Volume 6 Chapter 17:  It’s All Muscle Memory
586 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 6 Chapter 17:  It’s All Muscle Memory

 

"Welcome home, everyone." Diana and Nephele greeted the students as they returned to the mansion. 

"Mmhmm, we're back." Keith nodded.

"..." It was a few seconds before Diana questioned, "Keith, what are we looking at right now?" 

"Ahh, the thing is," Keith scratched his head. He really didn't know how to explain this. Diana was talking about Herrick and Alfia. There weren't any changes as they returned to the mansion. Well, at least they knew how to walk. But that was about it. Doing other things was an entirely different matter. 

"They're wearing it because they failed their assignment," Keith explained. 

"I see."

Everyone went to the backyard. It had become a usual thing when they returned from classes. Usually, it was calm and fun. 

"Hey! I was trying to eat an apple!"

"And I'm trying to spar!"

Alfia and Herrick glared at one another again. 

"This will happen for a few days, so bear with it."

"Understood." Diana nodded, "Also, how will they clean the mansion?"

"..." Are you serious? You still want them to clean with those cuffs on?  

"They need some practice with it on. So Alfia, Herrick. Get to work." Keith stated with a calm voice.

"..." The two gave him a weird look. So, too, did the others. This was going to be horrible.

"Wait, why do they need to clean?" Carolyn was confused.

"Ahh, I should explain it to you," Sarah explained the incident. 

"You guys need to start cleaning as well." 

...

"I can't believe the first thing we have to do is clean," Melor muttered. He was cleaning the lobby. Gabriel shrugged, "He told us we have to do it for a week."

"And should we really not help them?" Melor looked at the second lobby. 

"Stop pulling!"

"Same here!" Herrick and Alfia were doing a push-and-pull game. One person pulled while the other had to push.  

"This is going to be a war zone." 

"Indeed."

...

"You're so mean, Keith." Carolyn sighed. She could hear the explosiveness inside. She was resting with Keith in the backyard.

"It's punishment for firing magic inside." Keith drank his juice casually. 

"By the way, Keith. When am I going to get my special snack?" Nephele's body moved back and forth, eager to get it. 

"I will have it ready for you later. Don't worry about it." Keith chuckled. 

...

"Professor Aidiun, can't you do something about this?!" Alfia turned to Aidiun. She couldn't take it any longer. Tennol did say the manager could take it off.

"But you guys aren't sleeping yet." 

"It's affecting my health! I don't think I can take it!" Herrick agreed with her for once! He was going to grab his head, but he remembered what happened. There were so many things he couldn't do. 

"Suck it up. You guys need to get used to it." Aidiun sighed.

The two groaned. The two kept arguing with one another before they went to bed. 

"And I'm off! See you guys later!" Keith waved his hand. However, the same couldn't be said for Alfia and Herrick. Their eyes were dark and groggy, like they wanted to hurt someone. 

Keith dragged his cart to his usual spot. What awaited him was a long line. 

"Kid, set up your cart!" Cedric stated. 

"Yo!" Keith raised his hand as he set up his cart, "Please get on line for me to take your order!" This was the usual process. While Keith got everyone's order, he started to cook everything up. While he did,

"Good morning, Boss." Keith looked up to see a pair of elves. 

"Hello, Mr. Fin and Mr.Lin." Keith greeted the two, "Do you guys want your usual?" 

"Mmhmm." "Understood. Please give me a minute." 

"Is it just me, or is he going at it faster?" Fin muttered as he watched Keith work. Cedric thought about it, 

"Now that you have mentioned it." Every time Keith set up his cart, there would be an increase in speed. It was subtle. However, compared to the first day he opened, he was much faster.

"It's because it's more muscle memory," Keith answered the group. 

"When you do it as long as I have, the techniques you use just become ingrained into your body." Keith was running on default. 

"I see."  Fin and the others took a step back.

"Isn't it more insane that he's capable of doing something like that?" Fin whispered to Cedric. 

"I'm more surprised he could do that while talking." That was not only muscle memory. It was skills and talent added together. He took orders while he worked. 

"What are you guys saying?" Keith couldn't hear them. 

"Nothing! You don't need to worry about it." 

"I see. Your order is up." Keith smiled as he handed the order out to Fin and Lin. When he did, they were excited as they ate.

"Even when I eat it a hundred times, I still can't get the taste out of my mind."

"It's one of the things you can't fathom," Lin muttered. 

"Hmmm," Keith continued to hum as he worked. After some time, he took something out to drink.

16