Ch.50
350 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We then spent the next few days for Milotic to enjoy the ocean and my diving along with her. Then I decided to see the Sky Pillar everyone talked about, which was closed off to the public but with my identity, I will be able to easily access it. Walking there I see the ancient-looking tower that is built from large stone bricks each bigger than me. 

There were several guards in the area who after checking my identity let me through. I saw that the pillar had been reinforced over the years however, it was still in its original build mostly. Inside I saw a large amount of lab equipment set up and only two researchers who appeared to be arguing over something. 

"We are fine! You don't need to check on us every five minutes!" one of the researchers says snapping his head toward me with annoyance written all over his face. 

"I'm not one of the guards. I'm here to see this place for–" I start to say. 

"What?! Then who the hell are you and how'd you get in here?!" the other researcher says grabbing the walkie next to them ready to call the guards back in here. 

"Calm down and–" I start to say again. 

"Guards! We have an intruder in the lab!" the researcher yells into the walkie with a very panicked voice. 

A few seconds later several guards rushed into the lab, but they knew I had access so they ignored me while looking around the lab with their Pokémon doing the same. Seeing the guards not bothering the researchers looked confused and annoyed again. 

"He's right there you blind idiots!" the first researcher says gesturing to me. 

"Sirs, he is–" the one guard tries to explain. 

"Get him out of–" the researcher starts to say as now I've lost my patience. 

"Silence them Annihilape," I say with Annihilape appearing right in front of the researchers and grabbing their throats making them grasp for air. Though he is ensuring they don't pass out or die, letting them only barely able to breathe and talk. 

"Now listen you two fucking rude assholes. First, I understand your confusion, but at least try to listen to the guards who seem to be fine with my presence. Second, I'm Champion Ranked Trainer Lucas Brinton," I say showing them my ID as Annihilape is holding them still. 

"I'm here to just see the tower for myself. Not only am I a Champion Ranked Trainer, but also a part of the League Exploration Unit. So it is literally a part of my duties to explore the world, I'm more than allowed to be here. If you want I can call the President of the Pokémon league for you," I say as I motion to Annihilape to lessen the grip on their throats allowing them to speak better. 

"I see… Sorry for the rude behavior… If you want to know anything just ask us," the other researcher says as the guards look at the situation awkwardly but leave knowing I have a lot of pull in the league. 

"No, I'd rather not speak with you two any more than I already have. Just show me the research of this place on file," I say as Annihilape now releases them and disappears back into my shadow.

"It's on that computer," the first researcher says and I nod walking over to it. I scan my ID granting me access immediately to the files. 

I then begin reading the information about this place as the two researchers go back to whatever they were doing originally. However, this time they are very quiet and shoot me nervous looks once in a while. After reading what I could, I walked over to the lab that granted access to the inside of the tower and swiped my way into it. The two researchers shot me one last scared look before going back to work. 

"I'm not sensing anything… this place is completely empty," I say as we walk to the top of the pillar which seems to be several stories tall. 

"This place is an ancient residual energy… but nothing else," Annihilape says to me having sensed the area too. When it comes to ancient residual energies I have a hard time detecting them, but Annihilape is more sensible to them than me. 

"From what I know this place was the meeting area where the ancient people would leave offerings to an ancient and legendary Pokémon," I say thinking about Rayquaza, who was my favorite legendary in my past life and a Pokémon I'd love to meet in person. 

On the way up I can see the ancient carvings on the walls of the tower showing the old story passed down in this region. It showed that roughly 2,000 years ago, during Hoenn's primal age, the world was overflowing with natural energy. Groudon and Kyogre were born from that natural energy. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre fought over that energy in long clashes, creating natural disasters in the process. The Hoenn region was created from these clashes. In the face of their great power, people could do nothing. But Rayquaza intervened, and its power overwhelmed that of the two primal Pokémon, ending their conflict and returning peace to the world.

A thousand years later, a meteoroid hit the earth, creating what would become Sootopolis City. This impact caused cracks in the ground that unleashed natural energy, causing Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to battle each other again, threatening to destroy the world in the process. Humans had a collective memory of how Rayquaza saved their race long ago, and their wish for this to happen again combined with the power of the Meteorite allowed Rayquaza to temporarily evolve (Mega Evolve) for the first time and calm the other two Pokémon. Stripped of their primal forms, Groudon and Kyogre entered a deep slumber in their respective homes while Rayquaza returned to the sky.

