6: Aftermath
669 23 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Voice: EXPLOSION!]

Ophelia felt like her head would explode from several different voices all speaking out at the same time. Celebrating, congratulating, shouting and crying—everything at once. The migraines were back and just when she thought she was getting used to them.

[I was for sure expecting you to die like five times. CONGRATZ ON SURVIVING!!!

Remember, don't let the voices distract you from your beloved FELICIA]

[Coo the poor meatball, it has not found it's lifelong partner, spaghetti yet, poor creature tortured by this cruel world, Why do the god's torture them so?!]

[What have you done?! That poor misunderstood creature, you devils! this is a nice and healthy novel and meatballs must be understood and protected they are a dying species!]

“Why is that thing suddenly everyone’s best friend!?” Ophelia snapped back at the voices in her head. “I’m not about to be killed by an overgrown appetizer!”

[I wonder if you would say the same if you met a flock of Rylarks? Those birds have a nasty venom that renders the victim quite docile and vulnerable to mind magic, and they like to use mind magic to lure a victim back to the nest where they are either eaten or worse used as an incubator. Monsters are best killed on sight. At least those Rylarks I mentioned are more cowardly than goblins, and only attack when they have overwhelming numbers, but they are still quite the menace.]

Hm, those birds sound useful, Ophelia made a mental note of Rylaks. If I got one as a pet that is.

[Well, good job. At least we will see if the level up made you thumb regrow or not.]

At that moment Ophelia realized that she felt no pain. She looked at her left hand—the thumb was back! Good as new! She looked at her legs—the burns were gone. Ophelia quickly checked her Status.

[Name: Ophelia]
[Race: Human]
[Level: 5 (11%)]
[Battle Power: 195]
[Health points: 100%]
[Mana points: 100%]
[20 Unused Stat Points]
[Strength: 3](+)
[Constitution: 1](+)
[Dexterity: 7](+)
[Willpower: 1](+)
[Intelligence: 2](+)
[Physical Resistance: 0.5]
[Magical Resistance: 0.5]
[Physical Attack: 23.5]
[Magical Attack: 3]

I was restored to full health at that “Level up”? Ophelia analyzed the system. It’s one thing to see it as numbers on some tab, but to actually regrow a finger? Ophelia moved and bent her thumb—good as new, as if nothing had happened.

She glanced around looking for her old thumb, but with the meatball’s guts and blood spread everywhere, it was an impossible task to find even if it was still lying around somewhere. The fires, however, did die down, which was very strange considering that dried up wood should have been the perfect fuel for it. Perhaps the fire was reliant on its creator, the meatball?

I wonder what would happen if I cut someone’s head off a second before they leveled up. Would they instantly die? If they lived just long enough what would regrow – a new head from the shoulders or an entire body from the neck? Questions for later. And Looks like the time on “corrupt cheat” ran out, so my “stats” are back to default.

[Now don't forget to train yourself with magic and aura. Seeing how many of your classmates you killed for YOUR Felicia, your aura is huge and should be useful.]

Ophelia had no idea how to train herself with magic or aura. She had skills. Which apparently raised in level the more she used them, but auras...

[I actually think there’s no Aura in the world she’s in, I could be wrong but since she’s using mana for a physical attack skill, something that worlds with aura would normally use, well...aura for!]

[I didn't mean aura as something to use for skills or attacks, but as something that testify about your strength and your emotions.]

The whole concept was alien to Ophelia, so she just ignored it. Her mind was already overloaded with enough strange concepts for one day. And the day wasn’t even over yet!

[Maybe you should increase your willpower and intellect—it might help you find Felicia. Also, make sure to scratch Lucy's ears some more she might let you stroke her belly later.]

Ophelia pressed once on the (+) icon next to Willpower.

[Willpower: 2](+)

It worked, so she pressed a couple more times for it and the same number for [Intelligence].

[Willpower: 4](+)
[Intelligence: 5](+)

She saved the remaining fourteen points for later.

Having dealt with that, Ophelia went to find the catgirl. On her way, she noticed a bloodied and partially dissolved black dress—the only foreign object floating in the lake of blood and guts. This probably belonged to Babette, Ophelia thought and picked it up.

[Ruined Dress Of a Failed Apprentice
Grade: Common
Full Body Light Armor
Dexterity: -1]

“Ugh,” Ophelia groaned. Well, going back into the city naked will probably cause some problems, so this is better than nothing.

Lucy was exactly where Ophelia left her, still naked, sitting on the burnt ground and holding Ophelia’s “gifts” in her hands. The gory remains of the meatball had almost reached her, stopping a few inches from the catgirl's feet.

