First Quest In A Fantasy World!
1.1k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*THE NEXT DAY* 

Majin woke up completely rested and headed over to the Adventure Guild. She was there to meet up with her new friend Hannah, the big booby elf that acted like no elf she has ever read about. Majin saw her hanging by the bar by herself dressed up in her adventurer equipment. She had a knight’s sword that was about as long as Hannah herself and a leather outfit meant to protect her. No one seemed to be bothering her or looking at her while she posted up against the bar. Majin walked over and greeted her with a smile. 

“Hey Hannah.” 

“Is that what your planning to wear?” 

“Good morning Maji. How are you today? Is what you meant to ask.” Majin corrected. 

“Well if you say so Majin. I already grabbed a quest for us to do while I was waiting.” 

“Let’s get a move on then! I gotta rank up so I don’t have to do any boring missions by myself.” 

Majin and Hannah walked through a magical door that acted as a portal and arrived on a rocky mountain. Majin and Hannah were at the very base of the mountain and their quest was to reduce the local Iron Fox population. These Iron Fox were fox-like creatures whose fur was as hard as iron and teeth were sharp enough to tear through steel. The local populous’s crops and animals were suffering due to the overwhelming increase in iron foxes and requested help from the Adventurer’s Guild. Hannah also told her that the foxes tended to group together as they searched for the fox den on the mountain. 

“How do you plan on hurting the foxes? Can your sword cut through iron?” Majin asked. 

Hannah chuckled before answering Majin. 

“Sort of. I’ll show you once we find our foxes.” 

It took them about 30 minutes to find an opening in the mountain that didn’t lead to encounters they weren’t looking for. Upon entering the den, they were immediately found and the foxes produced the most terrifying unnatural sound that shouldn’t be produced by any creature. It sounded like screams being made by murder victims while some made a type of squirrel chittering sound. Majin stood in front of Hannah and enlarged her fist. She then punched a group of the foxes away but this did little to no damage to the animals and suddenly the entire fox den was on them. 

“Do these things have any weaknesses?!” Majin shouted while punching and kicking any foxes that got near her. 

“Yeah! The locals said their weak to blunt attacks, fire magic, and metal magic!” Hannah answered after knocking away a single iron fox with the butt of her sword handle and kicking off the maw of another one.

Her sword then transformed into a serrated vibrating blade that easily slashed through two iron foxes leaping at her. 

“That’s so cool…” Majin said in awe. 

“Yeah I got it as a birthday gift from my dad. He’s pretty cool sometimes.” Hannah said with a slight blush. 

Hannah landed behind Majin and Majin held Tuff in her hands before sucking up a huge breath of air. She nearly shaped herself into a huge balloon before blowing out a huge gust of wind and engulfing the horde of metal foxes in a sea of flames with Tuff’s fire. Majin and Hannah cheered at the sounds of innocent mischievous creatures yelping in pain and dying to their strength. After the sea of fire extinguished, only the charred, melted, and disfigured iron foxes corpses remained. 

“Quest Complete?” Majin asked with a celebrating Tuff dancing around her head. 

“Quest Complete. Ignore the pups in the back, we’re contracted by the guild to never eradicate a local species without direct orders.” 

Hannah and Majin started collecting teeth from the bodies and stashing them away for proof of the quest completion. 

“But aren’t they going to die without their parents anyway? Not saying that I want to kill some innocent fox pups, but you know.” 

“Nah, they’ll be fine. Iron Foxes can live a full life with a sole diet of iron and rock minerals, but for some reason they tend to act like carnivores and eat whatever they can take down.” 

“I see. Well what’s our next quest?!” 

Hannah took out the quest papers from her back pocket. 

“We need to track down a giant frog and bring it’s body back in pristine condition. If we do a good enough job, we could even get a bonus when we turn it in to the guild.” 

“How are we suppose to carry it back? I mean I’m pretty strong but…” Majin said while flexing her tiny smooth pink muscles. 

Hannah snorted. 

“He sent over a shrink spell on this rune.” Hannah answered while pulling out an old timey brownish looking paper with rune-like drawings on it. 

