Chapter 9
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takumi woke up one day, his senses somewhat dulled by the familiarity of routine. He knew that today was going to be another day of grueling tests and experiments, just like every other day he had spent at The School. As he got ready and prepared himself mentally for the challenges ahead, he couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. Something felt off, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

 

Over the years he was given a certain degree of freedom for his performance such as the ability to exit his room on his own. He made his way to the designated testing area, expecting to see the usual group of scientists and researchers waiting for him. However, to his surprise, the room was empty. Confused, Takumi stood there for a moment, wondering if there had been some kind of mix-up.

 

Time ticked by, and still, no one arrived. An hour passed, and Takumi's confusion turned into a growing sense of anxiety. He went back to and waited in his small cell-like room, his heart pounding as he tried to make sense of the situation.

 

‘Why was no one here? What was going on? Are the EFA here to shut this place down? No, it’s still too early.’

 

Finally, the door to his room slid open, and the old crone Dr. Setme entered with an unsettling excitement in her eyes. Takumi's unease deepened as he watched her approach, his instincts screaming at him to be cautious.

 

"Ah, Alpha, there you are. Apologize for the delay," Dr. Setme cackled, her voice sending shivers down Takumi's spine. "Today is a special day for you, indeed."

 

Takumi's brow furrowed, his anxiety turning into a mixture of dread and curiosity. "What do you mean?"

 

Dr. Setme's grin widened, revealing her yellowed teeth. "You've been chosen, my dear Alpha. Chosen for an experimental augmentation that will push your limits even further."

 

Takumi's heart raced as he processed her words. Experimental augmentation? He wanted to protest, to tell her that he had already been through enhancements before, but before he could speak, she cut him off.

 

"Oh, I know what you're thinking," she said, waving her hand dismissively. "You've had your enhancements, yes, but your strength and reaction time are still too close to human levels. We need to improve upon that. And if this experiment fails, well, at the very least, we'll have valuable data to work with for the next attempt."

 

Takumi's mind raced as he tried to comprehend the situation. Experimental augmentation meant more pain, even the possibility of death, and the thought of it made his stomach churn. He felt a cold sweat forming on his forehead as he realized the gravity of what was about to happen.

 

Dr. Setme moved closer, her eyes gleaming with a twisted kind of excitement as he backed away. Without warning, she pushed a button on the remote she kept in her possession, and an intense surge of pain like an electrical shock coursed through Takumi's body. Agonizing pain shot through every fiber of his being, causing him to convulse and writhe on the cold, hard floor.

 

He gritted his teeth, his muscles straining against the torment. He could feel his body trembling as if every cell in his body was being ripped apart and stretched.

 

"There, there, Alpha. Relax the worst is yet to come," she cooed, as if she were speaking to a pet. "You're about to take one step closer to perfection now."

 

Takumi's vision began to fade as he saw soldiers and doctors enter the room. The last thing he heard before passing out was Dr. Setme saying, “He’s ready, prep the OR, and begin the operation as soon as possible.”

 

Takumi's world dissolved into darkness as he lost consciousness, the intense pain becoming a distant echo in his mind. Hours passed, and slowly, his senses began to return. He groggily opened his eyes, his surroundings blurry and disorienting. As his vision cleared, he realized he was lying on a cold, metallic table in a dimly lit room.

 

His head throbbed, and his body ached all over. Takumi tried to move, but his limbs felt heavy and unresponsive. Panic set in as he realized the gravity of the situation—he was strapped down, unable to move, and at the mercy of The School's twisted experiments.

 

Struggling to free himself, Takumi strained against the restraints, his heart pounding in his chest. He could hear the low hum of machinery and the distant chatter of voices, but his mind was too foggy to make sense of it all. Fear and anger surged through him as he realized that he was now nothing more than a lab rat, subjected to the whims of sadistic scientists.

 

A figure approached him, their features obscured by the dim lighting. Takumi's breath caught in his throat as he recognized the voice—it was Dr. Setme, her cackling laughter echoing in the sterile room.

 

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Alpha," she taunted, her voice dripping with malevolence. "We thought we lost you there for a second. How does it feel to be one step closer to perfection?"

 

Takumi's mind raced as he tried to piece together what had happened. The experimental augmentation—the intense pain—it had all been real. They had subjected him to another round of enhancements, pushing his body and mind beyond their limits.

 

"Wh-what have you done to me?" Takumi managed to choke out, his voice weak and trembling.

 

Dr. Setme's grin widened, revealing her sick pleasure in his suffering. "Oh, my dear Alpha, you've been improved, refined, enhanced. We've pushed your limits, and shattered your boundaries, all in the name of progress. Now we wait and see what effect it shall have on you."

 

Takumi's rage boiled over, mingling with the fear and desperation that coursed through his veins. He struggled against the restraints to no avail, his muscles burned and felt like they were made of lead. He could barely even move a finger and even that caused him pain.

 

Dr. Setme's laughter echoed in the room, sending a chill down Takumi's spine. "Now now you should feel pride in what we’ve accomplished here together. You're currently our greatest achievement. And with the data gained from this, we can augment the other children your sibling safely. Isn’t that wonderful? Isn’t that what an older brother should do for his younger sibilings?"

 

Takumi glared at her with all the rage he could muster. Dr. Setme walked over to him and place her hand on his cheek as she said, “You know I care for all you children as I would my own. I’m also a reasonable person if you really don’t want to keep doing these experiments then we can stop. I’m sure if you don’t want to help your poor mother then another of your siblings will volunteer.”

0