“I was nyot ready for today,” Lucy muttered looking past Ophelia.

“Put this on, and follow me,” Ophelia threw the useless dress to Lucy. The catgirl complied and put on the dress that was full of holes and barely held together. She even had to tie her own tail around the dress hold it together. That was when Ophelia noticed that Lucy’s tail was also completely healed. This meant that Lucy also leveled up after the fight and was at her full strength.

Did she distribute all of her stats? Ophelia stared down the catgirl. How strong is she now? Did she gain the same amount of levels as me?

Wasting no time, Ophelia brought up her status bar and put all her remaining stat points into dexterity, in the hope it would help her dodge any surprise attacks.

[Dexterity: 21]

With all the destruction it was a challenge to figure out which direction they came from in the first place, but eventually, Ophelia came upon the path they took to get here and from that, she was able to figure out where the rock with her Maid’s Outfit was.

Her heart sunk when the path took closer and closer to where the meatball had perished. Ophelia finally saw the tip of the rock, sticking out of the meatball’s entrails. She rushed to remove the guts around it, but it did little good—the blood had seeped all around. Finally, she lifted the rock and her eyes filled with tears. Not because the outfit was not dark red—it was quite red after the classroom massacre. The smell, however, was, how to put it, disgusting.

Ophelia sighed, folded the outfit, resigning to continue walking naked for a while.

[Is there a conveniently nearby body of water for the two of you to bathe in?]

“Good question!” Ophelia exclaimed and snapped back to life.

“Nya?”

“Ah, erm, on our way here did you happen to see a lake or a river, or something else filled with clean water?”

“Nya, I did!” The catgirl tried to shake off the nasty entrails off her feet.

“Lead the way!”

[Here's a must-have for everyone starting on the path of being psycho.

[Book: Meat bicycles for beginners
Grade: Uncommon
Teaches you how to make your very own shiny meat bicycle]

On their way out of the lake of meat Ophelia noticed a strange bone sticking out. She leaned and pulled it out.

“Nyat is that!?” Lucy asked with wide eyes.

Ophelia held a bicycle by its handle. A meat bicycle The wheel spokes were filed bones with intestines for tires. It even had two training wheels for beginners, made from phalange bones.

“Yuck!” Ophelia let the bicycle go and wiped her fingers against Lucy’s dress.

“Nya!?” Lucy twitched her ears but did not retaliate against such blatant disrespect.

[After taming Lucy more have her wear the clothes you took off she needs some after hers were burnt. A good master always takes care of her friends(slaves)]

“Give the only thing Felicia ever gave me to some random catgirl I met? Are you insane?” Ophelia shouted about sanity to the voice inside her head.

“Nya, again that name! What is Felicia to Nyu?”

[I am pretty sure that Felicia is a really well know, though disliked, person in this world, acquiring information about her should be easier than you think, but PLEASE don’t go telling people you like her, you can’t afford to fight against a whole society with your present capabilities]

“That’s... personal,” Ophelia whispered heeding the advice of one of her voices.

“Oh nyo! Her demons kill someone important to nyu? How tragic!” Lucy’s voice trembled. Ophelia looked at the catgirl who already had tears in her eyes.

“Is there something I can do?” Lucy continued. “You have saved my life-nya! I must repay my debt-nya!”

[I respect your honesty and lack of malice, unfortunately, this also means you are gullible and easy to take advantage of, so please exercise caution]

“I’m NOT gullible!” Ophelia shouted, furious at the mere notion.

“Nya!? Nyot buying the cute kitty act-nya?” Lucy’s demeanor changed completely and returned to what it was back in the Adventurer’s Guild. “Usually it works so well-nya! But don’t worry – I will get nyu to the nyage tower! A deal’s a deal-nya!”

“Just get us to somewhere we can wash up, for starters!”

[Maybe the catgirl will trust you more if you look more like one of her kind. Not sure if I have the ability to send this, but I'll try. You should also make cat noises while talking with her. Maybe this will make her trust you more. Even if you don't receive the item, that is something you can still do! Trust can be quite useful during battle, even if based off of something absurd!

[Cat Ears Headband
+2 strength
-1 Intelligence]

Ophelia looked around. No cat ear headband appeared. She patted down her head. Thankfully no cat ears grew on her either.

But the voices did not stop there! Ophelia had leveled up, which meant she must have had her maximum number of skills raised. And the voices were apparently determined to max it out again.

[Shame about those cookies. Here. I got something else for you

Potion of regeneration
Effect: Repairs damage and regrows limbs
Number of uses: 6
Description: A regeneration potion. Tastes like cherries.]