“All I have to do is flow my mana into this spell and it’ll shrink the giant frog for us after we beat it.” 

“But how did you plan on getting it’s body back in good condition with a sword?” 

“Heh. I have my ways Majin.” Hannah smirked as they walked back to the portal they came from and returned back to the guild. 

Majin and Hannah walked up to the woman behind the counter and turned in their teeth and received their 40 silver reward. It turns out this world’s money system wasn’t anything special. 100 copper is 1 silver and 100 silver is 1 gold. Simple and easy. Majin was ranked up to Class E adventurer thanks to Hannah taking her on a D-ranked quest when she was a Class F. But it seems that she wouldn’t be able to rank up to a Class D adventurer like Hannah unless she proves it by passing the guild’s test that says she’s D-rank material and wasn’t carried along by Hannah. After turning in the quest, they headed towards a different door labeled Galfnaf but before they could head in a tall hairy man stood in their path. He was covered in iron armor and had a fierce glaive on his back. He took a single glance at Majin before returning his attention back to Hannah. 

“Instead of hanging out with her, why not hang out with a real man like myself? You still haven’t given me an answer from before you know.” 

Hannah looked annoyed briefly and then gave the guy her attention. 

“She’s all I need for these types of quests, Jhen. I’ll have to get back with you later about my decision.” Hannah grabbed Majin’s hand and attempted to walk past Jhen but he stepped in front of her way once more. 

“I think 2 weeks have been long enough Hannah. So what is your answer? Will you go out with me or not?” He asked. 

Hannah pinched the bridge in between her forehead. 

“No. I’m not interested in dating anyone right now. I have too much on my plate for something like that Jhen. So can you drop it already?” 

At this point Majin was starting to feel awkward. It feels like there was a story between these two that’s longer than two weeks and her involving herself in the situation would make it even more awkward. 

“Is it because of them?” He asked. 

Hannah seemed on the edge of exploding. 

“And if it is?” 

“Fine. I’ll cool it for now but don’t let them stop you from seeing the future Han. If it comes down to it, I’ll take care of them for you.” Jhen said before walking away. 

“Fuck off Jhen! I don’t need your help!” Hannah exploded. 

The whole building was staring and Hannah quickly pulled us through the door portal. She walked a few feet away from me with her back turned with her arms crossed and foot tapping angrily. 

“I’m sorry you had to see that Majin. It’s just… complicated…” She said while kicking a rock into the gross swamp puddle. 

“Yeah.. I kind of figured.. but hey what better way to take your mind off of complicated things than with a simple frog capturing quest?” Majin said with a smile. 

“Beating up a frog sounds really nice right now…”

And the two were off. 

It didn’t take them long to navigate through the swamp to find the giant frog while avoiding poisonous creatures and annoying animals. They chose to avoid most of the swamp creatures because Hannah didn’t have many antidotes with her. If they tried fighting every creature that came at them or they saw, they definitely wouldn’t be able to make it to the giant frog. During the search of the giant frog, they passed by some trees and were greeted with a large fleshy tongue aiming straight for them. Majin squished herself into a ball and dodged it while Hannah jumped on top of a tree and had her sword transformed into staff with a green aura coming off of it. 

The giant toad sat still in the swampy pond and focused its eyes on Majin. 

“Hehe.. Wrong choice froggy!” Majin grinned as the super-fast tongue headed straight towards her. 

A light blue aura glowed off of Majin’s body as the tongue smacked into her. She got stuck to the frog’s tongue and was swallowed by the creature. Hannah swiftly moved in to try and save her friend but was blasted away at the intense cold coming from the giant frog. 

“The giant frog can’t use ice magic! Is this a mutant type!? Tch! It doesn’t matter! Majin! I’m coming to save you!!” She tried to force herself past the cold force. 

Her armor and arms were starting to get coated in frost. Eventually the cold blasting wind stopped, and the giant frog was frozen in a block of ice. She ran over and tried to break the ice with her transforming sword but was stopped by Majin’s face appearing in front of her. Majin liquified herself and slipped out of a hole she made inside the ice cube. 

