9: The final answer
928 7 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Monday morning, Alex woke up before her parents had left. Still, she decided to stay at her bedroom looking up videos on her phone until they were gone, she preferred not to interact too much with them for now. These days would be very intense, exciting and confusing for her, and she did not want to add having to think about explaining all of this to her parents. Something she dreaded quite a bit.

She left her room and went straight downstairs to have lunch, cereal with milk. A few minutes later, Claire joined her.

“Good morning, b-sis!”, Claire said while yawning. She almost let slip referring to Alex as her brother, but she was tired and she was used to the other form much more, she just needed to be conscious of that.

Alex noticed quite clearly the almost slip of her sister, but ignored it. She knew she was trying and that it would take time. Instead, she smiled broadly when hearing the word ‘sis’.

“Good morning Claire! Any plans for today?”, she said. Her won plans were to stay at home watching series and playing videogames, specifically trying a new one with a female avatar.

“Nope”, she just answered, smiling. “Today I wanted to stay in with my big sis!”

“You sure? I’m glad, but I’ll mostly play video games and watch series on streaming. It’s not really your style”.

“Well, you know, after… yesterday, I feel we should bond a bit more, like when we were children. Don’t you think?”

Alex was quite fond of the idea, so they went to the sofa after breakfast to start watching things together. Alex selected a few series she though Claire might like, which she kind of did, and she in turn selected some of her own, which Alex kinda liked too.

Still, Alex felt quite distracted to properly concentrate and enjoy the series. Once she accepted the idea that she might be a trans girl, she started having a ton of flashbacks of different times in her life that she had forgotten, but seemed to be “clues” supporting her conclusion.

She remembered the time she started in her last school/high-school, and how annoyed she was at the uniform she had to wear. At the same time, she was jealous of the girls’ uniform, which included a skirt. She could not tell anyone, though.

She remembered all the times that she felt inexplicably glued to the television when any gender-bender cartoon chapters were aired, even if some were not that good. On that note, she had also read most gender-bender manga available online that had some kind of plot, while in secret of course.

She remembered how embarrassed she felt at like 7 years old when her parents found her playing dress-up with Claire and she was enjoying it too much and just ran away. She had somehow all forgotten about that until yesterday.

Earth to Alex, which series do you want to see?”, Claire asked her sister, a bit annoyed at her way of spacing out. Alex did not even remember what they had been watching that much. So, she decided to try playing a new game using the girl character, to see how it felt when the NPCs referred to her as a ‘her’.

She plugged the computer onto the TV and started playing. This was an anime-style game with a huge world to explore, and a very big cast of characters. She had been meaning to try it out for quite some time, since the game had launched a couple of years ago, but she did not have the chance. She did share the controller with her sister from time to time, so that she did not get bored, and had a great time. She loved being referred to in feminine, and specially since she had named the main character after herself.

To end the day, they watched a teenage movie from the ones they used to put on TV when they were younger, which they had seen many times before. Still, not for some years, so it reminded them of their childhood.

After the movie, their parents came and they just went to their rooms, having had a very nice day together, for the first time as sisters.

************************************

Tuesday came, and Alex already had her plans set up. In the morning, she would meet her girlfriend and together have lunch outside, in her male form since she was not ready yet, and use feminine pronouns for her the whole meal. Then, they would meet with Claire at her house and Alex would make her final decision.

She put on her regular clothes, an anime T-shirt and blue shorts with sneakers, and went after breakfast to meet Sophie. Alex still owed her a makeout session, but they both knew these days Alex would not be in the best disposition for it.

Once she arrived, Sophie opened the door in her white top and pink shorts. They went to the couch to have a little chat while they made time for lunch, and Alex told her all about the scenes in her past she was discovering now. Sophie was quite interested in hearing them, seeing the subtle ways the signs appeared over her childhood. On her part, she remembered how Alex always said she was uncomfortable in the male changing room, and how she had asked her a few times about how the girl’s uniform felt, but she did not really think too much of it. It seemed that the sign were already there, though.

When lunch time came, they went to a pasta restaurant. During the whole meal, Sophie was talking excitedly about how nice it felt to go out with her cute new girlfriend, making Alex blush quite a few times, while smiling. Alex thought that maybe, when she was ready, they could go out on a date in her female form. She was looking forward to it.

Finally, Alex and Sophie returned to her house to meet with Claire, and she gave them her final verdict. Surprising no one, she had accepted the reality that she was indeed a trans girl, and with a lot of new evidence that she had been discovering (more like remembering) during these two days.

Accepting this truth meant two very opposite things for her: on the one hand, she was now going to really understand herself, and live life like she wanted; on the other hand, she had so much work to do to be able to do it, specially coming out to many different people. Still, she knew her sister and her girlfriend would be there for her. She was both terrified and excited for it.

43