Chapter 16: Down Bad Party (3)
243 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The party creeped upon a hamlet of huts that acted as the main dwelling place for the lamia and lizardmen. There were several dozen such huts scattered about under a looming mushroom. It was the largest structure in the entire forest. 

The cap alone covered the entirety of the hamlet like an oversized umbrella. 

A range of blue and purple light slowly cascaded down from the gills of the mushroom in the form of dancing globules. It was a kind of magic inherent to the mushroom. 

 

You are witnessing the Festival of Snakes! A chain quest is available. The event has the potential to impact other users that are sharing the same scenarios. 

Before the women were hundreds of monsters passionately making love, dancing, drinking, and the like. 

“Why does it keep mentioning this quest thing,” Melody asked, whispering to Ryder, who was behind both of the twins. 

Ryder yawned and dryly explained, “It is a non-distinctive storyline without set parameters. The System is letting us know that the events are significant and interactable. We can choose to ignore or respond minimally to the situation, or we can explore the content deeper, causing the System to generate more related content.”

Melody lost interest, while her sister showed some interest, humming quiet thoughts. 

“Hmm.” 

“We will just ignore it,” Ryder commented, “We aren’t an official party, so it would be kind of pointless.” 

“Sexy time is more important. Fufufu,” Lapis laughed. 

“I’ll lead,” Amber, who remained the most composed of the party, was reaching her hormonal limit, and so, she took the initiative and led the party through the shadows. They bypassed the partying monsters and arrived directly in front of a large opening in the giant mushroom’s stem. 

 

[Do you wish to challenge or enter the boss room?] 

“Challenge,” Ryder confirmed and then looked at the other party members. It was a party wide prompt that acted on a vote. 

 

The challenge has been registered. The boss room will be adjusted accordingly. The boss mobs will also be adjusted accordingly. 

The Harpy Princess’ level has increased (75 → 225). 300 skill points have been allocated. Class has not been adjusted. Abilities and skills remain the same. 

The Lamia Princess’ level has increased (70 → 220). 300 skill points have been allocated. Class has not been adjusted. Abilities and skills remain the same. 

The boss room has become locked. Reinforcements can not enter this space. Escape from the room is not possible. The room, Snake’s Den, will be considered cleared if your party successfully conquers the room. 

“Listen up ladies,” Ryder smirked, pausing for dramatic effect, “If you want your sexy time then kill those two bitches!”

Ryder wasn’t expecting duo bosses; however, she wasn’t worried. It was only the First Floor of the Dungeon. There were no special effects or statuses applied to the bosses. They also wouldn’t possess unique abilities, gifts, or titles. 

Level and stat gaps were much less important than such aspects. A true boss would be intrinsically different from a user. The harder ones, especially ones with subordinates, would even require raids consisting of multiple homeroom classes: over a hundred students and potentially even several professors. 

Ryder could still feel the humiliation from the final boss of the previous scenario. Still, she calmed her beating heart. 

The Lamia Princess charged forward with a massive glaive. 

If the party entered the room instead of challenging the room, they might have been able to interact with the two bosses before fighting; however, the challenge feature for lower tier bosses possessed lower level scenario impact, and thus, the bosses instantly became hostile. 

Acting as the vanguard, Ryder stepped forward while the rest of the party members created distance. 

Her eyes focused, observing every detail as the Lamia Princess slithered forward. 

‘I can’t be hit by a single blow, yet it is faster than me,’ Ryder chuckled at the challenge.

Room of Ice!” 

Cold energy continuously seeped out of Lapis. It crawled across the floor and clung onto the Lamia Princess. At the same time, Ryder received a double stacked agility buff.

Ryder’s purple mana coalesced around herself. The air grew heavier for the monster, further reducing its speed until it was equal with Ryder’s.

‘That solves one problem…’ 

The glaive came down in a downwards arc towards Ryder. She jumped to the side and a localized explosion of dust and air appeared next to her. Tremors in the earth could be felt from that single blow. 

‘Yup, I can’t be hit. It’s a one-hit knockout.’ 

Knowing she couldn’t block and that their physiques created an inherent range disadvantage, Ryder stored her weapon into her inventory and then spread her arms to the side. Both of her hands glowed purple. 

‘I’m going to hug this bitch, nice and close.’ 

Meanwhile, the Harpy Princess flew in the sky. Wind magic emanated out of her body. It looked towards Ryder, but acknowledging that using offensive spells on her would result in friendly fire, it turned its attention to the supporting sisters. 

“That bitch is looking at us!” Melody looked at the other party members, asking them to do something about it.