“What the hell are you…? You can use ice magic, wind magic, magic I’ve never seen before, and turn into that.” 

“I’m one of a kind Hannah. First of this species and probably last.” Majin answered. 

Hannah just looked at her strangely before shrugging her shoulders and shrinking the giant frog. It turned into an ice cube that she could carry inbetween her fingers and the two walked back towards the portal. The made it back to the guild and the sun was starting to fall. They turned in their quest and received 2 gold and split it even. 

“I’m going to call it a day here Majin. I gotta go back home, it’s getting late.” Hannah said. 

“See ya later Hannah. What do you plan on doing tomorrow?” 

“I got work, so I’m going to be busy all day.” 

“I guess I won’t see you for a while because after tomorrow I got the opening examinations to get to. And after that I think I’ll be staying on campus.” 

“We can meet up here on Saturdays to hangout if you aren’t too busy being freshman at Blue Blood. I’ll be here around the same time as today.” 

“You bet!” 

Hannah left the guild and Majin decided to call it a day as well. She returned back to the inn and repeated her same choices as the night before. The morning after, she didn’t particularly do much. She looked around to spend her newly earned cash on. She entered a clothing shop and spent nearly half of her earned money on new clothes and a map of the surrounding countries. It turns out that the Hazamund Kingdom was located in a very unoriginal country named Hazamund. To it’s east was the country of demi humans, also known as Nhindir. Nhindir was similar to this country in the fact that it had a diverse amount of biomes, races, and creatures. To the west was Galfnaf, a country that was basically made up of one gigantic swamp, which was ruled by a race called Ghetics. No information was given about what the heck a Ghetic was though, so she figured she’d find out later in the future. And to the south were ruled by Trolls. Their kingdom was called Plumnum. Hopefully she would learn more about this world at Blue Blood, but for now it’s dress up time! 

Majin put on one set of clothes she bought and looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a nice little skirt and tunic that complemented her skin. The shoes of this world weren’t the best looking compared to her Majin shoes, so she kept them on and placed the rest of the clothes she bought and her old ones in a magical purse that could shrink and enlarge the clothing. With a grin, she left the inn and went back to the adventurer guild. She walked up to the counter and requested the test to become a D-rank adventurer. The receptionist told her to follow behind her and she took her into a large white room. 

“We will be testing your physical ability, magical ability, thinking ability, and special abilities.” She stated blandly. 

“Okay! Whenever your ready.” 

And that was when the receptionist disappeared and a wooden puppet charged at her. Majin enlarged her fist and crushed the puppet into pieces. 

“Stage Two.” The receptionist’s uninterested voice said through the air. 

A group of wooden puppets appeared. 

‘This time it’s a group of them huh. I wonder if they will stop me once I reach the benchmark for D-rank..’ 

The wooden puppets charged at her without any signs of intelligence within them and tried to attack her but she did the same thing as before. She made her hand bigger and smacked the wooden puppets into the wall, smashing them into wooden parts once more. 

“Stage Three.” 

Two metallic dummies came out this time. 

Majin ran at the dummies and uppercutted the first one. The second one tried to slice her with it’s buzzsaw arm but she ducked and kicked it away towards the first dummy. 

‘I don’t think I can smash these two so easily without some type of body enhancement.. Oh wait! Don’t I have that!?’ Majin suddenly thought with an excited smile on her face. 

“Kaioken!” 

Her body gained a red bursting aura that quickly burst apart and went away. Majin looked confused. 

‘What the?” 

“Kaioken!” She repeated. 

This time the technique lasted a second longer before turning off and Majin realized the problem as the two dummies came at her with their slow and predictable attacks. She has to concentrate while using the technique or it won’t work! She thought her natural Majin talent would do all the work for her but not for this technique it seems. 

“Kaioken!” She yelled for hopefully the last time and she quickly tore through the two metal puppets with her fists. The form stayed active as her clothes and skin took on a reddish tint. 

“Stage 4.” 

