Recovery – Shift (2)
120 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recovery - Shift (2)

      When we arrive at my tent and step inside, she grabs my shoulders and spins me to face her. Her glare is as threatening as ever, however, it doesn’t bother me the same way as her injured eye does. I can’t stop myself and lay my hand over it.

      The moment I touch her, she headbutts me in the face. I stumble backward and she pulls me back by my collar, glaring harder at me. My nose throbs and I can feel blood oozing out. Suppressing a small laugh, I place my hand on her eye again.

      Her expression shows surprise, and she pushes me to the ground before storming out. I don’t even bother to get up. My nose is still causing me pain and bleeding profusely and my body protests against me. Though I am no longer the Zeroth, my healing is still more than a normal human’s. I can feel my broken nose mending itself, as sore as it may be. I hold my arm in the air and extend my hand. Though I am so far away from her, it almost feels like I could close my hand around Rei’s and pull her to me. Whatever it is about our bond, it still remains unbroken, even if it is weakened.

      My hand drops and I soon find myself in a deep sleep.

      I dream an unbroken dream of the night I first got to leave the house when I awoke in this world and explored the garden outside. I remember a voice echoing all around me, calling me closer. I remember the voice taking me and twisting me.

      I remember it all so clearly here in the darkness, in this time in between light and dark. When I awaken, I know only bits and pieces will remain. What am I to do then, with the knowledge that I obtain, if it’s only to disappear?

      Am I mistaken to believe in myself, that I will pull through this? Was that voice right so long ago? Did I give up my potential life with Rei… a Rei? Only to return and be devoured by my own plight, and that of the Betas?

      But “no” she told me, the me that wasn’t me. She told me that I’m on a good path, a path of good for the sake of good. Is that true? I don’t know, and frankly, I don’t care. I truly want my girls back, the world be damned.

      That is what I’ll do – I’ve decided. The fate of worlds and races be damned, I’ll do what I want to do, be as happy as I can. I’ll kill for the Nina that was taken from me, and I’ll kill to take control away from that serpent Fennis.

      With these thoughts, I awake to the chorus of the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 1: here

Please heart the chapters, follow me, comment, rate, review, and share!

I have a short story drama about a woman being kidnapped and used in experimentations to rid the world of all diseases, with light yuri and supernatural undertones: here

11