The rumor is that the Sky Pillar was then created by the Draconids people to honor and preserve the super-ancient Pokémon's history. They also prepared for the day when Rayquaza would be needed again upon the eventual appearance of the Grand Meteor Delta. Then the Red Orb and Blue Orb, which are currently only known about by higher-ups in the League, myself included, were created in case Groudon and Kyogre returned, with the power to calm down the two of them without the aid of Rayquaza.

As we reached the top of the tower, I could see the surrounding Islands from this height. As I was now maybe a mile above sea level (~5000ft, ~1.5km), I can see why the ancient people thought this to be the key to the sky. In the center of the top of the tower is a chunk of the old meteorite that originally fell here. It appears to be completely fused to the stand it is on, making it impossible to remove without destroying it in the process. 

"I wish there was a way to summon the ancient Pokémon, I'd love to have met it," I say while looking around and enjoying this amazing view. 

I then walked over to the meteor and placed my hands on it and I felt it draining my psychic energy very quickly. If not for Annihilape dragging me off it I would have passed out after it almost drained my energy completely. Then right after we hear a thunder crack with a storm starting to appear out of nowhere as the sky was clear just a few seconds ago. 

As I was picking myself up to leave with Annihilape as I didn't want to be struck by lightning, we heard a Pokémon's cry from the storm. A second later a large, green, serpentine Pokémon appeared from the clouds. It has red-tipped, rudder-like wings on its shoulders and down its body, and similarly patterned fins on the tip of its tail. Yellow ring-like symbols run across the length of its body and it has an additional yellow ring on top of its head. It has two limbs with three-clawed hands, and two long, flat, horn-like structures on its head, with two shorter horns along its jawline. It has small, yellow eyes with black pupils, prominent pink gums, and two discernible fangs in its upper jaw.

"Rayquaza," I mutter seeing the ancient Pokémon appear and make its way over to the tower. 

The huge Pokémon stops right by the tower's edge while staring me down along with Leo appearing now ready to fight. Though from what I can sense, Rayquaza is stronger than any other Pokémon we've met. As we all feel the presence he is radiating be one above Emperor Rank, God Rank and it makes us all want to kneel in awe in his presence. Because of our extremely high will, we are holding our ground but just barely. 

From what I know, Rayquaza has a strong and endless desire to do heroic deeds for the Pokémon world. It can soothe the other members of the super-ancient Pokémon, even in their Primal Forms. Rayquaza is the only one who can stop the duo and restore order to nature. Rayquaza is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer, where it feeds on water and other particles. It also preys on the Minior above the Alola region and even feeds on meteoroids, particularly Mega Stones. Rayquaza is almost never seen by people; even in flight, its appearance is indistinguishable from that of a meteor. It can breathe in outer space.

"Human… Why have you summoned me?" Rayquaza says with a deep voice reminding me of George Takei. 

"Sorry?" I say confused as I didn't summon Rayquaza and then I realize that the meteor seemed to use my energy to summon them. 

Rayquaza then just stares at me while I feel like someone is staring into my soul and seeing all my darkest secrets. After what feels like years of being stared at Rayquaza speaks back up as Leo and Annihilape are still ready to fight at a moment's notice. 

"You've been marked, by Arceus… it appears you are going to bring changes to this world… However, that is yet to be seen. Here is my Key Stone, infuse it with your Psychic energy and it will summon me to you. However, I ask you only use it when you absolutely have to," Rayquaza says as a sapphire-looking gem hovers over to me and drops into my hand. 

"Uhh…" I say just nodding my head taking in this information and processing it. 

"Good luck Human," Rayquaza says before flying away faster than I can perceive, and with him the storm dissipates as well. 

"What the fuck just happened?" I say out loud still trying to make out what the hell just happened. 

"Seems our journey is going to get rougher with time," Annihilape says as I just sigh. 

On our way down back in the lab the two researchers look like they want to ask me what the hell happened on the top of the tower. However, after being threatened by Annihilape earlier neither says anything to me. I just ignore them taking my leave and heading back to the city where I will leave the region and make plans on heading to the Sinnoh region. 

Once back in the city we head back to Slateport City and find a cruise that will bring us to the Sinnoh region. It will take us to Canalave City and from there I can explore the rest of the region. Personally after the Hoenn region, the Sinnoh region is my next favorite, along with the Pokémon found there. 

We then board the cruise which will be a two and half month journey to reach the other region. During that time we will all relax, along with Ralts and Milotic mastering their moves more in the morning in the training rooms on the ship. Afterward, we can all then relax for the rest of the day. So with that plan, we start our long journey to the Sinnoh region. 

10