Chapter 8
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four years have passed since Takumi had his breakthrough and created his mech design. He was now 11 years old and had grown taller and leaner, and his short black hair had grown longer but Katia would stop by every now and then to give him a trim. He didn’t know if it was because of the injections but his eyes had changed from light brown to a piercing dark brown color. He had also gained a scar on his right arm, a reminder of the painful enhancements he had endured at The School.

 

During these years, much had changed. Takumi rarely saw Dr. Setme and Dr. Koch, who were busy enhancing the Aurum Class. This class included Ouka Nagisa, the eldest of six children under the care of Katia. Takumi had managed to get acquainted with Ouka last year, as he was now allowed to roam certain areas of the facility. He had formed a unique relationship with her, with Ouka calling Katia "mom" and Takumi "big brother."

 

Despite being confined to The School, Takumi's skills continued to develop. He had honed his artistic talents, sketching new mech designs in his free time. He had also become more physically adept, using his enhanced abilities to train and push himself to new limits. His training had grown to include hand to hand combat which he was getting quite good at. The greatest improvement he made over the last four years was his piloting abilities because in the previous VR battles the level had been set to level one the lowest difficulty but he fought at level six. There were ten levels in total so he was proud of himself for gaining five levels over the years.

 

One day, while wandering the halls of The School, Takumi stumbled upon a group of scientists discussing something in hushed tones. Intrigued, he had his spider drone approach them and listened in on their conversation. They were talking about a new experiment group and he heard the codenames Bronzo and Latune.

 

It looked as if through the enhancements done to him and the Aurum Class; The School had gotten the recipe down for creating and training enhanced soldiers. This meant they would start taking infants and begin training them in earnest soon.

 

Knowing there was nothing he could do about the upcoming experiment group, Takumi focused on passing all the tests given to him. He had become the top student and hadn't faced any punishments in the last four months, so he wanted to keep that streak going. At night, while the other students slept, Takumi would work on E.L.L.A. (Electronic Lifeform for Logical Assistance), a highly advanced AI that he had been developing in secret.

 

Takumi had created a version of E.L.L.A. during his time as a college student, as part of his thesis project. He wanted to develop an AI that could think independently and help pilots and drivers navigate. E.L.L.A. was the result of his research, and Takumi was thrilled with her performance. However, before he could do anything with it he was killed. When he was reborn in the world of Super Robot Taisen Original Generations, he brought his knowledge of how to create E.L.L.A. with him.

 

Due to the more advanced technology of the world of Super Robot Taisen Original Generations, Takumi was able to take E.L.L.A. to the next level. He spent countless nights programming and testing her, ensuring that she was able to think and learn on her own. She would now be able to communicate with him, make decisions, and even simulate human emotions.

 

Takumi kept E.L.L.A. a secret from everyone, even his closest friends Katia and the others in the Aurum Class. He knew that if anyone found out about her, The School would take her away and use her for their own purposes. But he couldn't let that happen so he kept her hidden away as if she was a living being trapped in a machine. Although he would allow her to freely access the server room and learn from their data. The School was a treasure trove of information and data about new dangerous technology that would be available in the future so if Takumi had a copy of it then the world was his oyster.

 

As time went on, Takumi's skills as a pilot continued to improve. He was now able to easily handle the most advanced mechs and level 8 enemies in the VR simulations, thanks in part to E.L.L.A.'s assistance. She was able to analyze his battle data, giving Takumi an edge in battles.

 

However, Takumi began to notice strange things happening within The School. Students were disappearing, and rumors of a new experiment group began to spread. Takumi became increasingly worried for his own safety and the safety of his friends, but he knew he couldn't do anything alone.

 

With E.L.L.A. by his side, Takumi could finally get information on the world outside The School. He had her search for information on the Earth Federation Army and Bian Zoldark the man who would be responsible for founding the Divine Crusaders and beginning a war with the EFA to turn them into a sword to save the Earth.

 

Takumi admire the man despite his questionable methods, Bian had a clear goal in mind and was willing to do whatever it took to achieve it. Takumi respected that kind of determination and commitment, even if he didn't agree with all of Bian's actions.

 

He couldn't help but feel a little bit of kinship with Lune, Bian's daughter, who had been sent away for pilot training just as he was in The School for enhanced soldier training. Takumi wondered what it would be like to have a father so dedicated to a cause, but also knew that he couldn't let his admiration for Bian cloud his judgment. The man would declare war on the Earth's government and be responsible for countless deaths.

 

Takumi having foreknowledge knew that the threat of extraterrestrial invasion was very real. Bian's research had shown that there was a desire among the Aerogaters aliens to conquer and subdue humanity, and Takumi knew that he had to be prepared to fight against them.

 

Although Takumi felt he would not be able to join either Divine Crusaders or the EFA so that history would proceed as it was meant to. He still had a strong desire to meet with Dr. Bian and Shu Shirakawa. Without the actions of these men, the Earth would have fallen but Takumi was more attracted to their ability to create special mech units. It would be a dream come true to work with them to create a mech.

 

With E.L.L.A. by his side, Takumi continued to train and improve his skills as a pilot. He knew that he had to be ready for whatever challenges lay ahead and that he couldn't rely on anyone else to save the day. All he could do now was to keep training and bide his time until the EFA closed down The School. This facility trained and created some of the best pilots in the world and he would make sure he was one of them.

0