Amber sighed and turned to Lapis. 

“Little succubus girl. Looks like we got to team up to distract that thing.”

A large gust of wind descended from the skies. Lapis manipulated the temperature of the surrounding area, disrupting the enemy’s spell. 

“Thank you, Sister Lapis!” Melody chimed.

The Harpy Princess seemed to mock them as it flapped its wings. 

Changing its tactics, it launched blasts of condensed air. It once again was aiming at the sisters. 

“Fuck off!” Harmony flipped the bird at the bird-like monster.

Lapis once again blocked the spell; however, it consumed a large portion of her mana unlike before because of the spell’s density. 

The usage of consumables was reset in the boss room, so Lapis’ gulped down a potion, yet even then a battle of attrition was disadvantageous.

“Focus everything on Ryder!” Lapis called out, reluctantly agreeing with Amber’s previous sentiment.

“Haha, buy me time, sweetheart,” Amber stuck out her tongue and then began her preparations. 

“Hmph,” Lapis scoffed, yet given the circumstances she decided to acquiesce. That was until she saw Amber’s movement, “W-w-wait hold up… what are you doing?!” 

Amber ignored her and then bit into Mamori’s neck. 

 

The user Mamori refused to wake up. However, consent to use [Vampirism] has been given.

Uncaring of Lapis’ dismay, several blades of wind descended towards the party.

“Fuck!” 

Lapis screamed and raised her hands. She conjured a wall of ice in the middle of the air. It blunted the blades. 

However, the Harpy Princess pointed a finger and the dulled blades began to reform. 

“Fuck!” 

In response, Lapis dispersed the residue mana with fire. She gulped down another potion. 

‘I’m going to reach my potion limit right from the start!’ 

Meanwhile, in the distance, Amber wiped her moistened red lips. A satisfied look, as if she had just had an exquisite meal, was plastered on her face. She then went to find a cozy spot to tuck Mamori in. 

“Fuck!” Lapis complained again. Her eyes shook and body trembled slightly from the vehement indignation she felt. 

The Harpy Princess, annoyed for her own reasons, turned towards Lapis. Several blasts of air exploded around her.

Lapis rolled around while releasing bursts of flames. The flames helped launch her out of way, while also slightly disrupting the enemy’s attacks. 

Her skin was burned in several places, but considering the craters in the ground, it wasn’t the worse case scenario.

“Alright, I can help now!” Amber declared, puffing out her chest and smiling. Her great bow was at the ready; and because of her vampirism effect, it glowed with Mamori’s mana. 

“...” 

Amber whistled and then put her hand above her eyes as she looked towards the sky. 

“I think she is about to send a nuke are way or something,” Amber laughed then turned to the supports, “I need some buffs over here; magic and strength, please!”

“Shameless!” Lapis felt her hatred grow, but at the same time, there was a tiny sliver of respect growing. 

 

Melody has given you a double layered buff: [Demonic Buff (Magic + Strength)]. Your health will gradually decrease and your condition will deteriorate until you dispel this energy from your body. 

Harmony has applied [Demonic Healing] to you! Your mental state is deteriorating. Continued usage will result in a berserk state. 

Because of your mental condition, an unidentified reaction has occurred. Increased chance of ??? happening! 

Amber nocked an arrow that was as large as her arm into her greatbow. She then fired it into the sky. Through her vampirism, it contained Mamori’s barrier spell. 

The barrier was smashed by a torrent of wind, yet Amber already had another arrow fitted. It too was shattered. However, Lapis then handled the weakened spell.

With that combination, the two could hold one of the bosses down for some time. 

The rest was up to Ryder. 

Like Amber, Ryder received her own buffs: a double stacked magic buff. It was really the only way for Ryder to actually inflict damage on the Lamia Princess in a reasonable timeframe. 

She calculated that ten solid blows would be enough. She just had to not be hit a single time in the meantime. 

Luckily, the speed of the two figures was equalized with a combination of Lapis’ ice magic that lingered and Ryder’s continued application of gravity magic. 

She had already gotten a few hits during all the commotion that was happening at the otherside of the room. 

Ryder dodged several quick jabs that came from above. Each motion came from different angles and positions as the Lamia Princess seemingly danced around Ryder. 

The upper body of the Lamia Princess would kind of swoop in, twisting and curling, when it attacked. At the same time, the lower body steered her in pursuit of Ryder.

Once again the Lamia slithered by Ryder’s flank. Not wanting it to coil around her, Ryder could either move parallel to the movement or intercept and try to break through.

Given the boss could attack and move simultaneously, Ryder chose the latter and rushed towards the tail. At the same time, the Lamia Princess tightened the curve in pursuit of Ryder. 