This time the opponent wasn’t as simple looking as before. This time it was in the form of an adult human with steel skin. The look in its eyes were still the same though, so Majin wasn’t worried. The creature leapt at her while rearing back a punch. Majin stood her ground and pulled out her shield before reshaping it into a smaller size and deflecting the punch. The punch caused a small crater inside the testing room and Majin whistled. 

“What is this thing by the way?” She asked. 

“A tamed metal slime.” The receptionist responded. 

“Wow…” 

The slime threw very simple and easy to dodge attacks at her with its great strength but lacked any coordination and speed to actually touch her with it. With her Kaio-ken still active, she kicked through the abdomen of the slime and got her foot stuck. 

“HEY LET GO YOU DUMB SLIME!” 

The slime grabbed Majin’s shoulders and tried to glomp her with it’s slime body. 

“Like I’d let you!” 

Majin tore her leg free with force and threw multiple rapid punches at the slime and smashed it into multiple slime pieces across the floor. 

“Hmph! I’m the only one who does the absorbing around here.” 

The slime pieces started moving towards each other and the receptionist’s voice was heard. 

“Final Stage.” 

What appeared this time caught Majin off guard. It was a guy! A muscular scaly-skinned guy with a green tail. 

“I’m surprised someone like you made it to this part of the test. You know you could have left once you passed the third test right? Test 1 is for F-rank, test 2 is for E-rank, test 3 is for D-rank, test 4 is for C-rank, and this test is for B-rank.” 

“No I didn’t know. And when I beat you will I be a B-rank adventurer?” Majin asked. 

“No. But your potential will be set as B-rank for the physical testing. Also congratulations on becoming a D-rank adventurer.” 

“Oh. Well you want to fight anyway?” Majin asked slightly interested in how strong a B-rank adventurer could be. 

“Are you sure about this newbie? You could get seriously hurt and you will have to pay for the healing costs afterwards.” 

“Yeah let’s do this!!” Majin said with excitement. 

The guy shook his head and mumbled something about overeager talents. He then kicked off the ground with his tail and appeared in front of Majin. Majin is getting used to high-speed fighting by now and wasn’t caught too off guard by the adventurer’s speed. She punched at his face and he was nearly sent flying by the amount of power in her fists when he caught her attack. She saw the surprised look on his face but it quickly went away as he swept her off her feet. Majin fell on her back and he had his foot on top of her neck in no time. She tried to get his foot off but it was not budging. So, she tried the next best thing. 

She grabbed his leg and started punching it repeatedly, forcing the B-rank adventurer to raise his foot and try and use the other one but Majin didn’t let him this time. She grew her fist and surprised him. Using his hands, feet, and tail to try and stop her fist’s momentum, it eventually came to halt once he was back to back with the wall. 

“For a newbie, you’re potential to reach the top is pretty much set in stone if you can force me to this point. Let’s end it here. As a bonus, I’ll set your physical potential as A-rank.” 

The receptionist teleported inside the room. Majin turned off Kaio-ken and her body turned into jelly. 

“I can’t moveee. Help meeee.” Majin pleaded as her body turned into a slime-like state. 

She found out that her Majin body wasn’t invulnerable to the effects of the kaio-ken technique. 

‘How embarrassing…’ 

The receptionist tried to pick up her body but it slipped out of her hands and was she forced to use magic. 

“How long will this side-effect last?” She asked unhumored. 

Majin slightly blushed and laughed shyly. 

“I don’t know…” 

The receptionist sighed and then teleported her into one of the beds at the Guild and forced her to stay nearly paralyzed in a bed without anyone taking care of her! Her body turned red and steam blew out from her body. After expelling some anger from her system, she was starting to feel better and gain control over her body. 

“That jerk receptionist! If I didn’t feel that she would kick me out of here, I would punch her for sure!” Majin exclaimed. 

Majin soon left the adventure guild and returned to the inn as a D-rank adventurer. What she didn’t expect was the very next day coming to her sooner than she thought. She spent a longer time in that testing room than she thought because it was night time already and the opening examinations were tomorrow!! She hoped she didn’t need any type of school supplies and they gave her all the supplies she needed because she didn’t buy any pencils or paper. 

*THE NEXT DAY* 

37