mechanism that took him some time to figure out, but with patience and determination, he managed to break in.

 

Once inside, he quickly located the servers he needed and planted a virus that allowed him to loop the cameras and shut off the door sensors with the push of a button. He activated the loop and walked back to his room, recalling his drone to him.

 

With this, he could now leave his room and do as he pleased in the facility, so long as he avoided the guards and researchers. Takumi felt a sense of freedom and excitement coursing through him. He knew that he was one step closer to escaping this hellhole.

 

Over the next few days, Takumi explores the facility using his newfound freedom. He uses the drone to map out areas that he hadn't been able to access before, and also to gather information on the guards' routines and movements. He studies their patterns carefully, noting when they change shifts and when the facility is at its most vulnerable.

 

He also accessed the servers on a regular basis to gain some information. He learned things that even Katia and her colleagues hadn’t even known about such as the fact that The School had already marked two more infants they would acquire. They had already given them the codename Aurum 2 & 3.

 

After learning about The School's plans to acquire more infants, Takumi was horrified. He couldn't bear the thought of innocent children being taken away and subjected to the same cruel fate as he and the others had. But as much as he wanted to save them, he knew that he couldn't risk changing the course of history.

 

Takumi understood the importance of Arado Balanga, Latooni Subota, Seolla Schweitzer, and Ouka Nagisa's past and their pivotal role in shaping the future of the world. Although they suffered in The School he knew that any attempt to alter their timeline could have catastrophic consequences, and ultimately destroy the world as he knew it.

 

Despite his inner turmoil and self-hatred for not being able to save the infants, Takumi knew that he had to focus on his own escape. He had to survive and make it out of The School so he could bring an end to their inhumane experiments and prevent them from harming any more children in the future.

 

Takumi spent his days doing experiments and tests while at night he would read the data that the school collected on himself and the others before him who failed to survive the enhancement. He learned why the scientist were making him do all these random tasks. It seemed the enhancement he had undergone had affected him on a cellular level and to bring about the best result he named to be slowly trained to reach heights impossible for normal humans to reach.

 

The VR battles were training his ability to adapt in battle, the painful injections were training his resilience and regeneration, the images were training his cognitive ability, reaction time, and were slowly brainwashing him in the process. Nothing that was happening in this place was random they were just slowly turning him into a soldier. It seemed that Takumi was the guinea pig for this new regiment they had created and if they found it successful the future children would be subjected to it too.

 

Having read enough, Takumi returned to his room feeling restless. He tossed and turned in bed, unable to shake off the haunting memories of his time in The School. As he lay there in the dark, he suddenly had an idea.

 

He got up and reached for his sketchbook and pencils. Takumi had always been talented at drawing, and it was one of the few things that brought him comfort during his captivity. Takumi sat at his small desk, pencil in hand, and a piece of paper in front of him. He stared at the blank page for a moment, contemplating his next move. Suddenly, an idea struck him. He closed his eyes, envisioning a basic mech he had been dreaming of.

 

As he began to sketch, the pencil moved effortlessly across the page, forming lines and shapes that flowed together in perfect harmony. He was in a trance, lost in his own imagination, as the mech he was drawing came to life before him.

 

The mech was sleek and elegant, with curves that gave it a sense of agility and grace. Its armor was a deep shade of blue, with accents of silver and gold, and a large emblem of a wolf's head emblazoned on its chest. The wolf's head was a symbol of freedom and strength, and Takumi felt that it perfectly represented his own desire for independence and power.

 

As he drew, he could almost feel the mech's metal body beneath his fingers, the hum of its engines, and the heat of its energy weapons. He poured his heart and soul into the drawing, adding intricate details and embellishments that made the mech seem almost alive.

 

As he drew, he found himself becoming more and more absorbed in his work. The lines flowed smoothly and effortlessly as if his pencil was guided by an unseen force. Before he knew it, Takumi had created a masterpiece.

 

When he was finished, Takumi stepped back and admired his work. The mech he had created was a masterpiece, a perfect representation of his dreams and desires. He smiled to himself, knowing that one day, he would make his creation a reality.

 

The next day, Takumi woke up with renewed energy and purpose. He knew that he needed to keep pushing himself to become stronger, to keep learning and growing. He continued to work on his sketches and drawings, refining his vision for the mech and imagining all of the ways he could improve upon it. He also continued with his training, pushing himself to the limit and using every opportunity to learn and grow stronger.

0