Chapter 2: Reunion
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where am I?" was the first thing Evan thought when he realized he was in a rather small, completely white room. There was only one door several meters away and a table with a lamp next to the bed he was on.

For some reason, he felt dizzy and nauseous, but the sensation wasn't too strong. When he recalled what happened before he passed out, he saw the door suddenly open, and a person entered the room. It was the man who had said he was coming to pick him up from the orphanage.

The person approached Evan slowly, and when he got close enough, he dropped the serious expression he had come in with and put on a friendly smile before saying, "Good morning, Evan Majitor." Those words sent a shiver down Evan's spine because of how strange they sounded.

He was an orphan with no last name, and his name had been given to him by the first person who took care of him in an orphanage. So hearing "Majitor" after his name sounded very odd to Evan.

"Who are you?" Evan asked with a confused look. He had many questions, but those were the only words that came out of his mouth. The dizziness and nausea were preventing him from thinking clearly.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself," he dropped his friendly smile and returned to a serious look. "I am scientist Alvez Majitor Dravenio." But as soon as he finished saying those words, he approached the bed Evan was on and sat down on the side before saying, "I am your father."

The confusion in Evan's expression grew even larger before the man continued speaking. "I am the person who decided to adopt you." When Evan heard those words, he felt he needed to escape from this place.

For some reason, his instinct told him to flee, but he didn't have the strength to move, and he didn't know the place well enough to escape before being caught again. Just remembering how easy it was for these people to put him to sleep made him very alert around the man claiming to be his adoptive father.

"You must have many questions, but I don't have the time or the desire to answer them all. So you must keep them to yourself until I decide to assign someone to answer your doubts."

The man stood up and said, "Follow me." Evan didn't like obeying the orders of this man, and even less so the fact that he said he had adopted him, but he had no choice but to temporarily listen and do as he was told.

'I just have to wait for an opportunity to leave this place.' That's what Evan kept thinking. He didn't care about the situation he was in, and even less about why they adopted (kidnapped) him. He just wanted to leave without getting more involved with this place.

Exiting the room, all that was there was a white hallway with many doors on both sides, and at the end, the hallway split into two paths that were exactly the same as the ones before. They continued walking, and the structure of the place began to change.

At some point, the doors disappeared from view, which made Evan uncomfortable, as until that moment, he hadn't seen anyone other than the man in front of him, who hadn't spoken a word since they left.

But when they crossed the hallway and entered another one, in which people dressed in white and others in black clothing could be seen, Evan felt even more uneasy. There were many races in that place, from ordinary humans to people with fire in their bodies, blue skin, and other extravagant features.

The people in white dresses were walking and discussing "experiments" and "research," while the people in black dresses had weapons on their arms and remained still like statues.

Everyone stopped talking and gave way to the man who was in front of Evan when they saw him, but once they had walked far enough, they went back to their routines.

Finally, they reached a door after descending some stairs. Upon entering, they found themselves in another empty hallway with windows.

Evan continued following Alvez, and as he observed the first window on the right side of the hallway, he saw something very strange. There were several men watching a child in an empty room through screens. This made Evan even more nervous and alert.

As they continued walking and passed by the second door and window, they saw a very young girl who seemed to be crying, while some types of toys floated around her and the men watching her seemed pleased.

However, Evan didn't care about that and continued following the doctor. They went through the rest of the hallway and saw through thirty windows. In some, people seemed to be tortured, and in others, they were simply engaged in various activities. But Evan ignored all of that and pretended he didn't see anything, his whole body was screaming at him to flee, which made him more nervous.

But the last window he saw shattered something within him. He saw a girl he already knew and used to be close to. She was one of the few people he had some affection for. Although he remembered her being slightly younger and having a different hair color, he could recognize her.

She had a vacant look while being observed by some people, and she looked very similar to the boy he saw in the first room. However, there were some paintings hanging on the white walls. Despite this, Evan kept walking, as he couldn't afford to stop and observe.

He remembered how she used to smile at everyone around her and how she managed to get close to him when no one else could. His instinct told him he should approach and help her, which only increased his confusion about the situation he was in. But Evan could only bite his lips and keep walking. When they reached the end of the hallway, they opened a door and upon entering, they found various types of furniture and scattered papers everywhere.

Alvez sat down on a chair next to the desk in the center of the room and left Evan standing in front of him before he started speaking.

"Evan, to explain to you in a simple way what is happening right now, considering you've never received formal education from a school or other educational institution, is a bit complicated. But I will do my best to help you understand."

A hologram appeared in front of Evan, showing a picture of him along with a great deal of related information. However, much of what it displayed was incomprehensible to Evan.

"Evan, you're 12 years old, yet you have the strength of a level 2 aura user, despite never having received any training or manifested any core."

Evan didn't care about what Alvez was saying, as he could only think about the girl he had seen and the strange sensation that was overtaking him. His instinct had always helped him avoid trouble and not get involved with different types of people. But this sensation was different, and it was the second time it was telling him to help someone, this time the same girl.

"Seeing as you still don't seem to grasp what I'm saying, allow me to give you an explanation of why it's important for you to be as strong as a level 2 aura user. To start, all living beings are born with a core, although it doesn't manifest in everyone, only in a small percentage. Furthermore, the type of energy can change or remain the same upon manifestation."

Evan, whose thoughts were clouded, began to listen to what the person claiming to be his adoptive father was saying, although he didn't understand where he was going with all of this. Alvez sighed, seeing that Evan remained confused even though the sedative's effect should have worn off by now.

"To put it in much simpler terms, you are a special individual who is as strong as adults who have been trained since childhood, which makes you stand out among many people."

"That's why I decided to adopt you and monitor your growth rather than simply conducting experiments on your body like the people you saw before arriving at my office." He put on a very serious expression before continuing to speak. "That's why you must follow all my orders and obey everything I ask you to do. This includes forgetting everything you've experienced so far, as well as the few people you've met or interacted with. Although I doubt that's necessary, since the records indicate that you haven't had many relationships, apart from all the people you've fought with."

Evan didn't care about doing what he was told and only thought about one thing. "What will happen to the last person I saw before entering this room?"

This confused Alvez, as the records he had of Evan indicated that he didn't care about other people. Although they also mentioned that he had gotten into trouble for helping others in the past, simply because he wanted to enjoy fighting and due to his bad luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Alvez felt intrigued by this behavior, but unexpected variables were the most entertaining for him, so he just smiled cheerfully and said, "As I expected from you, you seem to have a good eye for people. You were able to notice that she was special compared to the trash in the other experiment rooms."

"She is a special individual. A year ago, she was just a normal girl, but that changed when she manifested a very special core and became a 'saint.' This makes her much more special than you, but also makes her the perfect experiment." Although Alvez sounded like he was talking about something amusing, it only made Evan feel more uncomfortable.

0