Chapter 242: Zi Yan’s Surprise!
285 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 242: Zi Yan's Surprise!

"This... is too much..."

Watching Gu He collect the herbs, Zi Yan's mouth hung open, at a loss for words.

The next moment, Zi Yan glanced down at the pile of herbs she was holding and suddenly felt like a country bumpkin.

"What are you standing around for, let's go!"

Patting Zi Yan's little head, Gu He headed straight for the exit.

"Ah..."

"Teacher, wait for me!"

Startled by Gu He's pat, Zi Yan snapped out of her daze and trotted after him.

When they approached the energy barrier again, Gu He did not take out the jade token given by Su Qian but walked straight through the barrier without any obstruction.

Following behind, Zi Yan was slightly amazed to see Gu He exit like this. She reached out with her fair little hand to touch the energy barrier and, after a few tries, passed through without any hindrance as well.

Walking past the energy barrier, Gu He slowly made his way towards a small cabin at the end of the corridor, and as they approached, they could hear Elder Huo and Elder Hao's conversation inside.

"Elder Huo, do you think there's a chance I could ask Elder Gu to help me refine some pills later?"

"Better not today. After all, Elder Gu has just arrived and has already refined a pill for me. Asking him now might be a bit... You should wait and find another opportunity to visit him first, establishing a good relationship is more important..."

"Right, can't rush these things!"

...

Listening to their conversation, a faint smile appeared on Gu He's face.

"Elder Huo! Elder Hao!"

Gu He called out gently, and the two inside immediately looked up at the door with smiles on their faces, saying in unison.

"Elder Gu, have you chosen your herbs?"

Following his conversation with Elder Huo, Elder Hao's attitude towards Gu He had done a complete 180, filled with respect in his tone.

However, after their remarks, they noticed a little girl with light purple hair in white clothes appearing in their view.

Blinking their old eyes at Zi Yan and the herbs in her hands, Elder Hao, after a moment of realization, suddenly stood up from his chair, exclaiming loudly, "You again! Can't you find your own herbs outside instead of eating them here?"

"It's so troublesome to find them myself when there are ready ones here. Why wouldn't I eat them? You talk too much, old man. Keep it up, and I might have to hit you." Zi Yan gave Elder Hao a sidelong glance and raised her fist.

Zi Yan's actions clearly irritated Elder Hao, who was fuming, seemingly ready to explode at any moment. However, remembering Gu He was still there, he suddenly lowered his voice.

"I'll settle with you next time!" Pointing at Zi Yan, he whispered, straightened his clothes, and then turned his gaze back to Gu He. The anger on his face due to Zi Yan instantly transformed into a warm smile.

"Elder Gu, this little one often comes to the medicinal herb storage to feast, so I was a bit out of line just now!"

Chapter 242: Zi Yan's Surprise!

"It's fine."

Gu He maintained his amiable smile, then pointing at Zi Yan, he said to the two, "Speaking of which, it's quite a coincidence. I ran into this little one in the medicinal herb storage and found her quite interesting, so I decided to take her as my personal disciple."

As Gu He's words fell, Elder Huo and Elder Hao's faces showed peculiar expressions.

"Elder Gu, this child is exceptionally stubborn. In the inner courtyard, besides the Great Elder, no one can subdue her wild temper," Elder Hao said with a wry smile.

"Yes, Elder Gu, I fear that in a few days, you'll be thinking about how to expel her from your discipleship!" Elder Huo added with a laugh.

"Pfft! Pfft! Pfft! Pfft!"

Hearing their not-so-friendly assessments of her, Zi Yan, for some reason, felt a wave of panic inside, and retorted with her childish voice, "Elder Hao, how dare you speak ill of me in front of my teacher. I think you're the one who's truly unruly. And you, Elder Huo, be careful, or I'll pull out all your beard!"

"Ha ha!"

Seeing Zi Yan's anxious look, Elder Hao and Elder Huo not only did not pursue the matter of her speaking rudely but instead laughed heartily.

"Elder Gu is truly extraordinary, even managing to make someone as hard to discipline as Zi Yan become so anxious over a few comments," Elder Hao thought to himself.

"Thank you both for the warning, I will take it into consideration," Gu He responded after a casual exchange and then, guided by Elder Huo, he took Zi Yan to his own courtyard.

...

In the courtyard, observing the delicate and adorable little girl in front of him, Gu He thought to himself, "System, check Zi Yan's attributes."

Fifth Disciple: Zi Yan

Insight: 8.5

Root Bone: 9

Fortune: 9

Race: Taixu Ancient Dragon

Level: Fourth-order Intermediate (she is still beast.)

Techniques: ...

...

With the bloodline of the Taixu Ancient Dragon, Zi Yan's scores reaching up to nine were entirely within Gu He's expectations.

After reviewing Zi Yan's attributes, Gu He suddenly said with a stern face, "Zi Yan, now that you are my disciple, let me first tell you about my rules."

"If you find them unacceptable, you are free to leave at any time."

Seeing the sudden change in Gu He's expression, a hint of panic appeared in Zi Yan's bright black eyes.

"Um, I understand, Master!"

Zi Yan responded weakly, her mind once again dwelling on Elder Hao and Elder Huo's snitching in front of Gu He, and she silently cursed them a few times in her heart.

"Firstly, as my disciple, I will give you three welcome gifts, which you must accept and cannot refuse."

"Secondly, I always reward achievements. Whether you bring fame to me outside or make progress in your strength internally, I will give you generous rewards."

"Thirdly, as long as you do not betray the sect, you are free to do whatever you want. I will not interfere."

Initially, Zi Yan thought Gu He was going to impose some strict rules to control her behavior.

But when she heard that two of Gu He's "rules" were actually reward measures, she was a bit stunned!

"Is that all? Are there no other requirements...?" Zi Yan asked Gu He, somewhat dumbfounded.

"That's all, just these!"

Seeing Zi Yan's puzzlement, Gu He pretended to be curious, "What, you wanted me to set even more rules for you?"

Zi Yan laughed awkwardly and waved her hands, "No, not at all! That wasn't what I meant!"

(End of Chapter)

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

9