Ophelia froze in place and looked around. Considering that it was the same voice that managed to effortlessly send her cookies last time Ophelia was expecting to find a potion in front of her. And her fears proved true.

In front of her stood a small transparent flask with red liquid. Ophelia picked it up and inspected the item.

[Potion of Generation]
Consumable
Grade: Special
Number of uses: 6
Effects: A generation potion. Pairs damage and grows limbs. Tastes like cherries.]

“Nyat is that?” Lucy asked pointing at the flask in Ophelia’s hand.

“Don’t know. Want a sip?” Ophelia asked sarcastically

“Nyo, thank nyu! I have allergies!”

[Considering the majority of what we send gets distorted in an ironical manner with the exception of what you can’t immediately or don’t even get a chance to use I suspect sabotage/restrictions from a Universe Administrator, I mean, even if LUCK is not a stat that bracelet was full of negative AND unrelated effects, where a system would tell US “cheating” is impossible an Administrator attempts to punish US for trying]

“That’s one possibility,” Ophelia said. “Another is that you are fucking with me—saying one thing but doing another.”

“Alright, alright, Nya! I don’t nyave allergies!” Lucy confessed. “But I’m nyot drinking that!”

Ophelia ignored the catgirl for a moment. She tried to recall those short moments in the darkness. What did they call it? She tried to remember? Crystel of Malice? No, that wasn’t it.

[Congratulations on your first levels! Sad that you don't even wanna try. But if you ever find a magic item that can sense or send thought, do experiment with the idea, if only just to see if my theory works.]

“Thanks!” That was all that Ophelia said. She was glad to refuse helping the voices to connect to others in this world. And considering that the voices had proven capable to grant skills and create some form of items—with varying degrees of usefulness—she had every reason to actively work against such a possibility.

[Also are you sure you don't want to connect to FELICIA and know all about her or vice versa? I can still send a full psychic control skill if only to let the system degrade it and unlock your psychic potential]

“Ah...” The mere thought of such a full, pure and intimate connection made Ophelia salivate. Such a thing would be impossible in her world, heck, it might be impossible in this world, it would be something only they had.

“No!” Ophelia shook her head. It has to be a trick. Ophelia was not foolish enough to so easily trust the voices that almost got her killed, even if by accident.

[While many of the things that were sent/said to you caused you trouble, at least they helped you defeat the monster in the end! Though, I highly doubt that the items were used the way the voices who sent them were wanting them to be used, so I don't know if you should feel grateful or not.]

The voice tried to argue in favor of other the voices but ended up siding with Ophelia, for which she was grateful.

[Guys. We should probably stop sending her items. At this rate, we are going to kill her. On the bright side, she finally leveled up so keep sending those skills.]

And send they did. Ophelia wished she could block the incoming skills before the voices sent her more perverted garbage. Block! Ignore! Mute!

[Agreed, that being said not all skills will be to your benefit OPHELIA!!!

Skill :
[SLOTH - lvl 1 (2%)
Helps the user fall asleep faster. Additional effects gained when skill level increases. Skill proficiency increases the longer the user sleeps.]
While this skill might not do much now, it will be a wonderful boon in the future, YOU SINFULL CHILD!!!"

Clearly Ophelia’s attempts at blocking were futile. A tab appeared.

[Skill unlocked!]
[Sloth - lvl 1 (0%)
Active. Magic.
Cost: 5% MP
Helps User fall asleep faster. Additional effects may be gained as Skill Level increases. Skill proficiency increases the longer the user sleeps.]

[Skill
[Blood Donation - lvl 1 (0%) – active
#You need a helping hand? Here you can have mine# Heals you half the amount of damage you deal to your enemy (duration: 5 minutes). Duration increases with skill lvl.]

[Skill unlocked!]
[Forcefull Blood Donation - lvl 1 (0%)
Active. Physical. Magic.
Cost: 25% MP
For 5 minutes Heals User for 50% of damage User deals to other Targets if User drinks at least a drop of Target’s blood. Duration increases as Skill Level increases.]

“Wait, are you making me into a vampire now!?” Ophelia exclaimed when she finished reading the description of the new skill she just gained.

Phew. Gotta say—it takes a while to figure out how to sort out all your voices and try to make the story coherent. Hope you liked how it turned out! XD
Will see how this goes - might eventually need to ease off on the items and skills otherwise we'll have a hundred of them before we even get to a fight to use one :D

Thank you, everyone, for reading and continued participation!
For those just joining us:
Type in the comments "voice: ..." and that will be what Ophelia hears and it will impact her actions.

Don't forget to press the small gray heart to favorite the chapters—it helps a lot and lets me know you're enjoying this! ^.^

18