French Vanilla Plots
36 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isykle pov

I never had a scale of any kind while switching forms. Scratch that, the watch, but i dont think it accurately describes the multiples and traits the skill encapsulates… hm yes big words.

Anyway as such I feel this ongoing fight between those two is extremely interesting. To be barely hanging on then by crazy some ass pull you gain even ground and take some as well. To be a mob totally insignificant and level up to a boss. 

If the gain is so much for him, who has no mastery over this particular form, to defeat some who overwhelmed him so fiercely before. What of me, will the gains be the same? Does it multiply with base power (by how much), or will it be different because we are such? I feel i need these calculations to accurately judge who I wish to make enemies of and whos ass to kiss.

One of the best ways to know the differences in power is to get hit with it. My ki sense was ok, good at best. Which is why I plan to get up close and personal. A plan i dont like...

"*Sigh* what i do for future me…"

I ran to flank Vanilla, who was dealing with Dryce quite well. He were stronger and faster than him now but hes movement were off, likely not use to the increase. 

Entering the fight with a beautiful flying dropkick on his back the sudden force caused him to miss his grab on Dryce, but my attack did nothing more. I released a flurry of fists to his side, entirely unfazed he focused solely on Dryce. 

The gnat on his side(me) kept hitting joints slightly altering his hits on Dryce. Fed up of my antics the evolved swung his arm back in a wide arc sending tthe other guy and me flying.

He charged me with a knee, without a second delay as the impact crushed my forearm! He connected his fists over his head and bashing me against his knee.

My eyes lost focus but i didn't need that right now, I hooked my arms around his knees and twisted my body to the outside. With help from my flying Van went up, and then crashed into the cold ground while I rolled backwards back into a stance.

Getting his feet under myself I fired a fast wave from my good hand. 'Way above mine now. Don't have ki for a sustained blade or spiral. He's used to his power now. Times 30 then? Maybe mo-' A fist punched away my wave alerting me of the battles starting again.

I threw two destructo disks while closing in, they shattered on impact. I weaved to the right getting a clean hit on his ribs, another impact on his head resounded from Dryce.

I blocked a straight with numbing hands, but the next passed through his stinging hands. I was flying in the air the next second, my jaw screaming in pain!

TINK THUNK 1(IDK dryce soaring unwilling noises)

Dryce slammed into me, the force he was thrown sending us spiraling meters higher in the sky. I caught a glimpse of a green ball in Vanilla's hand. Shit

"Malachite Crasher!"

I clicked my teeth and spun an unconscious Dryce behind as before the bomb neared.

In a millisecond my brain drew the best way out. 'One good hand- can't hold it back, no good barrier technique, evade- too close too fast, beams and bombs- charge too slow, ki blade- parry the nuke?'

Skeptical of my mentality I sharply inhaled, forcefully summoned more ki from my reserves. And formed ki from my wrist past my hand about six feet outward. If my regular blades were already rough around the edges, ki jetting to the sides like teeth on a saw, this one was like a branch. Long and thick with twigs of unrefined energy wasted away and reforming.

I jabbed the middle of the bomb. Instantly my 'branch' started to fade away, as I gritted my teeth. Arduously my hand cut downard as it exploded creating a small pocket of safety in the destruction.

The light faded and my senses immediately went to locate Vanilla's figure, preparing for a follow-up. But seeing his base I was flooded with relief.

'I am a god damn God! I need a nap. Think we can accurately scale my evolved form tho. Don't think it was worth the pain…'

"Done?" Krustallos appeared off to the side, raising an eyebrow at the knocked out Dryce in my hand.

Turning to a haggard Vanilla a smile crossed his lips. "I take it that you obtained it. Woonderful."

'That man rarely smiles like that… What is he plotting to do? Did I fuck up somewhere?'

"Drop off the boy with his guardian, Gelid, and we can return home." Krust continued, upset about what he talked to Gelid about before getting here. "I already owe her a favor for this, its better to leave now and not let it grow with this session being too long."

'He never gave us a date for the exam. It could have been a day ago or tomorrow you. He could keep you trapped here and kill you off.'

"No, I still haven't taught anything to Dryce. I'd be disgraceful to ask for a playdate, beat the shit outta him and leave. Leave if ya gotta, I know the way back. Hehe I ain't gonna disappear." 

I watched Krustallos ki signature for any spikes. I was hurt and my ki was low so I might have missed it while we had our tiny stare down.

Done thinking he replied with a simple 'Mhmm' before grabbing my brother and flying off.

I sighed as he left my senses, they weren't far but it was comforting he wasn't here. I started my way to Gelids compound, Dryce's home. 

'He hasn't taught me anything since I got back, I thought it was because he didn't want to bother me teaching Van the new form but… it would also be fair to assume it was to keep me as less of a hassle to deal with.

I'm an ant to him already, my evolved form was weaker than his second form. But I did better than I ever did using it, an easy reason why he wanted Vanilla to learn it (will he get Van to teach him tho). 

So if he wants to kill me (I outlived my usefulness and he could still hold a grudge for running away), how do I live? 

Golden form it out of reach, Van would never help me fight Krustallos, the laws he told us about would be nice to rely on but there is no civilization anywhere near. Could I ask Gelid or the other parents… from what I heard from the other kids Krustallos is the outsider, as everyone else trains together at least once a month but us. If they are not that close maybe they will defend me… no, no he's way more valuable than me, and I already taught Van what could have made me such, even if they hated each other there is no reward for killing him to her.

As suspected, directly fighting him in any way seems futile, least right now. 

Running… I'm not going to spend another damn year in the icy shit-land. If I knew the date and time of the exam (if it's even real) I might have the patience to sit in a cave till then. I can try to get that from Gelid, or even see if Kammis knows anything, even if unlikely to go anywhere. I also dont want to talk to them using the bezels transmissions since he can likely see it- a point for going on "playdates."

Ok thats a good plan A, I still have a minimum of 9 hours for plan B and C while trying to get info from her. I can't count on the off chances of finding a spaceship while on the run (or a facility weak enough to raid for one) on this planet to get off.'

french vanilla (icecream) is supposed to be richer and tastier than regular vanilla so that was a funny joke i wanted to fit in to the story when van transformed but couldn't. So title...

I just bought an xbox so i might be late on the next chapter if you know what i mean... (Yall xbox or playstation gang?)

Speaking of chapters if ya see mistakes tell meeeee

1