Nightmare (3)
138 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nightmare (3)

     Mimi’s words are breaking me down even further. She seems to pick up on that, but misunderstands me. “Fine, fine. Look, just between us, ok?” She looks around the area again.

      “It may sound silly, and delusional, gods, don’t I know it! When I approached the others about it, I was surprised to find they had come to similar ideas.”

      “And what are these ‘ideas’ you all came to?”

      Another glance around the area, and she pulls me back to a tree. “Look, it’s crazy okay? I swear to the gods I’m not making this up.”

      “Goddamnit it Mimi, I get it. Tell me already.”

      I slam her up against the tree, and rest my body on hers. The feeling of her contours is so nostalgic. She arches an eyebrow at me but I shake my head.

      “What is it you realized?” She gives me her trademark toothy grin.

      “Obviously it makes no sense, but…I think at some point… the Zeroth well, was um-” I shoot her a glare and dig my body into her more. Red starts to coat her cheeks and her throat shows her swallowing.

      “I think the Zeroth was a woman before becoming a man.” The surprise alone causes me to jump away from her, eyes wide.

      “Look, it’s crazy, I know, but do you really have to act like that?” she asks.

      I shake my head at her and move back in.

      “How long?” She tilts her head at me. “How long did you know I- that Zero was a woman?” Her beautiful eyes dart up and to the left, as if replaying her life in her mind.

      “I don’t know. Always? Never? It’s hard to tell. It’s more like, one day as the war started, a bunch of memories kind of popped into my head. They’re blurry, and make little sense. Certain scenes do play out, and what they have in common, even between the others, is the surprise of finding out that the Zeroth was a woman. I mean, that obviously makes no sense. A woman can’t even be the Zeroth.”

      “I see…” I say while backing up. “Off to my tent then?”

      Mimi’s brow furrows at my question. “This way.” She storms off and I have to do my best to catch her.

      “What of Rose and Kay?”

      Mimi looks over at me, “Strange how you act so familiar with strangers. You’re going to get yourself in trouble by doing that.”

      When we arrive at my tent, she opens it and shows me inside. “Thanks,” I say, however she makes no move to leave. “Yes?”

      “Hair like ember, loyalty falters,” she murmurs in a near-trance, causing my breath to catch in my throat. I reach up and grab her shoulders and shake her.

      “What did you say?”

      “What? Damn, you’re fast! Let go of me!” she demands. I don’t release her. I ask her again, and still she acts confused before forcing my hands from her.

      “Get some sleep. You’re going crazy. Fennis was right, you're especially unrested.”

      “What did you just say?” My hopes skyrocket.

      “Go to sleep. Zero ordered it.” With that, she leaves my tent, and my hope falls to hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 1: here

Please heart the chapters, follow me, comment, rate, review, and share!

I have a short story drama about a woman being kidnapped and used in experimentations to rid the world of all diseases, with light yuri and supernatural undertones: here

12