Ame Undone (2)
145 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ame Undone (2)

      I scream in pure, unadulterated anger, “I’ll fucking kill you for what you did to Nina!”

      Gehenna gives her trademark, twisted smile. “Ahahaha. She had it coming, the selfish bitch who sits so high on her pedestal, playing her role so well.”

      “Careful with what you say Gehenna,” Dom protests.

      “What the fuck does it matter what she says? Fennis, Dom, kill the bitch!” I demand from them.

      Fennis nods and reaches through the void, pulling out his sword of ice. The Void -- That which exists between all possible realm; that which holds the vast knowledge of the cosmos. He stands at the ready, and dashes towards Gee. Unbelievably, she reaches out and grabs his blade. The look on his face would be comical were it not so telling of just how screwed we were.

      Gehenna gets a wicked smile, and places her other hand on his chest. Fear crosses his face as she pulses energy into him, sending him across the entire massive room. He goes through three pillars before being embedded into the wall.

      “Oh, he just simply isn’t enough. No man can ever please me the way you do, Eve.”

      I gulp, and wipe my hands on my pants. “Dom, what do we do? Stop just fucking standing there.”

      “Gehenna! This is all going off course, and you know it.” Dom keeps babbling about things I can't understand.

      Her veins visibly bulge and tremble beneath her skin.

      “Shut your damn mouth! You have no idea what it feels like! This is the only time you have remembered anything! I have experienced this since time immemorial and I am sick of it.”

      “We all have a role to play. That is what we signed up for. Moderator knew it as well. And now she has been dismissed early thanks to your actions.” Dom’s face grows tense and he scolds her like a father would an unruly child

      “Oh, Loyalty. Were there ever a more suitable Title for one so naive as you? Give it time Domnis. You will come to be just the same as me.” Gehenna gives an unapologetic yawn afterward.

      “I won’t. I have chosen this all the same. Since the founding of Arsea I-”

      “Hah. A few thousand years at best. Try billions Dom." She twists his name around in her mouth as if it carries a bad taste. "A near-infinite amount of time. I could sleep as long as you have remembered, and it would barely pass as a nap.”

     “You have a cruel fate Gehenna. We all know it. But you can not change it. None of us can. It is God’s will.” Dom shifts his weight from one hip to another.

      “Fuck you, and fuck her.” She snaps her fingers and countless voids open around us. “I will smash this whole fucking rock until there is nothing left! I will ruin all of you here! Every single one of us, the Beta will feast upon. You say I cannot change my fate? Then so be it! But they can. Even God should be able to have her fate changed if the entirety of the Beta race catches up to her. No more running. No more going by the script. Every. Single. Person. Dies. Now!” Gehenna harkons forth a slew of Beta as the corners of her lips tear and her smile meets her solid-white eyes.

      “I am the Beacon drawing the light. I stand as the guardian to this world from the next. I will not allow you, or anyone else to ruin her plans. As painful as your life is, hers is so much worse!” Dom shows real agitation for the first time.

      Dom proceeds to walk in front of us. Every single step he takes, the area around us quakes. With one foot before the next, he sends shivers through the air but the electricity alone causes my hair to stand on end.

      He gives me the weakest, smallest of smiles as he passes me. Countless Beta surround us now, but they almost seem scared to attack us, much to Gehenna’s annoyance. As Dom slowly meanders forward, a fire envelops his body.

      Starting small, he encases his body and spreads all over. His clothes burn away and reappear. The color of his hair changes and his hat morphs into a typical wizard hat. Before me, his grey beard burns to ashes and in its place is a smooth-shaven, younger man with rainbow hair. It was not only rainbow in color, but each section of hair also snapped with its own element.

      For the first time since being here, my tongue aches from the magic in the air. Even without my powers, I am able to feel the sheer intensity of the man before us. Everyone else seems to feel the same way, even Fennis, who waddled back to the group at some point, seems to be amazed.

      “I am Domnis Lux!” He professes as he slams the end of his staff down. The force alone wipes out half the Beta in the room.

      “And I! I am the Vargar of Wizardry! Come! You shall not pass!” his voice booms from across the room and reverberates a power I could have never known to exist.

      Gee points her finger and thumb at Dom, a gesture reminiscent of a gun. She lets the hammer, her thumb, fall. I’ve seen that move turn entire Beta to dust, but all we see now is a small glimmer around Dom. It seems the shield around him is providing a layer of protection. I gulp at the sheer magnitude of what I see before me.

      “By the gods…I had heard the rumors, of course, but never would I have imagined this…” Mimi says.

      The whole group murmurs in agreement.

      “This is beyond even the power I possess. What is this?” The honesty in Fennis’ words speaks a sobering perception of what we’re witnessing.

      All at once, Gehenna roars to the heavens and demands the Beta attack us. Her words are followed by a near-infinite stream of Beta suddenly pouring in.

      “This is the when part you run!” Dom instructs us over his shoulder.

      With a wave of his hand, dozens and dozens of Beta simply disappear before us, leading toward the exit door. My mind's in turmoil over what is happening. “Dom! Come with us!”

      In a voice far too calm for the situation at hand, he says simply, “I shall be right there, child.”

      I resist believing that... in this moment, I have never heard a bigger lie.

12