Battle Of Domion Valley (4)
119 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Battle Of Domion Valley (4)

      When I arrive at the battle, Fennis, Gabe, Kagura, Kay, and Mimi are surrounded by Beta. They’ve made a wall around those who remain, trying to protect the injured members of the army. They’ve done well, but their exhaustion is obvious. What the Beta lack in true power, they make up for in numbers – numbers that far surpass any we could ever hope to raise. Our foe keep coming endlessly, despite the numbers we lay to waste.

      I realize that if I jump back into the battle, I will only exhaust myself once more. I have to find another way to help.

      I look around the valley, hoping to be inspired by the scenery. The tall mountains around us are a beautiful shade of red, darkening as they near the snow-covered tops. I scurry to move up the mountain as far as I can to test the strength of the peaks. They’re strong, however with my power, perhaps I can break them. I look below, and realize this may be the only choice. I only hope to whatever beings there may be, that I can get the others out of harm’s way.

      I focus all of my strength into my arms, and drive them deep into the mountain, over and over. The shocking sound of it all echoes around us, eventually grabbing the attention of the others. It doesn’t take Fennis long to realize what I’m doing, and judging by his hysterical gesturing, he’s ordering a retreat.

      Good, at least some will live.

      On my final strike, the mountain howls, and the area around me begins to fall. I flee as my power begins to fade and the avalanche consumes me. If I fall today, I can accept it. By protecting the others, I have shown pride. I have done good by my promises to Rachel and Rei.

      Within the cold darkness, my mind is all that is free, and I consider the things I have seen. That sludge came from me before – it also came from Charlie. What is it?

      Who was that other version of myself standing before me, that I spoke to?

      Rei exists. Hell, she exists in more than one place at a time. Could that “me” have been “me” from another time, another plane of existence?

      That’s fucking absurd.

      A light blinds me, and people shouting assault my ears. “She’s here! Found her!”

      I’m disoriented as familiar arms that pull me up. “Eve, are you okay?”

      “You stupid cur, answer us!”

      “I-I’m alive!” I gasp as the world comes into view.

      “I’m so glad,” a bob of purple hair cries out from my chest- Mimi is hugging me. The look on Fennis’ face is one of agitation, whereas the others are simply confused.

      “I’m so glad, Eve…” Mimi starts to cry into my chest. Holding Mimi in my arms feels as natural as ever.

      My head feels light – I suspect it’s from the trauma of nearly dying.

      Returning her embrace, I dig my face into her hair and breathe deeply. A laugh falls through the air. Its cynical tone tells of our folly. A hand reaches between us and yanks Mimi back.

      Looking up, I see Rose hiding Mimi behind her back, with a glare aimed at me.

      “It is well that she is fine, but we need to scour the valley for other survivors – allies and foe alike.” Gabe then turns and barks orders at everyone else.

      Fennis scoffs. “Glad to see you make it in time to be useless,” he snarls at Rose, who winces.

      “I'll scout further out and make sure there’s no more coming,” Kay says with a nod towards Fennis, before running back into the battlefield.

      My vision starts to dim and words fade on the wind as my consciousness leaves me.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 1: here

Please heart the chapters, follow me, comment, rate, review, and share!

I have a short story drama about a woman being kidnapped and used in experimentations to rid the world of all diseases, with light yuri and supernatural undertones: here

 

12