In a sense, both of them were continuously sniffing each other's asses in an exotic dance: a battle of footwork — even though only one of them had feet.

The moment of interception was the time Ryder could get an attack in. Swerving through the glaive, she landed a resounding slap on the Lamia Princess’ butt cheeks. It visibly rippled, and after repeated strikes it had turned red and swollen. 

 

[Critical hit!] 

Ryder smirked as the boss hissed. While combat was somewhat realistic in Lux’s system, it possessed multiple gamified elements. 

As long as the boss’ health bar dropped to zero, then it would be defeated. 

Furthermore, given the erotic nature of things, the glorious System allowed the Lamia’s butt to proc critical strikes. 

That didn’t mean every erogenous or stimulating zone resulted in crits though; the Lamia’s ass was regarded as a hard to reach spot on top of its amorous nature. 

Eater of Songbirds.”

All of the mana inside the Lamia Princess burst forth all at once. The air dense with the magical energy seemingly pulsed a vibrant green. 

‘Oh, you were also a mage, huh.’

Ryder wasn’t too concerned. She had expected that it was hiding something given that its physical strength didn’t match up to a true fighter class. 

“If you could have used magic, you should have done it from the start. Dumb bitch. Or maybe you liked getting your ass slapped!” 

Ryder felt extreme catharsis at that moment.

Then a curving, amorphous blade descended upon her. Each stab, each slash, and each strike were seemingly multiplied. 

While most of the attacks were illusions, one hit meant a party wipe, so Ryder was unable to be complacent. 

‘...’

With a potion in her mouth, Ryder dodged backwards. It was the last consumable she was allowed to use in the fight. 

Zero Gravity: Absolute Vector Control.” 

Ryder hopped into the air without being pulled back down to the ground. 

Using her mana she could push and pull her body. Her own direction and speed were completely under her purview at the expense of mana consumption.

There were limitations. For example, she could only hover a meter and half above the ground. Still, she was able to twist and turn her body to dodge the barrage of attacks.

Catching the boss off guard with the initial usage of her spell, Ryder landed a solid kick to the Lamia Princess’ chin. 

‘It’s health should be low enough to end this with a combo move… if I can just…’

As retaliatory strikes flew, Ryder, floating upside down, made her body parallel to the ground.

Several attacks missed as she spun about. Yet, another slash descended towards her back.

‘This bitch is trying to cut my ass in half!’

She curled her lower body, tilted her body at an angle, and glided in the opposite direction. She simultaneously used every dimension she could to wiggle her body through the attacks. 

Reorienting herself, Ryder increased her height and stuck out her tongue. Once again she was upside down. This time she was right above the boss. It was above the limit of her ability, but it was fine if it was only for a moment. 

“Die!” The boss hissed and used all of her strength in a fast slash.

When Ryder registered the trajectory of the strike, the biggest shit-eating grin appeared on her face. It practically went from one ear to the other.

Her head was cleanly severed from her body.

“Dumb bitch!” Ryder deactivated her spell and then accelerated her body downwards. Her hands went for the boss’ waist while her foot kicked the boss’ chin.

With both actions combined, Ryder brought the upper body of the Lamia Princess to the ground. 

Following the boss, she practically mounted it and then proceeded to throw punch after punch into the monster’s stomach. Each fist glew in a purple sheen as each blow sent ripples through the thing's body.

Crack.

Crack.

Crack. 

The sounds of bones breaking repeatedly sounded out and then it was over.

The Lamia’s lower body, which had allowed it to maneuver the way it did in the fight, was useless as the upper body was pinned to the ground. 

 

[The Lamia Princess has been defeated!] 

Ryder’s floating head laughed uproariously as it reconnected with its main body. She was completely content. 

As she turned towards the other party members, her thoughts were on the future. She enjoyed watching the little kiddos run from the Harpy’s magic.

‘Haha life is truly great!’

“Help us you dumb bitch!” Amber cursed, suffering mental degradation. The only medicine she received for this condition was a taste of her own. 

Lapis was thus happy despite being equally abused by the Harpy Princess.

Nonetheless, once Ryder finally joined, the Harpy Princess was taken out with relative ease through the use of combination spells. 

Amber sealed its movements while Ryder’s gravity magic enhanced Lapis’ ice projectiles. The effect meant the boss was easily skewered. 

 

Congratulations for defeating a room boss. Please enjoy Reward Room One! May it satisfy your sexual yearnings. 

Additional rewards will be handed out after one exits the Dungeon and scores are calculated! 

 

2